Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th May 2016, 07:29   #1
rovermadhead
Regular poster

Rover 75

Thumbs down what are you lot...children?

I found and enjoyed this forum along with 3 other clubs, I originally just quietly read posts as I do on the others, how ever this is the only one I have joined yet, bit in all honesty a lot of the members are acting like children, fgs grow up and stop moaning, if Fred bloggs what's to use a free program for what ever then why can't he, if the people who pay a fee to trade and charge people for a similar service can't handle it, well I am sorry but that's just tough luck and that's just the way of the world, do you think bill gates moaned when Linux became popular....no, he turned around and made his product better, also i noticed there are items for sale here by ordinary members, yet the trafers who sell car parts are not up in arms about it, well not that i have seen anyway, so t4 owners, you know what to do, make your services more inviting and better. While there are a few who are enjoying this free software, there are many more who will be frightened to death in using it, its the way of business, diversify or die is my motto, but acting like a bunch of spoilt kids only makes you look silly. Makes new members like me think twice in coming here. Grow up will you please, can a mod now close this thread too, looks to be the norm around here

Last edited by rovermadhead; 19th May 2016 at 07:39..
Old 19th May 2016, 07:51   #2
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Threads like you describe happen about once or twice a year on here with same pattern for them. Not sure why I think it's because feelings run high about the whole club and rover scene.
However it's soon forgot and the forum continues on.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Old 19th May 2016, 07:52   #3
Si-monogram
Banned

MG ZTT TYPHOON 180, PPD 75 CDTI 160, METRO 1.3 A+, ABARTH TURISMO 595, MG ZS V6, 75 duotone tourer

I think the mods are banging their heads together to come up with a solution to this.

I must say that of late, this while toaf thing has really shown a few members in a different light. I myself am getting sick and tired of reading about it, watching threads pop up and massive arguments breaking out over a virtual piece of software.

The other way to look at it is that it's a public forum and we ain't all going to get along but this toaf thing has gotten to the point of almost comedic value.

I love any forum where I can pick the brains of people with far superior knowledge than myself but this club is starting to become bogged down in bickering and negativity and I hope the mods can at least try and do something about it.
Old 19th May 2016, 08:10   #4
aguy
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6

Why do I love my '75 ?

Well the timing is timeless and beautiful, the seats are really comfortable. It came at a good price, every thing I need from a car really.

Also we have a fantastic club with great members and a really helpful and informative Forum.
What more can we need.

Have a great day everyone....
Old 19th May 2016, 08:16   #5
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

It's a shame that the rules aren't applied fairly and evenly to every member. That is what my biggest problem is. One rule for one, and another rule for another.

After all, the toaf guys were operating in the same manner as this very forum. Free access and donate if you like.
Old 19th May 2016, 08:18   #6
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

The op has said his piece and asked for closure, that is something I think we all want now.

Time to take some deep breaths, go out and have a nice drive in our cars and get along with each other.
Closed Thread