Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th March 2014, 20:38   #41
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Just double-checked the bootlogo:

Yes, it is possible. Just a matter of copying your image file to the correct folder.
No, you can not do this without either rotting the device or by changing the folder permissions, which in both cases will probably void the warranty.

So I don't recommend doing it!

p.s. perhaps this is something Sean can discuss with the creators. A 'custom import' option shouldn't be to difficult to make.
Old 7th March 2014, 06:06   #42
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

Hi Vinnie,

I'll be looking at an extender today. Might be the best option.

I won't be rooting the unit. I can try some stock tools from the market to see if I can do some non destructive changes. Otherwise it is up to the factory.

Thanks!

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 12:49   #43
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

OK, The range extender did the trick. I can conclude the signal was indeed not strong enough.

Bought myself a TP-Link TL-WA850RE, configured it and plugged it in. Went over to the car and started the unit. Wireless was much stronger and installing apps and reading the news was a breeze.

One more question answered

I'll be experimenting with the VCD this weekend and also try to refit the unit to get it more flush with the dash.

Keep you posted!

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023

Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
Old 7th March 2014, 13:04   #44
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjonnie View Post
OK, The range extender did the trick. I can conclude the signal was indeed not strong enough.

Bought myself a TP-Link TL-WA850RE, configured it and plugged it in. Went over to the car and started the unit. Wireless was much stronger and installing apps and reading the news was a breeze.

One more question answered

I'll be experimenting with the VCD this weekend and also try to refit the unit to get it more flush with the dash.

Keep you posted!
Keep up the good work Jan
Old 7th March 2014, 13:34   #45
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Just as a heads-up:

When you start iGo, it shows a little map with your car and location and next to it are 3 big buttons.
Below that are also 3 buttons: left = 'on/off button', middle = traffic information, right = UI settings.

When you go to UI settings the option on the top will allow you to disable this screen and directly show a full screen map with your location on it.
If you enable this options you can't go back into this menu anymore. So it's not possible to turn it off again.

The solution isn't to diffcult luckily.

Go to SDCard/Android/iGo/Profiles/01
And copy the file 'System.ini' to an external device (like a USB stick).
Go back to your computer and insert the external device.
Open 'System.ini' in notepad.

If you scroll down a bit, you'll see something like:

Quote:
[lua]
currency="Eur"
currentvoiceissupkmm="1"
currentvoiceissupmlf="1"
currentvoiceissupmly="1"
last_country="_NED"
overviewmodeon="1"
routemethodlistindex="0"
tmcwaspresented="1"
tripinfovisible="0"
veasywizmodeonfirststart="0"
volume_unit="3"
(it's possible that your list of items looks a bit different, but some should be in yours as well. In any case, is needs to start with: [lua] )

Remove anything between 'tmcwaspresented="1"' and 'veasywizmodeonfirststart="0"'.
Save the file (do not rename it or anything).

Go back to your car and start the radio.
After it's done starting up, go back to SDCard/Android/iGo/Profiles/01 and rename 'System.ini' to 'backupSystem.ini' (this way we'll always have a backup of the original file).
Now go to the external device and copy 'System.ini' into SDCard/Android/iGo/Profiles/01.

Start the iGo app, and you'll notice that the original screen with the options is back.

(this startup screen is more important then you might think, because it offers an 'on/off' switch that allows the app to be fully closed. If you can not get into this screen, you can not close the app fully. It will keep running in the background. (unless you go into device manager and force-close the app manually)).

All these steps are much easier with a proper file browser like ES File Explorer.
Old 13th March 2014, 17:29   #46
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

OK, after a lot of thinking and buying the necessary supplies I placed the reverse camera today. I used this thread as my guidance. Kudos to neilbaker86

Getting the wires through the rubber tube between the boot lid and the car seemed impossible but WD40 finally did the trick

Location of camera:

View from the camera on the unit:

I noticed the picture from the camera is mirrored. I guess I can change that in the unit (haven't tried yet).

Now I only have to find a way to get the wiring from the unit through the cabin in a decent way without having to rip my car apart...

Keep you posted!

Sjonnie

Quote:

Last edited by Sjonnie; 13th March 2014 at 17:34..
Old 14th March 2014, 08:19   #47
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

ok, sorry for breaking in. I have the same problem, unit gives "time out" by trying to access internet. Think I will go for the same solution, range extender wifi. Need to place it in the house somewhere I suppose? Not so good in this sort of things. About the voices, I had some Dutch voices from Sean, placed them in the right maps and see them on the sd card. But when I start navigation on the unit, the voices are not vissible. So I cannot select them. I have placed them in the igo and the primo folder. I have removed the naviprogram from the unit and uses it from the sd card.
Don't know of you both Dutch read about the strange thing that I have. 2 different screens when unit off/on when looking at reverse camera and tyrepressure? Still no solution for this.
@ Jeff and Tony: I"m coming to the National in Gaydon, maybe you will have a look at it.
( seems weird to type in English when discussing with Dutch. )
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 09:15   #48
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Hoi Ted,

No problem. I will try to help you as best as I can in English. Otherwise we can PM in Dutch. How cool is that

I have bought a "cheap" TP-Link WiFi extender (around € 29,- at paradigit) and put it in a wall socket as close to the car as I could find. Works like a charm.

The installation of the TP-Link thingy is (as I see it) a bit peculiar. You disconnect your computer from the network and connect the TP-Link directly to your PC (with a network cable of course ) Then you go through the settings wizard, disconnect the Extender and stick it in the socket.

Wait about three minutes walk to your car and start browsing on your unit

HTH

Sjonnie

Quote:
Old 14th March 2014, 18:46   #49
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

@Sjonnie, I also thought the image of the rear-view camera can be mirrored. It even says that the lines can be disabled/enabled.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it. Sean doesn't know it and Jeff can't recall.
So as far as I have found, these options don't exist....

Has Jeff or Seans given you the #* code to use in bluetooth mode?
Old 15th March 2014, 07:15   #50
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Hi,

Haven't found a way to mirror the image of the reverse camera. If Jeff can't remember () and Sean doesn't know I might just have to rely on Google to find an answer.

By the way, have gotten the wire of the camera nicely tucked away in the cabin. Routed it under the plastic parts under the doors and under the rear seat to the boot. Looks neat enough

I have not been given a secret password yet. So maybe if Jeff strolls by.....

Sjonnie

Quote: