Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th April 2014, 20:51   #1101
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Glad to hear its not just me

I think the biggest concern is the order the card is over-written. It really should be oldest first.

Maybe one of you guys with a DVR would remove the TF card and check the video clip dates on a PC?

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 15:48   #1102
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

Jeff, if you remember, the problem is only with the unit on. With unit off I have full screen. I disconnected the TPMS and connected the reversecamera direct into the unit, makes no difference. I did not had the time to disconnect the reversecamera from the TPMS and to see what happens than.
You know that the TPMS needs to connect to the unit through the reverse input.
Something else, I have a whistle that response by the alternator. It comes through the speakers. When volume off it is gone. By raising of the revs the tone is going higher but not louder. Sean was thinking of a wrong connection by an earth wire. Tried everything but no result. Today I disconnect the DVB-T audio video cable, (still got the unit that was delivered by the winc unit,) and the problem was over. But no TV now. Do you have any suggestion?

Gerard

BTW, navi system is working perfect now.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 16:52   #1103
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Well, another 3 months of trouble free dd service came to an end again today. Error messages started coming. Factory reset done and all sorted again till july. Cant wait for the new firmware release, hope it will sort it. So strange it is always 3 months between crashes
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 16:57   #1104
Godfer
Posted a thing or two

Seafrost 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
Well, another 3 months of trouble free dd service came to an end again today. Error messages started coming. Factory reset done and all sorted again till july. Cant wait for the new firmware release, hope it will sort it. So strange it is always 3 months between crashes
The firmware update is imminent apparently...I await with eager anticipation!

A lovely Seafrost 1.8T
Godfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2014, 12:06   #1105
jubbarelly
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180 SE Poseidon, Peugeot 508 GT Sport Tourer

This now keeps popping up aswell as the google.process errors.

uploadfromtaptalk1399723324369.jpg

The sat nav no longer boots and everytime I turn it on also, there's no sound until I close all the apps and restart the radio or whatever music I want playing.

I wouldn't mind so much if the car was used all day but it's not, the DD unit gets used for maybe an hour or two each week because the car only gets used on a Saturday.

As you can imagine I'm getting rather peed off for something that cost £500 yet doesn't function correctly, and never really has since I've had it tbh. The most it's worked fully is for about 3 weeks!

Please don't say I've got to do another factory reset.....

Cheers!
jubbarelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2014, 12:14   #1106
DaveyC

MG ZT-T Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbarelly View Post

Attachment 34067

The sat nav no longer boots and everytime I turn it on also, there's no sound until I close all the apps and restart the radio or whatever music I want playing.

I wouldn't mind so much if the car was used all day but it's not, the DD unit gets used for maybe an hour or two each week because the car only gets used on a Saturday.

As you can imagine I'm getting rather peed off for something that cost £500 yet doesn't function correctly, and never really has since I've had it tbh. The most it's worked fully is for about 3 weeks!

Cheers!
Jubbs,

Until it gets that firmware upgrade, its not going to improve any. Its running a prehistoric version of Android.

I wanted one myself but opted to stick a tablet in, and it does everything I need without issue.

However, I am still waiting to see what feedback is like when the firmware is actually upgraded as keeps being promised, as they do look good (expensive dash ornament though).

Hope you get it sorted mate.

Dave
Old 10th May 2014, 12:23   #1107
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbarelly View Post

Attachment 34067

Cheers!
Yes it does mean doing another factory reset I am sorry to say.

These problems seem to occur when the head unit it how shut down correctly, I.E you stall the car, or it does not start first time.

I have had this type of unit installed in both my 75 and now the Chrysler 300c for over a year and half and only once I have had to do a factory reset once and that was due to me loading corrupt software on the unit.

If you stall the car, please wait for the head unit to start up fully (where practically possible, not if you are turning and the car cuts out ECT) then close it down as you should do, this will stop the error messages.

I know Sean is waiting on a firmware update, but unless you close down the head unit in the correct manor it will not make any difference you will get these error messages.

Its a bit like when you close down your Windows based P.C's incorrectly it will always tell you boot it up that it closed down unexpectedly and do you want to load windows normally or do a scan disk.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2014, 12:29   #1108
jubbarelly

The car doesn't get stalled lol and also the car is ran long enough for the unit to start up.

If it can't handle the fact that if the car ignition is turned on and off before the start up process is complete then this needs adding to the programming of the start up sequence of the unit maybe?

At the end of the day it's for use in a car and as such needs to handle ignition on and off properly and to protect itself.

Can't wait for this update...
Old 10th May 2014, 12:39   #1109
DaveyC

MG ZT-T Diesel

Try using an app called "autosleeper". It may get around this, as you choose how long it is before the shutdown is enabled when the ignition goes off and it stops this issue on my tablet install. To actually turn the unit fully off it would need to be "rooted".

Cheers,

Dave
Old 10th May 2014, 12:41   #1110
jubbarelly

Cheers dave, I'll have a look after I've done the reset...

Cheers