Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th July 2012, 11:15   #1
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

Default doubt if they've even been sent 2

Hi, I know the thread is closed but I like to share my buy from a former trader, just because it is not always so simple to contact.
I ordered a part and including postage I payed 40 on May 16. I asked June 7 when I can run to the door for the postman. He replayed the he have not my address, also I am sure that I wrote it by PM. Also that he asked several times for my address. But I have never received such a question. So I give him my address again on June 8. June 28 I asked him again where my part is. He replayed July 7 that he send it a long while ago. July 12 I asked him, did he get a recu so we can follow the post traject where the packet is now. Nothing heard from him sinds then. Everything is going by e-mail and I keep all the postings. Now I still waiting for my part but I am affraid that it never comes.
Gerard
Old 17th July 2012, 11:29   #2
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

Hi Gerard,

I think you need to be just a little bit clearer here.

By your use of the previously closed thread as a title members may assume you are referring to the same trader.

However you then say "former trader" so that would be someone different then?

Perhaps you could confirm who you were trading with?

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.
Old 17th July 2012, 11:42   #3
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

that is bad service and they should keep you informed about any problems.
but as a trader can i say none of us are perfect some times we all miss emails and pm . we read them then the phone rings or someone comes in the office and you think you have answered it or written down the order. and we can not be held responsible for the dreaded postman we post things in good will thinking it will be with you in 3 days and it all goes wrong. i know that all the traders on this site are trust worthy and all it takes is a email or pm or a phone call and it can be sorted out quickly . t is hard to keep track off all orders and emails but we do all try our hardest
Old 17th July 2012, 13:30   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Hi, I know the thread is closed but I like to share my buy from a former trader, just because it is not always so simple to contact.
I ordered a part and including postage I payed 40 on May 16. I asked June 7 when I can run to the door for the postman. He replayed the he have not my address, also I am sure that I wrote it by PM. Also that he asked several times for my address. But I have never received such a question. So I give him my address again on June 8. June 28 I asked him again where my part is. He replayed July 7 that he send it a long while ago. July 12 I asked him, did he get a recu so we can follow the post traject where the packet is now. Nothing heard from him sinds then. Everything is going by e-mail and I keep all the postings. Now I still waiting for my part but I am affraid that it never comes.
Gerard
Maybe you ought to name the trader and the part you ordered Gerard.

If you paid by Paypal or credit card raise a dispute with them.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
Old 17th July 2012, 14:18   #5
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

Derek, no, it is not the same trader, I do not want to tell his name because maybe it is not his fault and I do not wont to give him a bad name. He is not operate any longer on this site so he can not defence himself. It is just that I am telling how things can go wrong.
Seancar, it is just as you are saying, sometimes we are missing mails, but I have been at least 8 times in contact with him, anymore will not help, I'm affraid.
Maybe he is ill, or there are familymathers, or different things, I don't know, and maybe he contacts me within a couple of weeks . . . . still hoping.
Harry, read above , that's why I'm not telling his name. The parts are chrome booth lith, the one with ROVER written on it and without the badge, for a 2000 yr car, and the license bulb holder, so the whole unit.
And yes, I payed by paypal but as you have noticed, English is not my best language so really don't know how to handle this. Well, sometimes you win and sometimes not.
Gerard
Old 17th July 2012, 14:28   #6
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

If the trader is now on another site perhaps we have a member on here who is also a member on that other site and could pass on a message on for you?

Old 17th July 2012, 14:48   #7
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Derek, no, it is not the same trader, I do not want to tell his name because maybe it is not his fault and I do not wont to give him a bad name. He is not operate any longer on this site so he can not defence himself. It is just that I am telling how things can go wrong.
Seancar, it is just as you are saying, sometimes we are missing mails, but I have been at least 8 times in contact with him, anymore will not help, I'm affraid.
Maybe he is ill, or there are familymathers, or different things, I don't know, and maybe he contacts me within a couple of weeks . . . . still hoping.
Harry, read above , that's why I'm not telling his name. The parts are chrome booth lith, the one with ROVER written on it and without the badge, for a 2000 yr car, and the license bulb holder, so the whole unit.
And yes, I payed by paypal but as you have noticed, English is not my best language so really don't know how to handle this. Well, sometimes you win and sometimes not.
Gerard
gerard was not saying you are wrong at all but last time lewis went though it and sometimes as traders we do make mistakes things do get lost and sometimes some things do go wrong though nobodys fault. this was the main reason i pulled off ebay .
some times us traders do get the blame for things that are out of our control.
Old 17th July 2012, 15:26   #8
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Teddy..

If you send (PM) me the details of what you ordered and from whom, I will try to find out what's going on, and sort it out for you..
Old 17th July 2012, 18:36   #9
cargocar
Gets stuck in

rover 75 tourer auto 2001

The OP needs to check with Paypal straight away, as there is only a certain amount of time for a claim (ebay is 45 days).
Old 17th July 2012, 19:14   #10
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

If you have a genuine complaint, then complain. If not, don't!
There is no reason to pussyfoot around. Get it out and get it sorted!

If there is a mistake it will be rectified, if not, others have been warned.

If you bring it out in the open, you must follow through!
Closed Thread