Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th November 2013, 05:53   #471
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
With regards to the dvb aerial fitting it is really a case of following the instructions that are shown in the packaging.
You need to peel back the self adhesive backing of the aerial part and stick to the glass and then peel back the tape on the cable and make sure both metal contacts make contact with their aerial counterparts and then stick it down.
If you go back through this thread you will see how they should look fitted

My packaging just says stick this to glass, stick this to that, don't touch this, don't touch that. Suppose I'm more of a diagram man, but thanks for the expansion, I think I understand now and will try and do it today and post up some pictures at each stage. With all the rain the windows keep steaming up, so have to pick my moment.

I have the rear blind fitted so want to be sure it doesn't interfere, but must say that i already have 10 channels and the antenna are not even stuck on yet, so it bodes well for when they are !
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 06:05   #472
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

[QUOTE=Radioguy;1476643]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
This unit is great. The manuals however are a bit sparse, so a couple more questions:

Today I fitted the telly and the PVR front camera.

Jeff will be along shortly to recommend mounting the aerials in the car. He is enjoying "and I quote: the best freeview reception he has seen in or out of the house" .

It Does is own thing and Loops
Thanks Sean. Only had it powered up on the yard so far, will take a drive today and let it do its thing. It had buttons on screen for "Record" which confused me in to thinking I had to plan for my accidents. I knew it couldn't be that way.

The TV is so much better.

I found out why you supplied a separate Mic for the phone now. made a call the other day and was told "Why are you in a cave, come out so I can hear you!" so will be pulling the unit out again to fit the external mic now.

The IGO Primo is excellent, especially when tethered to the traffic alerts, and the map resolution so much clearer and better at warning of turnings.
Old 9th November 2013, 07:39   #473
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
My packaging just says stick this to glass, stick this to that, don't touch this, don't touch that. Suppose I'm more of a diagram man, but thanks for the expansion, I think I understand now and will try and do it today and post up some pictures at each stage. With all the rain the windows keep steaming up, so have to pick my moment.

I have the rear blind fitted so want to be sure it doesn't interfere, but must say that i already have 10 channels and the antenna are not even stuck on yet, so it bodes well for when they are !
The L And R doesn't matter as such, the long part of the aerial should be at the top with the shorter part below.
They both really should be mounted horizontally polarized.
The end result should look something like this....

Inside of car.

Outside of car.
Old 9th November 2013, 08:22   #474
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

To come back to the TMPS, I tried several things, disconnect and connect, everything is oke, tv, dvd, cd, radio.
Only the problem with the TMPS stays. With the unit off, it's good, with the unit on, I miss a part of the picture at the bottom.
And the same problem with the reverse camera, but that is because the videolead from the rear is plugged in in the TMPS unit, as manual says.

Gerard
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 08:27   #475
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
To come back to the TMPS, I tried several things, disconnect and connect, everything is oke, tv, dvd, cd, radio.
Only the problem with the TMPS stays. With the unit off, it's good, with the unit on, I miss a part of the picture at the bottom.
And the same problem with the reverse camera, but that is because the videolead from the rear is plugged in in the TMPS unit, as manual says.

Gerard
Hi Gerard,

Can't help you with the tyre pressure monitoring system but it does sound like it needs the display output setting changing.
The reversing camera should have its own input for the android head unit.
Small lead with one phono and one 12v power socket.
Try disconnecting the reverse camera from the tyre system and see if the problem goes.
I presume you have the tpms plugged into either aux1 or aux2?
Old 9th November 2013, 08:58   #476
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
The L And R doesn't matter as such, the long part of the aerial should be at the top with the shorter part below.
They both really should be mounted horizontally polarized.
The end result should look something like this....

Inside of car.

Outside of car.
Thanks for clearing up the L & R bit. Now just need to locate it not to interfere with the blind then its all finished.

Amazing passion you guys put in to this product. Do you ever rest?
Old 9th November 2013, 09:13   #477
wnj516
Avid contributor

ZT400 SE

Thanks Jeff and Sean for clearing up the points I raised, the photos say it all with regards to the aerial fitting and as for the tv transmitter I was looking at the pic on the instruction of plugging it into a rear screen that's Chinesenglish
nigel
wnj516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 10:45   #478
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:

Gerard
Gerard I have an Email into Steelmate , It is something in the resolution settings. Sorry this is our first experience with this TPMS
I Will write them , if you want to as well , they have a UK website
[email protected]

AS per My email just a few moments ago, I am not sure how to adjust the resolution. I checked the manuals and there is zro mention of it

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 12:04   #479
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

Hi Jeff,
No, the connection is okay, the TMPS has his own unit, very small one, the videolead from the reverse camera goes in there and the video lead that comes out, so both signals, the tirepressure and reverse, goes into the unit in reverse input.

It's made this way so when the unit is off and I start the car, the TMPS sends a signal to the unit to wake it up, gives a screen with the tirepressure and degrees and after a few seconds it turns off. When I goes in reverse, the TMPS unit sends that signal to the unit, the unit wakes up and gives me the view from the rear camera.
At this situation a have a good screen.

The same when the unit is on, but than the TMPS doesn't have to wake the unit . . . because it is allready on.
At this situation I miss the bottom lines.

When you look here and scroll down you see a picture of the small TMPS unit with connections.
http://www.75andzt.com/index.php?rou...product_id=102

Sean is going in here with the factory's to see what the problem is.

Gerard

Hope I explained it well
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 12:10   #480
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Hi Jeff,
No, the connection is okay, the TMPS has his own unit, very small one, the videolead from the reverse camera goes in there and the video lead that comes out, so both signals, the tirepressure and reverse, goes into the unit in reverse input.

It's made this way so when the unit is off and I start the car, the TMPS sends a signal to the unit to wake it up, gives a screen with the tirepressure and degrees and after a few seconds it turns off. When I goes in reverse, the TMPS unit sends that signal to the unit, the unit wakes up and gives me the view from the rear camera.
At this situation a have a good screen.

The same when the unit is on, but than the TMPS doesn't have to wake the unit . . . because it is allready on.
At this situation I miss the bottom lines.

When you look here and scroll down you see a picture of the small TMPS unit with connections.
http://www.75andzt.com/index.php?rou...product_id=102

Sean is going in here with the factory's to see what the problem is.

Gerard

Hope I explained it well

Hi teddy I CC'ed you on the Email to Steelmate

Strange Issue .

has to be a way to adjust the resolution on the TPMS

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote