Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd March 2019, 13:26   #11
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I have been driving British rubbish for years. We were in Germany to see my son, in a rubbish Rover SD1 3.5 V8. On the way back there was a hold-up in Belgium on the m/way. Boiling hot weather, well they have better weather than us, don’t they? Lousy British weather, anyway we were stuck for quite some time. I noticed that after a while Merc and BMW owners were getting out and had their bonnets open. It was because they were boiling up. Sat there in the SD1, engine running no problems, and I noticed some were looking over and wondering why I had my engine running, also had the heater fan on full blast with all windows open. When we started to move some of them appeared to not be able to start their cars. That’s the trouble with British rubbish, it keeps going.
Old 31st March 2019, 23:58   #12
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Maybe it's where I've lived and who I mix with, but no-one has ever made a disparaging remark to me about any of the Rovers I've been driving since 2004. The nearest was a garage who diagnosed HGF by glancing at my 820 through the window.

In fact people are nothing but complimentary about my 75 but this may be because they are cocooned in soul-sucking grey, black and silver plastic with black carpets and dark grey cloth seats. Like my neighbour with a new VW that that's been in the garage 6 times with engine and gearbox warning lights. That came on again yesterday.
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2019, 08:57   #13
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

my only reply to any comments .. is "well its never let me down in 15 years. most reliable care I've ever had .) refering to the CDTI .

But then wifeys Zr is fast approaching 120k of silly short trips and never failed to work in 12 years

Mind you only get these odd comments from " Experts" at Car shows .
usually about HGF irrespective of what car it is

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 1st April 2019 at 09:00..
ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote