Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Was it you?
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th February 2020, 17:50   #1
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Default AV54 --- Near Rochdale ish.

Saw a grey 75 on a roundabout heading for Jun 2 of th A627 M yesterday. I think I have all th number plate but didn't want to put it on here for th owners security..
Old 26th May 2020, 22:22   #2
Nick C

Rover 75 saloon

Think that will be me - A627 right where I live - AV54 X Power Grey. A Manchester bee sticker on the back. Last letter on the plate is B

AV54 "summat" "summat" B

Cool - I often wave at other R75 drivers

Last edited by Nick C; 26th May 2020 at 22:30..
Nick C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2020, 06:59   #3
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

Hi Nick.

Yes it was you. Nice car. I was at work and visited a customer on Stake hill ind est so not in my 75.
Old 28th May 2020, 09:51   #4
Nick C

Rover 75 saloon

Thanks - I've had it almost 5 years now.
It's a Connoisseur CDTI Auto, in fact it's the first automatic I have ever driven and I love it.
Its definitely a working car and I average around 1000 miles a month - I got it at 62,000 on the clock and it's now up to 125,000. But since I've been working from home since the beginning of March (our company pre-empted the lockdown in some sections), I've done 90 miles mainly pootling about locally but throwing it down the motor way once every few weeks - usually starting at the roundabout where The Ship pub is just down from junction 2 where you saw it. A well deserved rest for it at the moment.
Could do with a wash though it's covered in dropped blossom and pollen and I cleaned it about 2 weeks back, it seems sitting on the road attracts more filth rather than driving.

My car before was another Rover 75 - 02 reg. pre facelift manual Club 2.0 CDT.

I love 'em, best cars I have ever had or driven and I've had Vauxhall (pah!), Volvo, Audi (spent more time in the garage that A4 than on the road) e.t.c. although my old Triumph Spitfires I loved as much I think.

Not sure the better half will let me get another though as I spent a bit getting this one up to scratch plus I drive her mad with spotting them when out or in films (V for Vendetta for one), TV shows (Don't Forget the Driver with Toby Jones) and also a few weeks back we were chilling watching an old Antiques Roadshow and there were TWO in one episode.
I don't think that love for them will ever go even if I do end up getting something else.

In fact here she is on VE day enjoying a relaxing time in the shade, she's not usually parked there but needed the drive so we could sit out for a very socially distanced street party, all safely done Boris!

Last edited by Nick C; 28th May 2020 at 09:56.. Reason: Insert image
Nick C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2020, 11:42   #5
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

its a beauty. Your are getting some use out of then. Mine only does around 4500 miles a year.

I normally keep cars for around 4 yrs, but like you iv found it hard to get rid so iv owned it 9 years. It had 37000 miles on th clock when I got it. Iv spent 4114 pounds on it so far (yes I log down everything and this includes MOT's) Bin to Chamonix in mine. 13 hr road trip and I wasn't exhausted after it either. They are great cars, that I carnt find anything that can compete at there prices.

Fotoes.

Showing off my new gold fan resistor.. !!

Chamonix with Monte Blanc in th back ground..

Old 5th June 2020, 11:15   #6
Spike
Posted a thing or two

Spike, Burt & Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow View Post
Chamonix with Monte Blanc in th back ground..
I've taken mine all around Europe - went to Switzerland with Spike last year, crossed the St Bernard over the top (not through the tunnel) into Italy and burned up a set of pads coming down towards Verbier. I'm planning a road trip to Greece through the Balkans too - need to get all the running gear in top shape before that! Such a lovely car to go on a long drive.