Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th May 2009, 07:13   #21
moonstoneboy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer - naturally in Moonstone Green

Do your homework well before buying the caravan to ensure that you do buy the right one.

We bought our first one in 2001 new - 4 berth (though there are only 2 of us L shaped seating one end, table and seats that make up into bunks in the middle and an end bathroom.

Now, when you have enjoyed a bottle of wine or two, or been out to a restaurant and enjoyed a good meal we did not find the joys of setting up the bed very, well, enjoyable.

We therefore bought one with a fixed end bed - that is nice, can just flop in to bed with no hassle.

As to weight, some of the caravans are heavy - ours is over 1400kg. However, there are some that are much lighter.

Also depends what you are going to cook but give that consideration.
moonstoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 07:25   #22
tenerifemike
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur 1.8 SE T

Thanks Paul.

My girlfriends stepfather sells caravans in Weston Somerset and he reckons he has found us a cracker. We forgot he did this as we don't see him very often.

Not seen it yet of any pictures of it so not sure what the layout is at the moment. He said it belongs to one of the fitters that works there so it should be a nice one with no associated problems, damp etc.

Your suggestion about the bed is very practical and will bear this in mind when I eventually buy one.

Went to see some new ones in Newport last week and some of them are stunning but expensive. Makes me want to sell the house and just tour around the place.

Will let you know what I decide.

Thinks..........any nice Rover tourers around, mmmmmmm

Mike
tenerifemike is offline   Reply With Quote