Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th June 2020, 12:07   #11
JOHNDQ
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean & Green View Post
Managed to find out for certain mine is over boosting, so not an ignition issue.

Plug wiring on my MAP sensor looks badly damaged. Going to swap the plug harness out and take it from there.
I not looked at mine to be honest yet but it's got the K Maps tune on it so not exactly sure what the maximum boost pressure should be
JOHNDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2020, 15:15   #12
Mean & Green
Regular poster

MG ZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
I remember you from the detailing world forum. Your ZR is lovely. Great you still have it.
What was the issue with the turbo then?
Thanks for the compliment on the ZR, yep still got it. Can’t part with it after this length of time. If you see my last post above yours it explains the current status with my turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
I not looked at mine to be honest yet but it's got the K Maps tune on it so not exactly sure what the maximum boost pressure should be
I wouldn’t know what the boost is supposed to be, to be honest. It was MarinaBrain who plugged his computer in and did a full diagnostics and viewed the cars data. He knows more a lot more than me on this subject, top bloke.
Mean & Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2020, 15:08   #13
JOHNDQ
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Sorted mine swapped the 400 mile old denso plugs for a set of NGK iridium's. That's the 2nd set of Denso's I've had this problem with now other was on my ZS, again problem starting after a few hundred miles
Old 20th June 2020, 18:15   #14
Mean & Green
Regular poster

MG ZR

Quote:
Sorted mine swapped the 400 mile old denso plugs for a set of NGK iridium's. That's the 2nd set of Denso's I've had this problem with now other was on my ZS, again problem starting after a few hundred miles
I wish mine was as simple. Got myself a replacement wiring harness, just need to get some heat shrink from work so I can replace this...

That can’t be doing it any favours. Hopefully when I’ve soldered the replacement in the issue will be resolved, but knowing my luck it probably won’t be as simple as that.
Old 21st June 2020, 08:41   #15
JOHNDQ
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Quote:
I wish mine was as simple. Got myself a replacement wiring harness, just need to get some heat shrink from work so I can replace this...

That can’t be doing it any favours. Hopefully when I’ve soldered the replacement in the issue will be resolved, but knowing my luck it probably won’t be as simple as that.
Hate tho Delphi connectors the terminals pull backwards into the plug rather than slide into amount of times I've crimped on the terminals when replacing the multi plug and realised I haven't put the plug on wires first
Old 22nd June 2020, 08:19   #16
Mean & Green
Regular poster

MG ZR

Quote:
Hate tho Delphi connectors the terminals pull backwards into the plug rather than slide into amount of times I've crimped on the terminals when replacing the multi plug and realised I haven't put the plug on wires first
I’m just going to cut off the old plug and solder sleeve the replacement in line with the existing harness. Then heat shrink it up for neatness. I don’t have access to the correct crimp tool for these pins.
Old 28th June 2020, 09:56   #17
Mean & Green
Regular poster

MG ZR

MAP sensor wiring replaced and it’s made absolutely no difference at all.

Car still judders on full throttle.

So far that’s new plugs at 0.6mm, new boost solenoid, damaged MAP plug wiring replaced.

I can only assume it must be a wastegate issue. The thing is I can hear it dumping at low revs, so don’t really understand how it’s over boosting.

I’ll investigate the wastegate actuator next as apparently they can seize, anyone got any photos of the actual actuator? Haynes isn’t any use whatsoever.
Old 28th June 2020, 13:53   #18
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
MAP sensor wiring replaced and it’s made absolutely no difference at all.

Car still judders on full throttle.

So far that’s new plugs at 0.6mm, new boost solenoid, damaged MAP plug wiring replaced.

I can only assume it must be a wastegate issue. The thing is I can hear it dumping at low revs, so don’t really understand how it’s over boosting.

I’ll investigate the wastegate actuator next as apparently they can seize, anyone got any photos of the actual actuator? Haynes isn’t any use whatsoever.
https://itstillruns.com/signs-symptoms-faulty-wastegate-8611638.html

---Haynes.--4C.9---Pic, 17.12

Last edited by COLVERT; 28th June 2020 at 14:01..
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2020, 15:35   #19
Mean & Green
Regular poster

MG ZR

I’ve managed to use a bicycle pump on the boost solenoid actuator using the cars existing tubing. It appears to be moving freely, so it mustn’t be a fault with that.

I can’t understand what’s causing this overboost issue. I’m becoming quite frustrated with it now.
Old 28th June 2020, 17:12   #20
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
I’ve managed to use a bicycle pump on the boost solenoid actuator using the cars existing tubing. It appears to be moving freely, so it mustn’t be a fault with that.

I can’t understand what’s causing this overboost issue. I’m becoming quite frustrated with it now.
I believe under certain circumstances it can possibly BOUNCE . ( And cause hesitation. )
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote