Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th July 2020, 08:01   #21
Gijzzy

Mini

DTC0008A is the one I need for my 1.3 SPI Mini (or 0008B?)
DTC0060A to make my set complete, as I already have red,green, blue and grey, and needed for alarm MPI Mini's.
A little search for DTC0019A gives me it is for the 3pin 5as alarm system. Fun to have but not necessarily.

I am not near my T4 set but according to this site:
https://www.crypton.co.za/Omitec/lan...e_readers.html

It is described as OmiPro professional. It is the "big" flat box, NOT the Mobile version.
Gijzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2020, 11:46   #22
Gijzzy

Mini

YES! I am able to communicate with the car since I adjusted the IP settings! Now waiting for the Rover software to install it on the dual boot system. Thank you guys so far!
Old 8th July 2020, 18:42   #23
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gijzzy View Post
YES! I am able to communicate with the car since I adjusted the IP settings! Now waiting for the Rover software to install it on the dual boot system. Thank you guys so far!
I posted something to Holland today

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2020, 16:51   #24
Gijzzy

Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I posted something to Holland today

Brian
Received the cd today, Thank you so much! Will do some burning and installation coming week.
Old 10th July 2020, 19:19   #25
Gijzzy

Mini

Couldn't resist, and started the installation.
- RDS 5.06.06, no problem
- OMITEC CAPS, no problem
- DST0001U, doens't start up

I can see the LangMap Upgrade 1.0 Icon in the T4 menu, but when I press it noting happens.

And no clue how to run "RDS tune upgrade 1", but maybe the LangMap has to be installed correctly first.
- CD Drive is: Z drive
- Have checked CD has correct name: "DST0001U"
- There are files on the CD (haven't burned a .iso file to the CD)

Any ideas?

Edit:
Maybe I need "DST0001A" first before it will be able to accept "DST0001U"?
I tried DXT0002W, LangMap 2.0 but response the same as 1.0.

Edit2:
Maybe because of the dual boot system and Land Rover T4 is running on C: and Rover on E: ?

Edit3:
after CD installation OMITEC Caps installation, do I have to run the program "CAPS" on my desktop?
Because when I try it gives me an error (Error: (76) Path not found).

Last edited by Gijzzy; 10th July 2020 at 21:22..
Old 10th July 2020, 21:30   #26
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Smile

Quote:
Couldn't resist, and started the installation.
- RDS 5.06.06, no problem
- OMITEC CAPS, no problem
- DST0001U, doens't start up

I can see the LangMap Upgrade 1.0 Icon in the T4 menu, but when I press it noting happens.

And no clue how to run "RDS tune upgrade 1", but maybe the LangMap has to be installed correctly first.
- CD Drive is: Z drive
- Have checked CD has correct name: "DST0001U"
- There are files on the CD (haven't burned a .iso file to the CD)

Any ideas?

Edit:
Maybe I need "DST0001A" first before it will be able to accept "DST0001U"?
I tried DXT0002W, LangMap 2.0 but response the same as 1.0.

Edit2:
Maybe because of the dual boot system and Land Rover T4 is running on C: and Rover on E: ?
Delighted to see I'm not the only one having difficulty installing this software. I've got a thread running here: https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=305414
RDS, and CAPS load without problem, but the language upgrades don't, and when I try and run DST0006V it says something about "there are no vehicles for the selected language".

I just put it down to ignorance as I don't know Windows (Mac user), but you seem to know what you're doing - by the way the instructions do say to run first 0001A and then 0002X (or is that U). I don't understand the bit about run RDS tune upgrade 1 either, I've even tried to run the main RDS again but then end up having to reinstall everything.

Good luck (luckily help is at hand)
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2020, 11:27   #27
Gijzzy

Mini

Ok one step further and new successes, but new questions.
Did a clean install of XP on the Rover partition on the hard drive but after installing 5.06 the OMITEC CAPS didn't want to install so did a clean install of the complete harddrive deleting the working LR software (no problems there because I already wanted installing 7.06).

Question 1:
After the XP installation, it took 5.06, CAPS, DST0001A and DXT0002W. But is it correct that running LANGMAP update 1.0 and 2.0 it seems that the computer only do a restart and there is no installation screen or what so ever? Only 5 seconds countdown and then a restart?

Question 2:
I am now able to run disc DST0006V, does that mean LANGMAP update 1 and 2 have been successful?

Question 3:
I am not be able to run DRE0008 or DSTD006V. It gives me the same fault as vitesse describes
Quote:
"there are no vehicles for the selected language"
The thing that strikes me, is that the working CD is direct taken from a .iso file and these two discs were copyed from folders on the DVD to a new CD.
1. Could that have something to do with it?
2. Is this what you get if LANGMAP hasn't installed correctly?

Sorry for spamming you guys with questions, but you are appreciated!
Old 12th July 2020, 15:28   #28
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Ok one step further and new successes, but new questions.
Did a clean install of XP on the Rover partition on the hard drive but after installing 5.06 the OMITEC CAPS didn't want to install so did a clean install of the complete harddrive deleting the working LR software (no problems there because I already wanted installing 7.06).

Question 1:
After the XP installation, it took 5.06, CAPS, DST0001A and DXT0002W. But is it correct that running LANGMAP update 1.0 and 2.0 it seems that the computer only do a restart and there is no installation screen or what so ever? Only 5 seconds countdown and then a restart?

Question 2:
I am now able to run disc DST0006V, does that mean LANGMAP update 1 and 2 have been successful?

Question 3:
I am not be able to run DRE0008 or DSTD006V. It gives me the same fault as vitesse describes The thing that strikes me, is that the working CD is direct taken from a .iso file and these two discs were copyed from folders on the DVD to a new CD.
1. Could that have something to do with it?
2. Is this what you get if LANGMAP hasn't installed correctly?

Sorry for spamming you guys with questions, but you are appreciated!
Sorry to tell you the very bad news but MarinaBrian has left the forum. If you are very lucky Phil-T4 might pop in and answer, or even BigRuss but I haven't seen him post for quite a while.
I get the same with Langmap 1 & 2. click on them and nothing really happens and the machine re-starts. Actually it's much the same with CAPS, if you run it within the T4 menu nothing much happens, but you do get an icon shortcut on your laptop, however if you run CAPS from the desktop there is a lot of information on the disc including Acrobat.
Lucky you getting DST0006V to work, mine usually doesn't, but its name does appear in the top left corner of the screen and I can read release notes from the disc.
My T4 is now parked in a corner while I get on with something more understandable - replacing V6 cambelts.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2020, 15:36   #29
Yorkshire GOC

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

PM Big Russ - he is still around and always a helpful gent.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2020, 20:19   #30
Gijzzy

Mini

Quote:
Sorry to tell you the very bad news but MarinaBrian has left the forum
How do you know? I think he has got several things to do and he is not able to respond to every post in this topic and let me figure it out myself, and for so far it works out. Haha. I am positive and I think he will answer, and otherwise thanks for there names, I will contact them (later).

Quote:
Actually it's much the same with CAPS
My experience is that you have to run caps twice! The first time windows will restart normally and gives you back the desktop, then start T4 and run it again, then it will do an installation which takes some time and give you a progress indicator bar.

Trying running it the 2nd time took some time. I tried:
-putting disc in Z drive, start computer, start T4, start installation (no success)
-starting computer, disc in drive, start T4, start installation (no success)
- starting computer, start T4, disc in drive, start installation, success!!
Not sure if it is procedure or coincidence but it worked.
Tried the same for Langmap, but no success, but not sure if it has to do more than it did.