Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd August 2015, 08:55   #1
werdna232002
Avid contributor

ZTT 2.0 cdti 135

Default rocker cover removal

Hello everyone!

I managed to snap one of the 8 10mm bolts on the upper part of the inlet manifold. Unfortunately, these bolts got retainers that will keep them attached to the manifold and also the other half of the broken bolt must have been stuck on the rocker cover. So i guess I have to remove the rocker cover as well. Is it easy enough to remove the rocker cover?
werdna232002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 09:56   #2
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by werdna232002 View Post
Hello everyone!

I managed to snap one of the 8 10mm bolts on the upper part of the inlet manifold. Unfortunately, these bolts got retainers that will keep them attached to the manifold and also the other half of the broken bolt must have been stuck on the rocker cover. So i guess I have to remove the rocker cover as well. Is it easy enough to remove the rocker cover?
Hi Werdna.
Do you mean that you have broken one of the top bolts which bolt into the brass collets here in the pic below if so and you can get some mole grips onto it then it should come out the other end on the manifold is captive and should also remove quite easy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC14744.jpg (136.1 KB, 38 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 19:53   #3
werdna232002
Avid contributor

ZTT 2.0 cdti 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Werdna.
Do you mean that you have broken one of the top bolts which bolt into the brass collets here in the pic below if so and you can get some mole grips onto it then it should come out the other end on the manifold is captive and should also remove quite easy.

thanks!

just one clarification, do you mean the brass collets does come off on the other side?.. i'll try that tomorrow morning. i have not really disconnected the manifold yet. so i do not know if the bolt snapped or the rocker plastic cover where the brass collets are attached was broken.

Last edited by werdna232002; 2nd August 2015 at 19:55..
Old 2nd August 2015, 20:40   #4
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
thanks!

just one clarification, do you mean the brass collets does come off on the other side?.. i'll try that tomorrow morning. i have not really disconnected the manifold yet. so i do not know if the bolt snapped or the rocker plastic cover where the brass collets are attached was broken.
What I am saying if the bolts as snapped into the brass fixing and you can still get hold of it with mole grips you maybe able to remove it.

On the manifold side I presume the bolt head is still in place if so remove captive ring and that to should remove easy good luck, can you upload a picture of your broken bolt

ad altiora tendo.

Old 3rd August 2015, 07:14   #5
werdna232002
Avid contributor

ZTT 2.0 cdti 135

I will remove the manifold later this afternoon. Worst case scenario, if i have to remove the rocker cover, do the injectors need to come out or i can leave them in place? Also, how can i depressurize the fuel rail.
Old 3rd August 2015, 22:33   #6
werdna232002
Avid contributor

ZTT 2.0 cdti 135

I managed to remove the broken bolt from the brass colett today using a mole grip. Also the bolt head from the inlet manifold i tapped the bolt sleeve using 8mm socket then the bolt and sleeve just came out from the other side.

Thanks for your advise!

I am driving a ztt automatic m47r with 48mpg on motorway driving and 28-32mpg pure city driving. I have blanked the egr, changed oil, changed all filters, used millers fuel additive, and done the air intake mod.

Now i am thinking of removing the injectors and send them for service. Is it worth doing? I dont experience any problem with the engine running at the moment. I am thinking of improving my mpg. Any advise guys?

Last edited by werdna232002; 3rd August 2015 at 22:35..
Old 4th August 2015, 08:11   #7
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
I managed to remove the broken bolt from the brass colett today using a mole grip. Also the bolt head from the inlet manifold i tapped the bolt sleeve using 8mm socket then the bolt and sleeve just came out from the other side.

Thanks for your advise!

I am driving a ztt automatic m47r with 48mpg on motorway driving and 28-32mpg pure city driving. I have blanked the egr, changed oil, changed all filters, used millers fuel additive, and
Quote:
done the air intake mod.
Quote:
Now i am thinking of removing the injectors and send them for service. Is it worth doing? I dont experience any problem with the engine running at the moment. I am thinking of improving my mpg. Any advise guys?
Personally I would reinstate the air intake, the modified one if it is the one were you have cut off the front will go on to damage your maf otherwise, as for the injectors why try and mend something that is not broken, from you MPG quote above you are doing well for the Auto, great to hear you got the manifold sorted

ad altiora tendo.