Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th December 2014, 14:38   #11
philjudo
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 CDTI Saloon Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becs512 View Post
I would love some advice....I have just found out that there are such things....as tyre pressure monitors.
Seems a godsend and OK...OK....I admit to being a bit dim.....at times.

What do other members think of them...are they a good idea, are they easy to install and I guess the million dollar question is, do they work ....??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-...item3a94a513d8

I use these and they seem OK. I still check them at a garage but at least you can pick up a leak early on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-G...item41898cddc8

Just need to pick the pressure that you want for whatever car requirements.

Last edited by philjudo; 12th December 2014 at 15:01..
philjudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 08:16   #12
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

I have a TPMS from Sean. With extern sensors screwed in place of the dustcaps. The sensors cannot removed without a special tool. Changing summer for winterwheels, just unscrew the sensors en place them on the others. The receiver lies just behind my Navall 1 unit. Every time by starting the car I get a few seconds a screen wich showed every tyre with pressure and degrees. You get a warning with sound and screen when a tyre pressure is to low and it shows which tyre. You can set the warning tyre pressure on what your like. There's also a button you can press to see on your way how the tyres are doing. It is the Steelmate TP05E. I am very happy with it.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 08:44   #13
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
I have a TPMS from Sean. With extern sensors screwed in place of the dustcaps. The sensors cannot removed without a special tool. Changing summer for winterwheels, just unscrew the sensors en place them on the others. The receiver lies just behind my Navall 1 unit. Every time by starting the car I get a few seconds a screen wich showed every tyre with pressure and degrees. You get a warning with sound and screen when a tyre pressure is to low and it shows which tyre. You can set the warning tyre pressure on what your like. There's also a button you can press to see on your way how the tyres are doing. It is the Steelmate TP05E. I am very happy with it.
Just curious, can it read five tyres? as in spare, real spare that is and not the chunk of rubber Rover used as a spare
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 20:17   #14
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

Read 5 tyres? Don't think so. You get a screen with four pressures and temps. Do not think that there is room for 5. But in honest, never tryed.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 20:49   #15
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

The Renault system can be disabled by a Renault dealer for a fee as they are a problematical it would appear, All our still work but it is annoying as you can't rotate the wheels for even wear or in our case remove a slightly buckled front to the rear without having the valves removed and swapped over as they are coded to position and like most things that still work, I tend to leave well alone..

So a nice ladies voice pipes up 'Rear right tyre, check the pressue' , while a display highlights it like this

If you have one with nav you get this too

Still miffed that she doesn't sound French though, Michelle from Allo Allo would have been so much more fun.

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 23:30   #16
wooly12345
Gets stuck in

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
What would be the damage on one of these systems?
wooly12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 15:54   #17
breakfastinsmethwick
Gets stuck in

Maintainer of sons ZT M47r

I cant find a link but wern't Euro Car Parts doing several systems - Might be worth a look?
breakfastinsmethwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2014, 08:13   #18
Valkman
Avid contributor

ROVER SE 75 CDTI

WARNING!!!!!
Guys be careful buying the gauge caps that you add onto the end of the valve. It adds extra weight to the end of the valve and when the wheel spins it bends the valve with centrifugal force. After a while the valves rubber at the wheel can give way, and give way VERY quickly. You can have an instant blowout.
The only way around this is to add support under the valve like what is on my Valkyrie motorbike. See attached picture. Sorry it's not good pic just got it from the web.
I remember during my car alarm install days Meta brought out a pressure warning system. You had to remove the tyre, then put a huge jubilee clip around the inside of the rim with the sensor attached to it. Then you put the tyre back on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dunloptire copy.jpg (6.7 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Valkman; 21st December 2014 at 08:17..
Valkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2014, 08:51   #19
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Had TPMS on my Laguna. Nothing but a pain in the butt.
Old 21st December 2014, 08:58   #20
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
Had TPMS on my Laguna. Nothing but a pain in the butt.
As soon as one of mine packs up with more than a flat battery i'll be switching it off.. But while it's working......

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote