Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th January 2015, 15:35   #31
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

A +1 for Captain Tolley, brilliant stuff, but I have not the slightest sign of ingress yet.

I wasn't sure whether the mess along the step joint was the result of Bailey's work, or some DIY'er concerned that it might start leaking, but it certainly looks a mess on top, both front and back.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 13th January 2015 at 15:39..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 13:10   #32
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

It's been a number of years since I did any "vanning" and the water ingress problems do not seem to have improved much. My father had similar problems with several vans ranging from new to around five years old. We even took some of them back to the manufacturers (East Yorkshire area as I recall) and watched the repairs being done. One van was virtually reskinned!

In the end, I just gave up and went back to renting a holiday home! It turned out to be more economical (albeit less convenient).

I hope all goes well and that a settlement is forthcoming.

You would have thought that they could have sorted the sealants out by now. It's amazing how much bending and twisting goes on in those joints so it needs to keep flexible for years. Not an easy job keeping water out as any 75 owner will tell you!
Mike
Old 18th March 2015, 10:37   #33
kc13661
I really should get out more.......

Freelander Td4

Just an update regarding this saga, I now have a County Court Judgement for the guy that carried out the servicing to pay the full amount of £321.00

However he still fails to respond to any communication either from myself or from the courts so it looks like the next step is to seek baliff recovery, I am genuinely sad it has come this far,

I am also moving my van to another storage facility not only because it is closer to.my home but fear this guy may attempt to do something against the van

I take absolutely no joy in any of this and saddened at the fact he is a fellow Rover Enthusiast

Growing old is compulsory.... Growing up is Optional

Last edited by kc13661; 18th March 2015 at 18:42..
kc13661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 17:45   #34
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc13661 View Post
Just an absolutely no joy in any of thisthe saga continues and has now reached a County Court Judgement for the guy that carried out the servicing to pay the full amount of £321.00

I am also moving my van to another storage facility not only because it is closer to.my home but fear this guy may attempt to do something against the van

I take absolutely no joy in any of this and saddened at the fact he is a fellow Rover Enthusiast
I really can't see that happening Keith ,an attack on your van..I'm waiting for him to come and look at my heater. I'm really surprised that you have had no reply
Old 19th March 2015, 08:09   #35
kc13661

Freelander Td4

Sorry Richard but I do not share your thoughts for this guy, he is a 'cowboy' prays on the fact people trust him to take the keys and carry out the work...He also prays on the belief that require someone else to do the work, don't have a clue.
However in this case he was wrong I know exactly what to look for. As far as looking at 'Heater' i sincerely wish you all the best after he left my gas supply in a dangerous life threatening condition.
I am not suprised he has not replied; he has no defence..He tried to rip me off. He has failed to justify his actions and failed to respond to a claim against him.in the County Court.... why would he do that? Because he has no defence...his actions speak louder than words.

If anyone wishes to trust this guy then that is there choice, just because he talks a good talk regarding Rovers does not mean he is a 'Good Guy'

Try looking at a few of the sites that have customer reviews on.... I am not the only person this guy has let down.

Old 29th December 2015, 17:32   #36
kc13661

Freelander Td4

Default Update

Well a full update on this; the scenario has gone on and on. I got in touch with the county court and filed a claim against the Engineer (Who at this moment in time I will not name)
I submitted all my paperwork and £25 fee and awaited a reply, well the Engineer failed to respond to the courts so a Judgement was made for him to pay me the sum of £296 plus the £25

Result we say ! well not so quick, to recover the money I then had to have the case transferred to Newcastle county court (all cases are heard in Nottingham originally) so once at Newcastle the fiasco started, the clerk of court could not find my file and this went on for weeks, finally I was told to recover my money I ahd to file a 'Warrant of Control' document at a cost of £100 which would be recoverable from the engineer.

Now throughout all this I constantly contacted the 'Engineer' Company to allow them opportunity to settle without further costs. Alas to no avail.

On the eleventh hour the Engineer submitted an application to have the Judgement set aside on the grounds he had his evidence to say the work was done and that he was merely an employee of a company (a company he owns)

So here we are a date has been set for a Hearing where both parties will sit before the judge and put their cases across, I am quietly confident after having some great legal guidance from a discreet forum member (Who I already owe a very large Drink)

Anyway the date is January 18th 2016 at Newcastle Law Courts and I can tell you now..... ethical or not... If I come out of there successful I will Print the Name of the engineer the Company name and the Company Address (I do not say this lightly but in my quest for Justice on this I have unearthed many people that have also been conned and many have had vans left in dangerous conditions)

Old 29th December 2015, 19:52   #37
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Well done for sticking with it and good luck on the outcome, though it sounds as if you will not need luck.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 10:40   #38
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Unhappy

I find it shocking that someone can do this kind of work, without apparently doing it, are potentially putting people's lives at risk. How do they sleep at night? I fully commend you for deciding to bring this situation to light, particularly as it's hassle you don't need.

I look forward to hearing the result, in your favour of course. This engineer/company needs to be reported to all caravan orientated magazines and clubs if they do not carry out work to agreed standards.

Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 10:50   #39
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Sounds like this guy has been through the courts before by his last minute holding action.... have you thought about contacting rouge traders off of the tv.?
Old 1st January 2016, 13:09   #40
steveo

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc13661 View Post
Thanks Steve, I have sorted the tap myself this morning, I also fitted a new gas regulator, have gone through the van with a fine comb today sorting out any issues. More annoyed that the Guy still fails to acknowledge me.... Maybe a letter to BBC Watchdog

I find it difficult to believe that I received a full check list that states the Gas Electric and Water all function correctly when they clearly did not, I am more concerned that it says the wheels have been of and the brake linings checked and return springs etc..... upon close inspection today the wheel trims and wheels have so many cobwebs in them it indicates that this is also a fabrication of the truth.

I accept that I have been well and truly ripped off, just a shame I paid for it on debit card rather than a credit card, as then I would have had some form of insurance.

I wont name and shame him on an open forum but if anyone in the North East /North West is wanting to avoid this guy I will pass on details via a PM
KC
Makes a welcome change (last paragraph)
Best of luck with your new purchase I hope you enjoy it as much as I did (caravanning)
Happy New Year
Steve
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote