Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th May 2016, 14:03   #71
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

What an enthusiastic achievement.

Well done to all concerned.
Old 17th May 2016, 14:09   #72
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post
What an enthusiastic achievement.

Well done to all concerned.
.......And well done to those who helped decide for one T4 trader to hang up his boots and other traders thinking of doing the same as they have lost most of any income stream because of it.........

.....But that doesn't matter, they were only in it for the money
Old 17th May 2016, 14:11   #73
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
.......And well done to those who helped decide for one T4 trader to hang up his boots and other traders thinking of doing the same as they have lost most of any income stream because of it.........

So it had nothing to do with trader fees?
Old 17th May 2016, 14:27   #74
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

So on one hand we've lot a single T4 trader who's spat his dummy and refuses to see progress and on the other we've now lost what could have been a useful diagnostic tool that could have helped ALL 75/ZT owners for a long time to come.......I know which I think is the bigger loss.

I think any T4 trader with half a brain would realise that their services and this software are complimentary and not in competition. The sort of person that would download software from the net and start tinkering with their car is probably less likely to visit a T4 guru and on the flip side there are plenty of people for whom the idea of installing software and buying a lead to connect to their car would terrify them and they will remain T4 customers. All that's happened here is the glimmer of light for those of us 100 miles away from a T4 has now gone....well done all.

I have been planning to buy a ZT as a weekend car to rejoin the fold, I think I'll reconsider now.
Old 17th May 2016, 14:55   #75
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
So on one hand we've lot a single T4 trader who's spat his dummy and refuses to see progress and on the other we've now lost what could have been a useful diagnostic tool that could have helped ALL 75/ZT owners for a long time to come.......I know which I think is the bigger loss.

I think any T4 trader with half a brain would realise that their services and this software are complimentary and not in competition. The sort of person that would download software from the net and start tinkering with their car is probably less likely to visit a T4 guru and on the flip side there are plenty of people for whom the idea of installing software and buying a lead to connect to their car would terrify them and they will remain T4 customers. All that's happened here is the glimmer of light for those of us 100 miles away from a T4 has now gone....well done all.

I have been planning to buy a ZT as a weekend car to rejoin the fold, I think I'll reconsider now.
Hi.
I am 90% sure that the T4 operators will already have downloaded TOAF and seen it's potential.
It is far handier than T4 with all it's leads etc and if the "T4 Trader" is out on the field I am pretty sure he'll read codes with TOAF long before all the pa-lava of firing up T4!

I am still considering doing car diagnostics and I will admit on open forum I would use TOAF simply because it is quick and easy, don't get me wrong the T4 machine would be in the boot too!
Anyway I need to be back to being able to lift before I'd even consider it!
Old 17th May 2016, 14:58   #76
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

This is getting shameful, with some of the the respected members of the club acting like MP's. Sly and underhand, drive the people that are enthusiastic about the cars away and stick to your business model.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Old 17th May 2016, 15:06   #77
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
Ive just heard the TOAF guys have decided to release the final version of TOAF and will cease the program there after.
Sadly,Im sure there will be some who will be over joyed with this news.
Not quite sure what was accomplished here??
Sad thing is, with all the garbage thown at them I can completely understand
their descission. i doubt you will hear from any of the Polish Rover Enthusiasts again,cant really blame them either !!!
A forum for enthusiasts,I think not!!
Maybe this explains things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggerbee View Post
According to longer86 it is a bit of lost in google translation, Marcin is going to make .44 the last release coded in Delphi and concentrate on using C++ which will give more flexibility
Taken from http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...98#post2290198

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
Old 17th May 2016, 15:53   #78
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Come on guys..Let's all agree to differ on this and put it to bed. We all have one big thing in common and that's the enjoyment of our great cars. The club is a business to the owner , as well as the "traders/ enthusiasts" who pay the subs to the site. The rest of us are just enthusiasts who hold a wealth of knowledge that is shared between us. We can argue to the cow's come home about this subject , but nothing is ever going to come of it apart from bad or I'll feeling between members. Its down to the club board members to lay the rules down to which us guests here need to respect and adhere to and show each other the respect and courtesy we all deserve. If we don't this club will fall to the wayside and fragment. Let's just respect each other's views and respect the club rules and go with the flow and enjoy our cars.
Life's to blooming short to fall out over something like this.
Take care and hope I haven't caused any offence to anybody.
Johnny
Old 17th May 2016, 16:02   #79
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb44 View Post
. Its down to the club board members to lay the rules down to which us guests here need to respect and adhere to......
Johnny
Correct, but that doesn't seemed to have happened which has exasperated the whole mess.
Old 17th May 2016, 16:06   #80
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb44 View Post
Come on guys..Let's all agree to differ on this and put it to bed. We all have one big thing in common and that's the enjoyment of our great cars. The club is a business to the owner , as well as the "traders/ enthusiasts" who pay the subs to the site. The rest of us are just enthusiasts who hold a wealth of knowledge that is shared between us. We can argue to the cow's come home about this subject , but nothing is ever going to come of it apart from bad or I'll feeling between members. Its down to the club board members to lay the rules down to which us guests here need to respect and adhere to and show each other the respect and courtesy we all deserve. If we don't this club will fall to the wayside and fragment. Let's just respect each other's views and respect the club rules and go with the flow and enjoy our cars.
Life's to blooming short to fall out over something like this.
Take care and hope I haven't caused any offence to anybody.
Johnny
Hi Johnny.
No offence to me my man!
You are perfectly right in what you say, the club is about the cars in the first instance and we really should have all the same goal about keeping them alive.
The club though would be a sorry place without members and the traders would be scratching for work without us. A club is only as good as its members so in reality we need the club but the club needs us.
I really hope we all can accept that and this stupid wrangling stops.
Any way you take care and enjoy your car!
Closed Thread