Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th June 2016, 20:16   #1091
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Could a petition be created to oppose a second referendum?

I would sign that.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
Old 25th June 2016, 20:18   #1092
neilbaker86
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Could a petition be created to oppose a second referendum?

I would sign that.
I just hope it gets rejected and people on all sides start to calm down, because the way this is going it will end up in civil war.
Old 25th June 2016, 20:20   #1093
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Regarding the vote of other EU citizens living here, this is the rules.
I believe in a referendum the rules are the same.
http://www.electoralcommission.org.u...neral-election
Old 25th June 2016, 20:44   #1094
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elefsis View Post
The truth often hurts.
Really! - and there is me thinking the truth educates.

If tact were taxable I could get you a rebate.

Quote:
Spyder, you have just confirmed that what I said is coorect, you have said that you are an immigrant and that you voted Remain. This, in my opinion, is because no matter where you are from, the sovreignty of this country is not important to you, like it is to me.

Having served my country as a regular soldier and lived thought the Blitz on London I come from an era when every Englishman had a backbone and if it were not for the sacrifices made by our forces during that war you would probably not even wanted to come here.

By voting to Remain you do not wish to be governed by a democracy but a dictatorship like the EU.

Perhaps that is what you were used to before you came here.
Oh wow !

Darwin was wrong it seems.......

Last edited by Dragrad; 26th June 2016 at 01:29.. Reason: Consecutive posts, please use the edit or multi-quote options ;-)
Old 25th June 2016, 21:03   #1095
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Can we just ignore this second referendum issue, it's not going to happen, DC has said he will honour the will of the people and the government is starting the process of leaving the EU. (Albeit rather slowly to the wrath of the EU).

The government doesn't have to implement anything a petition demands.

So perhaps we can get back to the normal bickering as before?
Old 25th June 2016, 21:11   #1096
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Just to cool the hot heads
Old 25th June 2016, 21:26   #1097
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Farage did indeed say this. He said in an interview with the Mirror if there was a 52-48 win for Remain, he'd want a rerun.

I can remember commenting about this some time ago, and someone, I think it could even have been your great self, claimed this was all anti Farage media slurs. (Apologies if it wasn't you at all) .

So this rerun nonsense has been given a certain foundation by Farage himself. No wonder the official Leave campaign wanted him hidden away.
Old 25th June 2016, 21:41   #1098
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
If the petition succeeded and there was a second byte at the cherry, I suspect the Leave vote would be even higher.
So do I Harry.
In the back of my suspicious mind there germinated a worm of curiously twisted form. The petitioner might have been a Leave voter who suspected there might be efforts to discredit the referendum if evidence of major fraud emerged. They might have decided to pre-empt any revision by including percentages to be reached before a new ref could be established. The petition wording seems to work both ways. Probably not a word of truth in it......

A quick suggestion? We have a remarkable thread here - more than a bit amazing. If we want it to remain a precedent in harmonious discussion on a contentious subject, is it reasonable to avoid the possibility of a closure by treating what we consider as a distasteful post by the usual method of regarding it as trolling and ignoring it?
Old 25th June 2016, 21:49   #1099
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Spyder, you have just confirmed that what I said is coorect, you have said that you are an immigrant and that you voted Remain. This, in my opinion, is because no matter where you are from, the sovreignty of this country is not important to you, like it is to me.

Having served my country as a regular soldier and lived thought the Blitz on London I come from an era when every Englishman had a backbone and if it were not for the sacrifices made by our forces during that war you would probably not even wanted to come here.

By voting to Remain you do not wish to be governed by a democracy but a dictatorship like the EU.

Perhaps that is what you were used to before you came here.
The sad part is that your response is based on ignorance of the facts, just as many were misled with all the hype and lies before the voting took place, as many of the public admissions will bear witness only hours after the voting was completed.

As many on here that know me,will know, my comment was a bit tongue in cheek, as I have held a British passport longer than many on here. Democracy is important enough for me to have taken the trouble to cast a considered vote, unlike many that chose not to vote, yet will now complain. My concern is that the out vote in many cases (not all I must stress)was solely based on the influx of immigrants as opposed to foreign refugees, we are now told that the out vote will make little or no difference to this for a number of reasons, but only time will tell how that scenario plays out.

Oh and by the way I am a member of the British Foreign Legion, having served as an officer to protect democracy in no uncertain terms.

Regards

Craig McLaren (not the most foreign sounding name actually )
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
Old 25th June 2016, 22:02   #1100
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
The sad part is that your response is based on ignorance of the facts, just as many were misled with all the hype and lies before the voting took place, as many of the public admissions will bear witness only hours after the voting was completed.

As many on here that know me,will know, my comment was a bit tongue in cheek, as I have held a British passport longer than many on here. Democracy is important enough for me to have taken the trouble to cast a considered vote, unlike many that chose not to vote, yet will now complain. My concern is that the out vote in many cases (not all I must stress)was solely based on the influx of immigrants as opposed to foreign refugees, we are now told that the out vote will make little or no difference to this for a number of reasons, but only time will tell how that scenario plays out.

Oh and by the way I am a member of the British Foreign Legion, having served as an officer to protect democracy in no uncertain terms.

Regards

Craig McLaren (not the most foreign sounding name actually )
Spyder, there are some amongst us that don't believe the majority of Leave votes were based on the supposed 'immigrant' question. When some figures are known to be phoney, as some undoubtedly were, then all figures are regarded as being invalid. Many objected to the principle of the EU and the lies originally told to us rather than the obvious immigrant and economics straw man arguments.