Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th December 2018, 04:36   #1
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Default OneSelect Gone Bust

Anyone else affected by the OneSelect utility company going bust? I am with it for both gas and electricity and only just found out about its demise a short while ago after checking my email account. Ofgem has arranged for Scottish firm Together Energy to take over and it has advised customers to stay put until the process is completed. Apparently I will now be put on what is called a Deemed Tariff which is usually more expensive but some companies do honour existing contracts so I might be lucky.

The Dutch regulator acted against OneSelect's sister company in October after it went bust in the Netherlands which leaves me wondering if Ofgem could not have acted sooner. OneSelect is about the ninth utility company to go down in the UK in this year alone.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2018, 07:08   #2
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Well that explains why they haven't sent my final bill after I switched suppliers last month and havent refunded my overpayments!!

Off to look at offgen to see what happens next 🤯

Thanks for the heads up

Scott

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2018, 10:13   #3
3disco
3disco

ROVER 75 CONN TOURER CDTI and ZTT V8 SE LPG

Yes had an email on Friday have to wait and see how it pans out.
3disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2018, 13:58   #4
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I was over £400 in credit with Oneselect when I last checked which I think was just a few weeks ago in November. I recall ringing them because of difficulty submitting online readings at the time but having just logged in to my account with them there is scarce financial info now on display. Only my regular monthly bank payments are now on display which is rather worrying as Ofgem has posted that all account credits are safe and will be repaid. But how will we know if the correct amount is repaid to us if the running balance and usage info is not now visible.

Worrying times at the worst part of the year for many if not most of us.
Old 18th December 2018, 15:18   #5
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
I was over £400 in credit with Oneselect when I last checked which I think was just a few weeks ago in November. I recall ringing them because of difficulty submitting online readings at the time but having just logged in to my account with them there is scarce financial info now on display. Only my regular monthly bank payments are now on display which is rather worrying as Ofgem has posted that all account credits are safe and will be repaid. But how will we know if the correct amount is repaid to us if the running balance and usage info is not now visible.

Worrying times at the worst part of the year for many if not most of us.
Can you see your previous bill? I can so downloaded it pdq as a record and screen shotted my payments too , although I can get them from bank statements.

I reckon it's £200 ish they owe me 😫

Old 18th December 2018, 15:28   #6
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerman View Post
Can you see your previous bill? I can so downloaded it pdq as a record and screen shotted my payments too , although I can get them from bank statements.

I reckon it's £200 ish they owe me 😫

Also download the bills for the three months leading up to Christmas last year as an indicator of the likely usage since your last bill.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2018, 16:24   #7
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

My bills area now just states "No data available in table" so there is nothing showing for me to download. Clicking "next" or "previous" does nothing and that option appears to have been disabled. The attachment below is a snip of the only financial info available to me atm and as said the monthly payments merely replicate what will be showing on my bank statements:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OneSelect Bills & Payments.JPG (101.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 14th February 2019, 15:07   #8
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Well, I gave up on Together Energy (TE) and switched to SO Energy - the switch completed a few days ago. It very quickly became apparent that all was not well with TE because in little over two months with them my many attempts to initiate contact with them pretty much amounted to nothing. I never encountered a working phone service and its email service was more or less the same bar one miserly response with ye olde plea of ignorance to try to fob me off and send me back around the circle again on a course of repetition.

What on earth possessed OFGEM to entrust TE with more customers when a quick google suggests that TE was already struggling with what it had is a mystery. I needed to draw a line under the uncertainty, the Deemed Tariff which OFGEM dumped me on with TE was not good and that with no comms and hundreds of pounds worth of credit having disappeared from my account I felt that something had to be done. Yes, I still have the missing hundreds to sort out but hopefully I'm now in a better place with SO Energy with whom contact with has so far been a breeze.

Some people have apparently been pushed by OFGEM from pillar to post over the last year or so by being shunted from one failed utility company to another which failed shortly afterwards. As such some have a number of historical utility accounts that have yet to be sorted as opposed to me with maybe only one or possibly two - I won't know for definite until TE can get around to providing a properly working customer service.
Old 7th May 2019, 16:59   #9
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs down

Well, to those who were caught up in this OFGEM-stinking fiasco what are your thoughts on how it has panned out for you?

I was with Together Energy for 59 days during which time my meter readings increased by 154 gas and 135 electricity. I entered those figures into an online energy usage calculator using Together Energy's Deemed Tariff that I was put on as were all former OneSelect customers at the time and it calculated the bill to be £113.46 - and that is the total inclusive of standing charges and vat. I accept that there can be a little difference here or there between utility companies depending on things like calorific values and the small number of days where usage might be estimated when final readings are called for and allowed to be submitted a few days in advance of a switch-over date to a new supplier. But I think that figure of £113.46 is going to be there or there about within a few pounds and not tens out and certainly not hundreds.

Good news is that Together Energy eventually confirmed my credit balance as £488.13 after settling my Oneselect account. Good news indeed as that as I expected would result in Together Energy returning ~ £374.67 to its rightful owner ... which is me.

Bad news is that Together Energy has dictated that it has trousered my credit balance and is asking for an additional £189.05. So, contrary to what it and OFGEM led people to expect Together Energy is trying to charge £667.18 for 59 days and for the usage I've given.

I was literally shocked when I googled for similar cases and found Trustpilot to be awash with reviews about Together Energy trying by hook or by crook to retain credit balances of former customers and those of the now defunct Oneselect in particular. How can this be when the outfit operating as OFGEM guaranteed that all credit balances would be protected when Oneselect went bust and OFGEM gave its unsuspecting customers to Together Energy in the days before Christmas of last year 2018.
Old 7th May 2019, 18:01   #10
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Their b##ldy w#kers trying to get my credit back as i left oneselect 6 days before they went bump .

Numerous phone calls and fob offs promise it will be refunded in 7 working days no sign next phone call they sent me an email with the final bill luckily it was about what i calculated it at and a request for my bank details supposedly refunding me in30 days so we will see what happens Friday is the 30th day .

Not holding my breath though