Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th June 2016, 17:45   #511
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
In an earlier post Dyson was criticised for changing his mind about the Euro because he supported it back in 2001 - 15 years ago!!!!
I didn't really criticise him, more that his agenda and whats best for him has now changed, and that he should be honest about that. And if he has been wrong then, there's a chance he's wrong now.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Old 12th June 2016, 17:46   #512
Gman2
Posted a thing or two

ZTT+ 1.8T, mgf 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
Has anyone here really had their life changed by the EU? apart from poor unchanged pay levels and high energy prices? Has anyone noticed traveling getting easier by being in? No, I thought not...
Well why don't you check this out:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-how-does-thi/

The problem here is that you have these regions that benefit through Euro grants and UK R&D (according to the Royal Society) is a net beneficiary of EU funding plus no doubt there are lots of other areas that benefit so according to the MP quoted once we pull out the money saved will be redirected towards these regions. But hold on - you have the NHS waiting in the wings that BREXIT state that the savings can be pumped into so suddenly that £250m per week saving is going to dwindle very quickly and my hunch is funding is going to become a real issue for some areas in the UK infrastructure.
Old 12th June 2016, 17:52   #513
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
I didn't really criticise him, more that his agenda and whats best for him has now changed, and that he should be honest about that. And if he has been wrong then, there's a chance he's wrong now.
True Jimbo. It also means he might just, in the intervening years, have become older and wiser! He owes nothing to the government, is beyond bribing and coercing. I think I'd believe his take on things before most of the Remain team! It's also possible he would think about re-engaging in UK following a Brexit! Blimey, that's five positives in one go. That's a change!
Old 12th June 2016, 18:01   #514
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
True Jimbo. It also means he might just, in the intervening years, have become older and wiser! He owes nothing to the government, is beyond bribing and coercing. I think I'd believe his take on things before most of the Remain team! It's also possible he would think about re-engaging in UK following a Brexit! Blimey, that's five positives in one go. That's a change!
i think it was in his company's interest to be in the euro then and now its in his companies to leave the eu. That's perfectly fine, we all get a vote and that's the whole point. However i don't buy some altruistic angle and of course it's the same as those coming out in favour of remaining, what's best for mr dyson might not be the best for everyone else.

Old 12th June 2016, 18:01   #515
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
It's somewhat alarming if you rely for your income on only the State Pension, as so many actually do. They tend to be very elderly and insecure with little grasp of the modern ruthless world, having been brought up in a gentler age.

Very few of them have even heard of the 'triple lock' which applies to pensions and has been won over many years as a guarantee of at least some measure against inflation. Cameron knows full well he daren't mess with that, all those pensioners of course have raised families. There's more votes to lose than he thinks.

In that single episode he has amply demonstrated his unsuitability for the job he is supposed to be doing. The fact that the members of his team are still campaigning after hearing him say that speaks volumes. And just how the Remainders can stomach this beats me. Revulsion.
You asked the question Ray and so I will answer. My vote is not for David Cameron, it is for the ideology of 'remain'. At a personal level, for this year my NHS pension increase has been frozen.... The equivalent of an air fare London - Nairobi. I can't stand the man. He is the pits. I would not be sad to see him go. Try not to throw up
Old 12th June 2016, 18:23   #516
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
DD

A) No one is suggesting the EU is the only trading show in town!! However it is hugely significant.

B) At least you've had a go looking at the different trading options post Brexit. I find it incredible that the Leave campaign don't have a clear strategy mapped out for this. It's all very well saying they want to 'take control' but they can't keep expecting people to trust them that things will be just fine, they have a duty to explain what the new world order would look like.

I think we have covered point B) several times already, this is not an election, it is a referendum, and the present government will remain in power whatever the outcome.
It is not the OUT camp, nor even the IN camp who will make the decisions post referendum, it is however David Cameron and his team who will take those decisions, so really you and indeed everyone else should be asking HIM what his plans are in the event of a Brexit win. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure we know his plans after a remain win either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12th June 2016, 18:28   #517
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
You asked the question Ray and so I will answer. My vote is not for David Cameron, it is for the ideology of 'remain'. At a personal level, for this year my NHS pension increase has been frozen.... The equivalent of an air fare London - Nairobi. I can't stand the man. He is the pits. I would not be sad to see him go. Try not to throw up
Hi Phil, isn't that an occupational pension scheme?
Nothing you could say or do would be emetic!
Old 12th June 2016, 19:01   #518
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
If you get really desparate to fighten the voters, tell them their pensions are at risk!!

Oh dear Cameron has just done it, now I know the Remain camp is afraid of the dark.

Well he got away with it in the Indy vote, so I'm not surprised he's tried it again.

Old 12th June 2016, 19:02   #519
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
I think we have covered point B) several times already, this is not an election, it is a referendum, and the present government will remain in power whatever the outcome.
It is not the OUT camp, nor even the IN camp who will make the decisions post referendum, it is however David Cameron and his team who will take those decisions, so really you and indeed everyone else should be asking HIM what his plans are in the event of a Brexit win. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure we know his plans after a remain win either.

Should it not follow that in the event of either a Leave or a Remain vote the present government should have a strategy? So you would think there is in existence a plan for the eventuality of the result being Leave? So where is it? If it's Cameron's responsibility to the country that counts (as he fondly keeps reminding us) he should not be campaigning. He should be telling everyone the benefits and drawbacks of either result.
Old 12th June 2016, 19:17   #520
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Should it not follow that in the event of either a Leave or a Remain vote the present government should have a strategy? So you would think there is in existence a plan for the eventuality of the result being Leave? So where is it?.
The government aren't allowed to preplan the outcome of such votes. Right or wrong.

Closed Thread