Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th November 2021, 20:13   #11
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Hi Maninder

For reference my DAB car radio is incorporated into an Xtrons (Chinese) DD and the car battery is a 77Ah Exide Premium - 18 months old.

As previously mentioned I'd also be interested to know what drain watching TV on the DD has on the battery without the engine running.

So, I can safely park up for 1-2 hours using either mode (DAB/TV) without fear of battery failure?

1-2 hours should be perfectly fine Mick provided the car gets good runs of say 10+ miles to keep the battery charged up.The average current draw will not be more than a few few amps.

Last edited by MSS; 27th November 2021 at 20:16..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 22:09   #12
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Even if your battery is in perfect condition it would still pay you to put it on charge once a month if using all those items you quote with the engine off.---:

Remember, 10 hours on a charger puts in about the same amount of electricity into your battery as a ten hour drive.------Chargers are CHEAP. Petrol and diesel are dear-----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 14:41   #13
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

I have just had another look through the Xtrons DD manual and had missed THIS first time round. Quote.....

To avoid battery exhaustion.

Be sure to run the vehicle engine while using this product.Using this product without running the engine can drain the battery.

No figures are given for current draw of the unit.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 21:30   #14
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
I have just had another look through the Xtrons DD manual and had missed THIS first time round. Quote.....

To avoid battery exhaustion.

Be sure to run the vehicle engine while using this product.Using this product without running the engine can drain the battery.

No figures are given for current draw of the unit.

Have you noticed that our car radios turn themselves of after, maybe, half an hour??---( when parked with the radio on. )

The manufacturers obviously had thoughts about battery drain so programed in this safety measure.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote