Notices

Old 24th August 2019, 19:05   #148141
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Wes, we had a Westie that used to get that. The ticks from the grass used to make him chew tje base of his tail. Sometimes he used to get it on his elbows too, on his front paws. When I say get (it), I mean the areas used to get red raw through him biting them because of itching.
His groin area used to go black, and eventually ee had to get him referred to a vet dermatologist. He took blood and eventually diagnosed he was allergic to flea bites. We got cream to heal the red raw open wound at his tail, and some spray to kill the lice on his bed, which we chucked and replaced with new one. We had to spray any area that he used to lie , and some tablets to build up immunity to any future attacks. This was all over 20 years ago, cost about £350/400 back then, dread to think how much today. my mate has 2 rescue Westies, and they both have to have special shampoo and medication each summer, when the grass pollen is high.
Thanks Rich, Sounds very similar, but we cant find any fleas on her; seems to be some sort of allergy linked to the weather. Her eyes will puff up pink when we are out in the warm weather, and she cant stop licking her bits. She now wears a lampshade over the head now and again to help her stop, otherwise she licks until red raw.

It started with her licking her paws, then her bum, and now her other area; the poor thing doesn't know what to lick first. She has been on steroids and now antibiotics, plus cream and special shampoo, also antihistamine which all gets very expensive; but she is worth it.

Vet reckons he may want to take a biopsy in six weeks if it doesn't get better, she is alright in herself though; always alert and plenty of energy. She is not liking the lampshade though, and her itchy dry skin is driving her mad.

Last edited by Dallas; 24th August 2019 at 19:32..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2019, 19:59   #148142
Odd Job
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.0 cdti

Really sorry to hear that about your dog,

I have a Jack Russel crossed with a West Highland White, but he's more Jack than anything.
He has a constant itchy dry patch near his bits, we put a supplement on his food which smells like fish oil, I really cant remember what its called. He's been much better since we used it,

Not used it for a couple of months now.

I'll have a word with my wife and see if she can remember what it's called.
Worked a treat for our little mongrel
!

### MG STANDS FOR "MY GREMLIN" !!!
Odd Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2019, 20:14   #148143
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Job View Post
Really sorry to hear that about your dog,

I have a Jack Russel crossed with a West Highland White, but he's more Jack than anything.
He has a constant itchy dry patch near his bits, we put a supplement on his food which smells like fish oil, I really cant remember what its called. He's been much better since we used it,

Not used it for a couple of months now.

I'll have a word with my wife and see if she can remember what it's called.
Worked a treat for our little mongrel
!
Thanks Richard, would that be the Lintbells YuMEGA itchy dog stuff, yes we use that. Its worked really well all these years, but as she is getting older her dry skin seems to be getting worst.

The google searches all say skin allergies, little Yorkies suffer quite a bit apparently.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2019, 20:30   #148144
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Evening gents, hope you are all well..
Old 24th August 2019, 20:42   #148145
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Thanks Richard, would that be the Lintbells YuMEGA itchy dog stuff, yes we use that. Its worked really well all these years, but as she is getting older her dry skin seems to be getting worst.

The google searches all say skin allergies, little Yorkies suffer quite a bit apparently.
Our dog was back and foward to vet , he was given a/b and cream, it would work but then the problem returned. Thats when we were referred to the dermatologist.
Old 24th August 2019, 20:48   #148146
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Evening gents, hope you are all well..
Evening Andy, I have no complaints to speak of. I had another win last night on The lotto and sent our friend some spending money for his holiday to cheer him up, as he drives down to the South of France. Yesterday I visited my younger brother who has started on some more treatment for his cancer which has spread into his bones and despite this setback he looked very well. He was quite upbeat and positive thinking. He has 2 Fox Terriers who keep him active, delightful little dogs
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2019, 20:52   #148147
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Evening Andy, I have no complaints to speak of. I had another win last night on The lotto and sent our friend some spending money for his holiday to cheer him up, as he drives down to the South of France. Yesterday I visited my younger brother who has started on some more treatment for his cancer which has spread into his bones and despite this setback he looked very well. He was quite upbeat and positive thinking. He has 2 Fox Terriers who keep him active, delightful little dogs
Crikey Phil, your lotto luck has definitely improved I am sure positive thinking helps in your Brothers case, keeping active also helps, we were out with the dogs first thing, then spend the afternoon doing Maninder's clutch, then another walk tonight with the dogs.

Tired but feeling good
Old 25th August 2019, 06:47   #148148
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning all.

Misty start to the day but the sun is breaking through.

Off to my first breakfast meet this morning, organised by me, up at Louis Tea Rooms halfway up Kit Hill. Got 17 hungry people going.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2019, 08:11   #148149
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Looks like a toasty hot day on the cards here today, Forecast 29C for heavens sake

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2019, 08:17   #148150
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Morning all, another nice one here ☀️☀️☀️☀️