Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th November 2009, 10:11   #11
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by someboy0 View Post
Thank you for your responce, I will take a look at other threads about SSP like you suggested right now but assuming that the fluid is recycled in the master cylinder wouldn't the break fluid level remain stable after some time? I mean when we stopped at a petrol station after my dad noticed that something seems to be wrong and the car isn't breaking as well as it should've he bought the break fluid topped up it to max in the reservior, he than pressed the break pedal a few times with the engine runnig but the car being stationary and the fluid level dropped and as far as I've seen the master cylinder is reasonably small so I imagine that much of that fluid can't be recycled in there, anyway I'll have a look at other threads now regarding the SSP and see what people say.

Just one question though, last time the car went for diagnostics (engine work was done) the mechanic told us that the break pads will need to be replaced in the front, the car is fitted with sensors which allert you when the pads need to be replaced, is it likely that the sensoers are broken and the break pads should be replaced some time ago and the lower breaking performance would be than related to worn break pads? I hope you don't mind me asking all these questions but my dad is getting slowly fed up with paying for the car and since we bought the car in about february this year there was engine work for about 1700 than clutch and dual mass flywheel replacement for about 1200 and now this so I guess you can kind of imagine

Big thanks for your help.
you are correct that smoke would be seen in the exhaust gases if the servo unit had a leak.
if as you say, there is no sign of a leak, take the undershield off the engine, and see if there is any sign of leakage on the tray or the engine compartment.
Old 4th November 2009, 10:13   #12
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Brake master cylinders and servos are not a known weakness in these cars. I'd suspect a pipe replacement as deemed necessary will proably cure the problem. Dont fit the OEM pipes. Best get the garage to make them up themselves using Kunifer metal. It's a relatively routine job and some people re-route the front-to-rear pipes so they don't go over the fuel tank.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 11:34   #13
someboy0
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6

Question

Ok I will take the engine cover off later on and take a look but in the meantime, could anybody tell me what these rubber pipes are for ? cause as far as I remember (from what I've seen some time ago when my dad was checking spark plugs) the thing where the 3 join together the part that I circled around is messed up a bit, the little white-ish plastick joining them.

David

[EDIT]
I know the picture is not from Rover 75 but the V6 has the same pipes under the cover.

Last edited by someboy0; 4th November 2009 at 11:37..
someboy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 16:12   #14
someboy0
Loves to post

Smile

The car is going to the garage tomorrow to get checked so I should know what's wrong in the comming days, if anybody could tell me what these rubber pipes in the above picture are for I would appreciate it, thanks

David
Old 4th November 2009, 18:22   #15
Departed
Retired

--

The pipe with the tee piece (that's an 800 isn't it?) is the breather. Often gets broken, and you get petrol smells in the cabin.

Replacement parts are available from xpart.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 18:24   #16
someboy0
Loves to post

Thumbs up

Yes, I think it's an 800 - thanks for your reply
Old 4th November 2009, 18:48   #17
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

The 75 V6 has two breather hose sets running to the left and to the right sides of the engine. The T-shaped breather coming across from the rear side to the front cam cover has Part Number: LLH102660

The second is in two sections, available as Part Numbers LLA102980A and LLH102820

You'll get more details/prices by entering these into Rimmer's Search engine.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 19:01   #18
someboy0
Loves to post

Thumbs up

Thanks T-Cut
Old 9th November 2009, 18:05   #19
someboy0
Loves to post

Exclamation

Phone call today from the garage, the reason why the break fluid leaked was because of coroded pipes at the back of the car as far as I remember the guy saying, also a "few" things need doing for the MOT, that will be the most expensive MOT I've ever heared about so far ... estimated value today 1 300 of my pounds ... but they will replace quite a few parts though so they should last for a few years I hope ...
Old 1st April 2010, 08:45   #20
tcox1975
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Petrol 2 ltr

is that 1300 pounds or 300 pounds with a typo!!!
tcox1975 is offline   Reply With Quote