Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th October 2013, 19:59   #11
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

Really pleased for you, a bargain for what you paid. A friend of mine has had one for 6/7 years, fails every MOT on rear bushes (!) but little trouble apart from that, so he sees no reason to part with it.

One of the best looking estates ever, fabulous design.

How do you tell if its the direct injection engine?
lovema75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 20:16   #12
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovema75 View Post
Really pleased for you, a bargain for what you paid. A friend of mine has had one for 6/7 years, fails every MOT on rear bushes (!) but little trouble apart from that, so he sees no reason to part with it.

One of the best looking estates ever, fabulous design.

How do you tell if its the direct injection engine?
On side badges marked 2.0 IDE not 2.0 16v also engine cover says the same (others don't fit so no getting fooled).. Other than that exactly the same as others.

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 10:44   #13
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

Right, everything works fine, except the wipers. My daughter have a clio, and everything works fine, except the wipers. Sometimes they come on without touching the switch and you cannot set them off. Sometimes when you need them they won't do anything. Car has been several times in the garage, they changed the switch, the wipers motor, they placed a new control unit 2 times, everytime the car was running for 2 or 3 weeks fine, then the problem starts again. The renault garage was desperate, saying we really don't know, even other garages didn't know the answer. You will not believe, the answer was . . . the light switch on the steering wheel.
after placing a new switch, problem solved. Strange things, France cars.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 11:09   #14
whitevanman
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Right, everything works fine, except the wipers. My daughter have a clio, and everything works fine, except the wipers. Sometimes they come on without touching the switch and you cannot set them off. Sometimes when you need them they won't do anything. Car has been several times in the garage, they changed the switch, the wipers motor, they placed a new control unit 2 times, everytime the car was running for 2 or 3 weeks fine, then the problem starts again. The renault garage was desperate, saying we really don't know, even other garages didn't know the answer. You will not believe, the answer was . . . the light switch on the steering wheel.
after placing a new switch, problem solved. Strange things, France cars.
The Laguna II has a well known issue of rain water getting into the BCU (or UCH in French ) and a fusebox/UCH which is positioned in a spot to perfectly catch drips of water etc..if sunroof drains are not kept clear and wait for it PLENUM DRAINS!! Our particular 30amp fuse blows as soon as inserted, without keys being anywhere near the ignition.. I'm going to try a fusebox (not coded) first as it'll be £15-£20 as that seemed to have most water damage..

Wish me luck!

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
Old 8th October 2013, 15:31   #15
whitevanman
This is my second home

Well the nice UPS man has just dropped it back and it is the same one and at first glance with the covers off it's not been touched..

Oh well..Least I didn't pay for it not to be done so they have some scruples...

Old 10th October 2013, 16:12   #16
whitevanman
This is my second home

Whoo Hoooooo...

Just in case you hadn't guessed, I picked up a fusebox from a nice breakers in Tilbury this morning, He didn't have one for my specific model but let me rummage through 20 or so units and low and behold a match.

Home for a quick check over and cleanup, fitted and everything works as it should, picked up a couple of replacement trim parts while I was at it all for the princely sum of £25..

Now I know the hard part is done and the car wasn't destined to be bunged back on Ebay i'll do the other bits, Straightforward stuff, rear subframe bushes, a couple of window cables and a service then off for an mot, priced up above parts already total should be about £90 if I need all cables, so well happy atm..

Time for some

Old 10th October 2013, 16:45   #17
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

Great news, turning out a real bargain!
lovema75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 16:50   #18
whitevanman
This is my second home

As an aside I was perusing threads on the Renault forum and some bright spark has posted this

'Getting frustrated at reading threads that just stop . Wondering if the thread posters commit suicide'.

TBH you could put that on 50% or more of the threads on there!

Old 10th October 2013, 16:58   #19
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitevanman View Post
As an aside I was perusing threads on the Renault forum and some bright spark has posted this

'Getting frustrated at reading threads that just stop . Wondering if the thread posters commit suicide'.

TBH you could put that on 50% or more of the threads on there!
Unfortunately the way of the world Steve .
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 17:07   #20
whitevanman
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
Unfortunately the way of the world Steve .
Except here I'm wondering whether the 'classical shape' looking back to the past attracts the sort of person who also looks back to a more pleasant time when manners wouldn't allow that sort of thing