Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th August 2019, 19:16   #11
norfolk nick

rover 75 saloon

Default Advice.

Hi,
After 25 years i have just bought a 03 Rover 75 1.8t with 30100 miles on the clock, fsh,And never been out in bad weather i have had the head checked and it looks ok.
Can any one give advice on servicing and maintenance and what to look out for when running the car all switches and electrics work and it has plenty of history also it is light green metallic any one know what the paint name is.
All advice and tips welcome i had forgotten how nice these cars are and would not want to just fiddle with it.
Norfolk Nick.
norfolk nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2019, 20:04   #12
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk nick View Post
Hi,
After 25 years i have just bought a 03 Rover 75 1.8t with 30100 miles on the clock, fsh,And never been out in bad weather i have had the head checked and it looks ok.
Can any one give advice on servicing and maintenance and what to look out for when running the car all switches and electrics work and it has plenty of history also it is light green metallic any one know what the paint name is.
All advice and tips welcome i had forgotten how nice these cars are and would not want to just fiddle with it.
Norfolk Nick.
Best starting a new thread about your car, you'll get more help
You colour code is on the n/side door pillar near the base
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=20831
The temperature gauge is useless & keeping an eye on running temp is crucial on 1.8's so https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=55585 19 then 7 are the numbers you need. Oh, & welcome
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2019, 15:21   #13
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
errr Yep!

She's cool about it, got a bit embarrassed; but she knows me all too well Paul.

I told her, she should be proud at nearly 50; plus having two kids and then there's putting up with me.

I have always said she looks 25 and not a day older, that keeps me in her good books I guess.
Of course, the tactical approach in such situations is to say to the wife that the club is looking to use an attractive female photograph and we are thinking of asking those whose spouses will be willing to have their photograph on the landing page.

I can guarantee that her reaction will be "what's wrong with me, have you not offered?"

Then you earn brownie points as well as achieving your objective.

I consider myself to be a master of female psyche - to the point that I am only threatened with diverse no more than once a month on average.

MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2019, 16:32   #14
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Of course, the tactical approach in such situations is to say to the wife that the club is looking to use an attractive female photograph and we are thinking of asking those whose spouses will be willing to have their photograph on the landing page.

I can guarantee that her reaction will be "what's wrong with me, have you not offered?"

Then you earn brownie points as well as achieving your objective.

I consider myself to be a master of female psyche - to the point that I am only threatened with diverse no more than once a month on average.

Living in a household of females (dog included) I often find myself using reverse psychology to help things go smoothly, but my downfall is; I often get told that I can be insensitive.

I do find the female species to be overemotional at times, and then once I think I have them sussed; they go and move the goalposts.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2019, 13:52   #15
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Living in a household of females (dog included) I often find myself using reverse psychology to help things go smoothly, but my downfall is; I often get told that I can be insensitive.

I do find the female species to be overemotional at times, and then once I think I have them sussed; they go and move the goalposts.
they cry when happy, they cry when sad and they wonder why we men don't understand them

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2019, 16:03   #16
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Tracey is in fact good with the spanners anyway, she used to build gearboxes for Rolls Royce, also worked for Unipart (Bristol Street Rover); so you can see I've met my match.

Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2019, 17:44   #17
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

I am afraid you are now guilty of highlighting certain parts of female form. The spanners should be in the hand and she should be muttering something about HGF!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote