Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th July 2016, 06:45   #1
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts
Default Such a shame

This was once a great place, ruined by jobsworths, nonsense and interfering busy bodies.

Sadly, me selling my car has been in part caused by the foul taste left in my mouth from visiting this very forum of late. The very forum that five years ago excited and enthralled me about everything 75. It is, in my view, now just a husk of what was, with all the goodness scooped out and stamped on.

Such a shame that the end of ownership will be remembered by me and my family this way as it used to be a pastime my whole family enjoyed.

I have been vocal over the years, and not always agreed with others, I may have seemed offensive, for which I am sorry.

Enjoy your cars everyone.

That's all folks
Old 6th July 2016, 09:20   #2
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post
This was once a great place, ruined by jobsworths, nonsense and interfering busy bodies.

Sadly, me selling my car has been in part caused by the foul taste left in my mouth from visiting this very forum of late. The very forum that five years ago excited and enthralled me about everything 75. It is, in my view, now just a husk of what was, with all the goodness scooped out and stamped on.

Such a shame that the end of ownership will be remembered by me and my family this way as it used to be a pastime my whole family enjoyed.

I have been vocal over the years, and not always agreed with others, I may have seemed offensive, for which I am sorry.

Enjoy your cars everyone.

That's all folks
Sad to hear this Rich. I do agree with you though. I used to spend a a lot of time on the general forum or in the technical area but feel now that help goes unheeded. I'm now thinking my 75 ownership will be a private affair, just feel now that the main purpose of the club has been lost.
Good Luck Rich what ever your endeavours are.
Old 6th July 2016, 10:07   #3
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Indeed, it is a shame Rich, my best to you and your family.

No doubt see you at the Hollow Tree from time to time.

Jim
Old 6th July 2016, 10:28   #4
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

I still think this is a great place Rich, I hope that doesn't mean that I'm a jobsworth, nonsense or busy body!

Anyway, best of luck in whatever lies ahead for you, and I hope your nice new Kia proves as enjoyable to own as your lovely 75 did

Best wishes.

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
Old 6th July 2016, 10:46   #5
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Easy to criticise

I wish you well Rich but I must admit some things are best left unsaid. As you are leaving ownership why bother to open up this stuff again? I was personally thinking the forum was settling down again. It is whatever folk think still the most used, most informative and is also policed by the moderators ( of whom I am not one) to the best of their abilities.

Anyway good luck Rich and remember you will be welcomed back if you decide to get another one for a summer toy/hobby at some point in the future. Many do and I hope you do too.

Chris
Old 6th July 2016, 13:22   #6
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

I do know what you are referring to Richard, but it is not all doom and gloom. I remember the time when you were instrumental in organising a big meet to raise badly needed funds for a cancer charity. You are to be commended and I sincerely hope you are going to stick around
Old 6th July 2016, 14:48   #7
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

If you enjoy cars you always end up getting involved in a forum related to the one you have.... I've been a member of loads of car forums and they are all mostly the same, when you enjoy the car you enjoy the forum, when it's time to move on it just annoys the heck out of you. You always tend to meet one or two people who you stick with though......and best of luck with the Kia Optima forums by the way because that will be all about moaning about main dealers, been there and done that with VW and Saab ones

You can't win is what I'm saying really.... but you will struggle to stay away from a forum like this
Old 6th July 2016, 15:11   #8
neilb740
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 1.8

Well I would like to say that you will be missed and to thank you for your help with my car over the years.

I'm sorry you are leaving the forum with bad feelings towards it. The politics and infighting I sometimes read about always seems to pass me by.

That may be because I was never quite as involved as you in organising meets etc. Or maybe I'm just oblivious to what's going on around me lol

Make sure you say Hi if we ever meet somewhere around Crewe, I will keep an eye out for your new car and give you a wave.
Old 6th July 2016, 15:27   #9
johnnybbad
Loves to post

mgzt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
I wish you well Rich but I must admit some things are best left unsaid. As you are leaving ownership why bother to open up this stuff again? I was personally thinking the forum was settling down again. It is whatever folk think still the most used, most informative and is also policed by the moderators ( of whom I am not one) to the best of their abilities.

Anyway good luck Rich and remember you will be welcomed back if you decide to get another one for a summer toy/hobby at some point in the future. Many do and I hope you do too.

Chris
I think Rich has a good reason to leave with a bitter taste in his mouth

Looking at the final post on his previous now closed thread, it seems people have complained to the admins that he is apparently circumventing the rules

Some people need to get out a bit and stop wasting their life telling tales on others, im sure most people on here are above primary school age, so why not act like it
Old 6th July 2016, 15:50   #10
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Sorry to hear you're moving on Rich - your posts always made interesting reading and gave food for thought as they say. Who's gonna keep an eye out for dirty vis motor screws now?

Cliff

PS, good luck with the Kia. It looks a cracking motor and with the warranty they offer, you can't really go wrong.

No. 4 of 6
Closed Thread