Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th June 2019, 19:15   #11
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I'd prefer public transport to the V8

Brian
dont worry Brian, there's always THIS correct colour too!

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 20:20   #12
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Cars for sale in general fetched higher prices on the continent, not just zt/75s.
I was surprised when I found out how much a friend paid for an 8 year old Renault in Sweden last year. Nothing special just a car for his wife to run to the shops and take the kids to school and it was double what he would have paid for the same car here even from a dealer.

When I told him how much you could actually get a runner for he was shocked as he reckoned any car that was less than £1500 was considered disposable in Sweden like we would if we bought a £200 car here.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 20:22   #13
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I'd prefer public transport to the V8

Brian

What if the public transport has a V8?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2019, 18:42   #14
T16

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

People need to understand the UK used car market is probably the cheapest in the world.

All the vaginas that get their Diesel RangeRover/BMW/Audi on HP/lease with their matchbox new build house and their pea-brained, narrowminded life on rails are actually doing everyone else a favour when it comes to used cars.

Stuff that is £500 in the UK could quite easily be £3-4000EUR in Europe.

Also their cars tend to be in better condition, heavily stone chipped cars are rare in Germany for example, as the roads do not have anywhere near as much loose garbage as the poorly constructed UK roads with loose stones and gravel everywhere.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2019, 06:45   #15
SCP440

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
People need to understand the UK used car market is probably the cheapest in the world.

I wonder why this is? Could it be the steering wheel location or the stretch of water?

I know a customer who went to the US last year for a couple of months was expecting to buy a rubbish car to do some touring about in and leave it at the airport on his return was amazed what even a rust bucket was going to cost him so in the end he hired a car for under $20 a day.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2019, 09:47   #16
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I wonder why this is? Could it be the steering wheel location or the stretch of water?

I know a customer who went to the US last year for a couple of months was expecting to buy a rubbish car to do some touring about in and leave it at the airport on his return was amazed what even a rust bucket was going to cost him so in the end he hired a car for under $20 a day.
We live and travel in a relatively small place. Cars are commodities for the most part. We still have the perception that over 100k miles they are beyond use. Whereas a lot of places abroad,they're necessities, maintained to be reliable rather than just look good. Like any good tool, they maintain value and are sought after.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2019, 19:42   #17
ratchet
Posted a thing or two

ZT-T + CTDI

Quote:
Spot on - so much for rip off uk

My ZTT is about to bite the dust - the poor thing had a bad start to life, and what started off as anthracite is now turning into the colour of Irn Bru, with just as many bubbles.

I paid pennies for it, and had a good four years out of it, but I should have junked it a couple of years ago when we left Scotland and moved to France - getting it legal over here cost more than I originally paid for the car (including 250 for a C. of C ) the problem was I liked the damn thing.

So I'm now looking for a replacement - and the air turns blue every time I start searching. Car prices over here are
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2019, 19:52   #18
T16

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Spot on - so much for rip off uk

My ZTT is about to bite the dust - the poor thing had a bad start to life, and what started off as anthracite is now turning into the colour of Irn Bru, with just as many bubbles.

I paid pennies for it, and had a good four years out of it, but I should have junked it a couple of years ago when we left Scotland and moved to France - getting it legal over here cost more than I originally paid for the car (including 250 for a C. of C ) the problem was I liked the damn thing.

So I'm now looking for a replacement - and the air turns blue every time I start searching. Car prices over here are

Indeed, when I was looking at VW CC's, same spec car in the UK was around £15k GPB, in DE, was 25k Euro
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 22:17   #19
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Indeed, when I was looking at VW CC's, same spec car in the UK was around £15k GPB, in DE, was 25k Euro
It's about time you signed up for that lovely new VW for your drug runs Ross, don't you agree

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2019, 11:33   #20
Beena wild
Loves to post

MG ZT190+ 2.5 2002

Brian I can't read your posts on account of that amoeba emoji coloured thingy - i would not object to a pic of a 1977 Morris Marina or an '81 Ital!
Beena wild is offline   Reply With Quote