Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th December 2018, 21:04   #1
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts
Default My MG ZS thread

Thought I’d post here seeing as we now own a SAIC MG ZS. We decided on a new ZS to replace the MINI Paceman that we had been having issues with since new. The ZS was chosen as my daughter absolutely loves the look of them and Likes to be different, it also fitted in well with the rest of the fleet and fitted our needs from a space point of view. We ordered a new ZS from out not so local 3 hours away dealer and waited for delivery. The car didn’t arrive when expected and we were told that it could possibly be early next year. We had allready waited 3 months and didn’t really want to wait longer. We had ordered an auto and it seems that most people had been ordering the auto over the manual which caused a shortage in cars available. Luckily after speaking to Ian at the sales centre at Longbridge he offered us one of three colour choices in the exclusive spec we wanted that he had just had delivered. We cancelled or previous order with the first dealership and Holly chose the white option and we arranged to collect it the following week. Ian was fantastic and really couldn’t of dealt with us any better and the whole process was extremely good. We arrived at Longbridge after a 5 hour drive and I was absolutely buzzing, I do like visiting Longbridge. After sorting the paperwork Ian gave us a tour and showed us the museum and a few other interesting parts of the site that I hadn’t seen in the past. The day ended with the obligatory photo shoot on the plinth by which point Holly had decided that no other car collection/handover could possibly top this one and kind of got the Longbridge vibe. We’ve covered just over 2000 miles and absolutely love everything about it. I’ve not had chance to take some proper photos so I will sort some phone photos for now...

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 8th December 2018 at 21:16..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2018, 22:43   #2
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Good to read Mark.
Miriam has ordered a 1.5 manual exclusive this morning.
We test drove both nut overall preferred the manual box. - each to their own

Have to say I thought it was a very well put together car. I really liked the driving position
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2018, 10:50   #3
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

We really can’t fauly it, last week I took it for a drive for no reason at all, I had nowhere to go just wanted to drive it. I think the last time I did that was with the old TF.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 11th December 2018, 13:38   #4
Stephen Fussell
Regional Secretary

2015 Mini Challenge 210 & 2005 Rover 75 Classic CDTi

I've had one now for a year, just had it's first service. I'm very pleased with it. Plenty of room inside and the boot is very good indeed. I have a 1.5 Manual, which performs perfectly well in the type use I give it.
Stephen Fussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2018, 20:21   #5
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Museum? What museum? Am I missing out on something I’ve passed a dozen times this year?
Good luck with the ZS. It’s my personal favourite of the current range.
Old 17th December 2018, 22:15   #6
sworks
Been absent for a while…

It’s not a museum as such, Lord Austin’s office which is untouched and as he left it and a few nice examples of cars. Not usually open to the public but we did travel a long way

Old 22nd December 2018, 08:58   #7
victorgte

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Is SAIC missing a trick here? A piece of motoring history not open to the public and not making a few quid for them?
Old 10th May 2019, 08:39   #8
victorgte

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Paid a visit to T L Darby an MG dealership in Burton on Trent yesterday. Met Tim Spencer Leach who is also a member on here.
Took my brother in law Mike to try the ZS with a view to buying one. After a bit of chat and a test drive when we both tried out the car, Mike ordered one in red.
He’s chuffed with the space, drive and value. It’s got to be one of the best mid size SUV’s on the market for the price. I’ve always liked them but now I’ve driven one. It’s not a speed machine but then if you want pace go buy an Audi S4! You’ll pay for that privilege though.
Mike lives about 4 doors away from me so I’m sure I will get first hand updates on the car.
Delivery in about 2 weeks.
Old 10th May 2019, 19:41   #9
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Ours is brilliant. Good fun to drive and very comfortable
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2019, 15:48   #10
sworks
Been absent for a while…

After struggling to get any dealer to look at some warranty issues we’ve been new car shopping today.