Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th April 2016, 15:35   #1
Duotone
This is my second home

Default Low Line sat nav

A while ago I bought a Symphony radio and it came with the Low Line sat nav pack.

For an install of the Low line system you will need.

A IPK with the message center
A Symphony radio with Low Line nav pack.
A nav computer YIB 000150.
A loom from the symphony to the Low Line nav computer, with GPS aerial.
a loom from the Symphony nav pack to the green mini ISO plug.
A bracket for the nav computer [off side boot]

I thought I would try and get the rest of the parts needed and install the Low Line system in my tourer.

I managed to source the loom and from a member in the Midlands a Low Line Navigation computer.

The speaker for the Low Line sat nav instructions is separate and located under the steering wheel.

Make sure that you obtain the lead between the nav pack on the Symphony and the ISO connections.

I fitted a loom from a saloon, the main difference being the GPS aerial. The tourer loom has a sharks fin aerial and the saloon a standard GPS aerial.

Run the loom from the center consol to the offside and to the rear under the carpet by the door sils.

Fitting the Symphony was straightforward, connecting up the Low Line loom
consists of connecting four wires, located in plug CO982 [or in the ICE loom] and three more for power and earth.

This where to solder the three other wires from the Low Line loom to the Grey ISO plug.

Here are the connections to be made between the car loom and the Low Line sat nav loom.

Note ! I have used block connectors as I needed to know if the system worked before making soldered and shrink wrap joints.

These are the only connections apart from the ISO connection, this supplies 12v, earth, and ignition feed to the Low Line system.

I temporarily placed the Sat Nav drive and the CD changer in the load area and the GPS aerial located on the load area glass.

After making all the connections and making sure the Symphony worked well I switched on the Sat Nav pack.

Surprising enough the system actually worked .

The only thing I was unsure of was that the GPS aerial was picking up my present location.

After using the system today I can say that the Low Line system works remarkably well, it is accurate and gives clear instruction, plus the visual display is right in front of the driver, located in the IPK.

All in all I would say that the Low Line system is underrated and not such a big job to install. I will keep it for a few weeks to see how it performs.

I temporarily removed a Win Ce that had a working reverse camera [never took much notice of] plus it had integral Bluetooth and a DVD player [not used much either].

We'll see if I miss any of the above extra's.

Dave T

Last edited by Duotone; 18th November 2017 at 07:44..
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2016, 16:04   #2
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Keeping it OEM Dave

If you need / want it, I have a tourer right hand side cubby box cover to protect the Nav computer, the only problem is its ash grey not sandstone. Shout if you want it though.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2016, 16:20   #3
shasbat3
Gets stuck in

Jaguar S type.

Great system. I have the lowline unit in my saloon, and I've recently bought an updated cd for it. I use it all the time and don't want a newer unit in the car. This one does all that I need.
shasbat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2016, 16:26   #4
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

you want to swap anything for the garage stereo ?

Good work ( as ever ) by the way..

Nige B

Last edited by Dragrad; 4th May 2016 at 00:33.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2016, 07:37   #5
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Keeping it OEM Dave

If you need / want it, I have a tourer right hand side cubby box cover to protect the Nav computer, the only problem is its ash grey not sandstone. Shout if you want it though.
Thanks for the offer Paul.

I was looking at the OEM Low Line install in Vindaloo's tourer at the National and his side panel has the back piece neatly cut away.
I will wait and see if I can live with the Low Line system before fitting permanently.
I also need the mounting bracket for the nav computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige B View Post
Good work ( as ever ) by the way..
Thanks Nigel.

I'll let you know if I want to pass on the Win Ce unit.

Dave T
Old 29th April 2016, 07:52   #6
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Original is best, well done, a quality install

Sandstone cubby lids, Mmmmmmmmm, good luck
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2016, 11:52   #7
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post
Original is best, well done, a quality install

Sandstone cubby lids, Mmmmmmmmm, good luck
Lucky me, I already have both Sandstone cubby covers.

Dave T
Old 30th April 2016, 16:43   #8
Simon W
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.0 Litre Club Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duotone View Post
A while ago I bought a Symphony radio and it came with the Low Line sat nav pack. ...... I thought I would try and get the rest of the parts needed and install the Low Line system .....
I wouldn't mind doing the same thing (I too have a Symphony with a Low Line switch pack YUB100591PUY).

Was it hard to get the rest of the bits?

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-YUB100591PUY
Simon W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2016, 17:16   #9
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon W View Post
I wouldn't mind doing the same thing (I too have a Symphony with a Low Line switch pack YUB100591PUY).

Was it hard to get the rest of the bits?

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-YUB100591PUY
I managed to get the loom from Mickyboy, who was breaking a saloon with the Low Line fitted.

The sat nav computer was a little more difficult to find. Last December a member in the Midlands had offered one to another member on a thread, but it was not taken up.

I pm'd him and finding out he still had it [complete with disc], did a deal and collected it the day before the national meet.

I had to purchase a surface mount speaker for the nav sound, readily available from Maplins.

I have just managed to source the bracket for the nav computer from a trader on here.

Dave T
Old 1st May 2016, 17:37   #10
Simon W
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.0 Litre Club Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duotone View Post
I managed to get the loom from Mickyboy, who was breaking a saloon with the Low Line fitted.

The sat nav computer was a little more difficult to find. Last December a member in the Midlands had offered one to another member on a thread, but it was not taken up.

I pm'd him and finding out he still had it [complete with disc], did a deal and collected it the day before the national meet.

I had to purchase a surface mount speaker for the nav sound, readily available from Maplins.

I have just managed to source the bracket for the nav computer from a trader on here.

Dave T
Thanks for the info Dave.

The only bits I've got are the low line switch pack (YUB100591PUY) and the big mounting bracket (XQU000410) - so I need a loom, a nav computer and a speaker.

I can't find anyone advertising nav computer YIB000150 - is there another p/n that will work?

Do you know if there's a p/n for the loom?
Simon W is offline   Reply With Quote