Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th June 2020, 08:20   #11
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

So the US has a heavily politicised police force. Who new? He is now also threatening to 'use' the military in the shape of the army. The home of the free?
Old 4th June 2020, 09:00   #12
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
All four "ex" police officers now charged
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2jkzA_ZKCk

I saw this pic of a protester t'other day and thought they're not going to get away with a kangeroo verdict without a lot more trouble.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2020, 09:21   #13
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Those 4 Officers should have been suspended, investigated and then charges filed as appropriate. If found guilty in a court of law, then sacked.

There is no justice for the police either out there.

Shades of Malcolm X, black power salutes all around, even in UK. This is not the way to right any so called racial issues.

Last edited by KWIL; 4th June 2020 at 10:23..
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2020, 11:18   #14
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Watching the horrifying video clip brought back this equally harrowing memory:

https://4wardeveruk.org/cases/youth-...nton-mccurbin/
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2020, 15:31   #15
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

BlackDeath

Apart from the obvious (the newsreel of the officer with a knee on the prisoner’s neck which led to his death) there is so much else wrong in this tragedy.

The placards carrying the clarion call BLM gives the impression that non-whites are deliberately being targeted and the ones who inflict injury do not care about specifically non-white casualties.

In addition, the fractious and violent incident with all kinds going on around everyone must be desperate stuff for the police.

Maintaining public order and not least following orders being well nigh impossible, maybe those orders should be made public so any ‘blame’ can be properly levelled. Senior officers are rarely in the firing line.

Seems to me the officers can never be right no matter what they do although in this case the restraint seems to have been maintained far longer than it takes for cuffs to be applied. And perhaps ankle restraints are far too redolent of the past for those who cannot put the slavery comparison in its proper place.

Would it be better from the protestors point of view if the police sought out only white residents to engage with? Presumably there are after all non-white officers – maybe there should be horses for courses depending on the runners and riders in each riot. Then, wild allegations of selective treatment might be avoided. Although then the accusations of racism might double.

Another factor which is studiously avoided is the ethnic mix of a district. A district with a disproportionate mix will by definition have a predominance of one race or another, but to present those figures would be the ultimate proof in some eyes of the pollster’s intent.

With the protests about the protests gaining ground here by non-affected people (is there anything more irrelevant?) it is merely political agitation by the usual desperate wannabes searching for a home in phoney attention seeking. I do not believe there is anything at all racist in the UK police and the people now bellowing in London are blaggards and camp followers.
Old 5th June 2020, 17:36   #16
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
BlackDeath

Apart from the obvious (the newsreel of the officer with a knee on the prisoner’s neck which led to his death) there is so much else wrong in this tragedy.

The placards carrying the clarion call BLM gives the impression that non-whites are deliberately being targeted and the ones who inflict injury do not care about specifically non-white casualties.

In addition, the fractious and violent incident with all kinds going on around everyone must be desperate stuff for the police.

Maintaining public order and not least following orders being well nigh impossible, maybe those orders should be made public so any ‘blame’ can be properly levelled. Senior officers are rarely in the firing line.

Seems to me the officers can never be right no matter what they do although in this case the restraint seems to have been maintained far longer than it takes for cuffs to be applied. And perhaps ankle restraints are far too redolent of the past for those who cannot put the slavery comparison in its proper place.

Would it be better from the protestors point of view if the police sought out only white residents to engage with? Presumably there are after all non-white officers – maybe there should be horses for courses depending on the runners and riders in each riot. Then, wild allegations of selective treatment might be avoided. Although then the accusations of racism might double.

Another factor which is studiously avoided is the ethnic mix of a district. A district with a disproportionate mix will by definition have a predominance of one race or another, but to present those figures would be the ultimate proof in some eyes of the pollster’s intent.

With the protests about the protests gaining ground here by non-affected people (is there anything more irrelevant?) it is merely political agitation by the usual desperate wannabes searching for a home in phoney attention seeking. I do not believe there is anything at all racist in the UK police and the people now bellowing in London are blaggards and camp followers.
I concur with your last sentence, the words jumping and bandwagon spring to mind. Any excuse for civil disobedience and rioting.
Old 5th June 2020, 17:50   #17
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
mmm I'm not so sure they will.

macafee2
Of course they will, he thinks he is God and so do the majority of those who voted for him and he knows this and will use it to his advantage. He promised to build the wall and drain the swamp to keep the “drug dealing Mexicans” out. He has not condemned the murder of George Floyd as he is a racist, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he steps in to pardon the officer who is accused of the murder. I do believe he is running scared though, having visited the security bunker under the White House 3 times within a sort space of time.