Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

View Poll Results: How did you hear about the 75 and ZT Club?
I got a club flyer on my car 15 0.83%
Internet search 1,445 79.75%
Linked from another website 169 9.33%
Word of mouth / recommendation 244 13.47%
Press Ganged 11 0.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th February 2020, 22:05   #701
lewlew100

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
25k miles ago.
Hope the clutch isn't due again then?!

We're doing another warranty job on Monday.
Clutch parts for these are rubbish.

Welcome along anyway
Thanks for being so cheerful!!! I certainly hope the clutch will be good for another 50k, but I am probably not. Thanks for the welcome. Best regards from on optimist. Geoff.
lewlew100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2020, 11:17   #702
Foxy4734

ZT-T

Default New member

Just got a silver CDTI diesel auto 136. 05 reg. 1 owner with 60,000 on the clock. £650.00.
I had a couple of problems with it. Ie air bag light and near side indicators flashing to fast. The site told me what to do to rectify the problems. That’s why I decided to become a member.
Foxy4734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2020, 14:04   #703
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy4734 View Post
Just got a silver CDTI diesel auto 136. 05 reg. 1 owner with 60,000 on the clock. £650.00.
I had a couple of problems with it. Ie air bag light and near side indicators flashing to fast. The site told me what to do to rectify the problems. That’s why I decided to become a member.
Welcome aboard the fountain of knowledge regarding our cars.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2020, 13:24   #704
Steamdrivenandy
Avid contributor

Thinking on

Default Need justification

For the last couple of years we've been running a Yeti and a Mk 7 Transit campervan. Come lockdown and we decided to drop down to one vehicle as the Tranny was showing its age and Mrs SDA had fallen out of love with it. The PCP contract on the Yeti was drawing to a close and we were made an offer we couldn't refuse on a Skoda Scala SEL 1.0 DSG with full glass rear hatch. A very underrated model IMO.

We've also downsized the house to a mews barn conversion but have upsized to a larger double garage. Mrs SDA suggested that I get a classic car to nurture, in place of the Transit and at first my mind went to sports cars, but then practicality came to the fore and the need, at times, to transport our bearded collie. So estates became a focus and after discounting a Morris Minor Traveller there was really no other estate that appealed than the 75.

I'm using this excellent forum to build my knowledge and keeping a watchful eye out for what might be a suitable vehicle. Having 'run away' from a 12 year old Transit that was starting to show a propensity to rust, I'm now thinking of buying an even older vehicle. Not much sense in that, but I hope Rover panels are less prone to bubble than Ford's Turkish steel.

As I mention elsewhere, one of our new neighbours runs an orange V8 Mustang of a couple of years old and I'd just love to see their faces if I could find a good V8 75 Tourer. I can dream and will probably settle for a more lowly model.
Steamdrivenandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2020, 22:56   #705
Janeflute

None at the moment

Default I was searching for cars online

I came across the club through an online search for Rover 75 cars on Sunday night. I almost bought an XF 2.7 diesel Jag on Sunday. But I had a think about what I really want - and it's the more genteel comfort and feeling of safety I am hoping to get from a Rover 75! A friend had one and loved it. I did own a 45 long ago, the head gasket went but I was very happy with it around town. I'm going to be driving to and from Liverpool from London for a while, lockdowns allowing, as I've just bought a house up there. Now I'm hoping to get a nice 75 diesel and enjoy my drives.
Janeflute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2020, 07:00   #706
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janeflute View Post
I came across the club through an online search for Rover 75 cars on Sunday night. I almost bought an XF 2.7 diesel Jag on Sunday. But I had a think about what I really want - and it's the more genteel comfort and feeling of safety I am hoping to get from a Rover 75! A friend had one and loved it. I did own a 45 long ago, the head gasket went but I was very happy with it around town. I'm going to be driving to and from Liverpool from London for a while, lockdowns allowing, as I've just bought a house up there. Now I'm hoping to get a nice 75 diesel and enjoy my drives.

Welcome to the fountain of knowledge concerning our cars. Plenty of information on here.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
Old 16th October 2020, 15:16   #707
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

I found this great forum after been linked to it from another Rover related forum and it was suggested i try here with my question.....

The first ever car i bought after passing my test 15 yrs ago now was a 400 with 1.6 K series that blew its head gasket within a couple of months, i suppose the incident of over taking a lorry in second and hitting the limit of the rev counter didnt help much. The things new drivers do lol but i blamed the car and vowed never to buy a #*&~% Rover again, but i did v recently and some days (most) i love it except for the days im on my back under it which seem to be growing...
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2020, 14:50   #708
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Welcome aboard our club.

onen hag oll
Old 27th October 2020, 12:46   #709
Colz1957

None at the moment

Thanks for allowing me onto your forum,
I have always been a fan of the cars ,i remember going into the Rover showroom in Wolverhampton and seeing them there, but well beyond my means at the time , i have owned a couple over the years a tourer and saloon both diesels, but neither were very loved examples,
I maybe be lured into buying another hence why i have joined the forum
Thanks Col.
Colz1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2020, 13:43   #710
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Welcome to the fountain of knowledge concerning our cars.

onen hag oll