Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th May 2016, 11:15   #51
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I don't think so Rich!

Bully, man up, right oh

If you want to chuck insults around be my guest !
Perhaps you should have another read of the thread in the commercial members lounge, it is outright bullying based on no evidence. The traders have practically forced the green team to take action, despite them saying there is no evidence they are trading.

If you aren't going to mention the other non paying traders, perhaps you should let this one go too.
Old 17th May 2016, 11:26   #52
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Another thread on its way to closure.
Old 17th May 2016, 11:28   #53
Vanbursta
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Conn

I have seen this once friendly club descend into bigotry and hatred over the past several months, but I think there may be a new low with the vehemence I have seen toward TOAF. The people who wrote TOAF plainly state that it was created for those areas in europe where T4 was not available, TOAF does not, and will never present a threat to T4 with the exception of a percieved loss of income to some people. Why on earth can't we all just see sense and get along, it is another diagnostic tool, when used in conjunction with T4 it enables us (the enthusiasts) to diagnose our cars more efficiently.

Personally I couldn't care less if they get suspended from this forum, there are others where they are treated with the respect they deserve and as friends not enemies, but I think it does highlight the problems and bias which in turn reflects very poorly on those who persist in their criticism.

Whilst I also agree that anyone who is trading should pay their fees in order to create a level playing field, I also think this has to applied fairly and with a degree of common sense. What about Rovacom, Pscan or any one of the 100s of the scanners available at auction sites, are these percieved as a "threat" too, how far do you want to go?

Every thread I have seen that even mentions TOAF has eventually becoming a slagging match between the people who support it and the people who don't and as a consequence the threads are closed.

As previously stated healthy competition is good, pure hatred and nastiness isn't, surely we can all live and let live, or maybe we are not big enough, or open minded enough to do so.

Finally don't even think of accussing me of being a fanboy one way or another, I have respect for ALL traders and authors of diagnostic software, this isn't about what's the best tool to use, it's about my right as an individual to make a free choice on a forum I like and enjoy.

Last edited by Vanbursta; 17th May 2016 at 11:39..
Old 17th May 2016, 11:33   #54
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Another thread on its way to closure.
I think we need another thread "TOAF TALK AND TOAF USERS"
At this moment there are 2 or 3 threads with TOAF chatter on but ending up with almost fall out`s.
Them peeps that are not using TOAF can keep away or at least leave us to learn and refrain from posting, any off topic posts can get reported to the Mods to deal with
Ken.
Old 17th May 2016, 11:34   #55
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanbursta View Post
I have seen this once friendly club descend into bigotry and hatred over the past several months, but I think there may be a new low with the vehemence I have seen toward TOAF. The people who wrote TOAF plainly state that it was created for those areas in europe where T4 was not available, TOAF does not, and will never present a threat to T4 with the exception of a percieved loss of income to some people. Why on earth can't we all just see sense and get along, it is another diagnostic tool, when used in conjunction with T4 it enables us (the enthusiasts) to diagnose our cars more efficiently.

Personally I couldn't care less if they get suspended from this forum, there are others where they are treated with the respect they deserve and as friends not enemies, but I think it does highlight the problems and bias which in turn reflects very poorly on those who persist in their criticism.

Whilst I also agree that anyone who is trading should pay their fees in order to create a level playing field, I also think this has to applied fairly and with a degree of common sense.

Every thread I have seen that even mentions TOAF has eventually becoming a slagging match between the people who support it and the people who don't and as a consequence the threads are closed.

As previously stated healthy competition is good, pure hatred and nastiness isn't, surely we can all live and let live, or maybe we are not big enough, or open minded enough to do so.

Hi.
One reason I started this thread. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=244918
Perhaps all the wrangling should be there instead!
Old 17th May 2016, 11:45   #56
Vanbursta
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Conn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
I think we need another thread "TOAF TALK AND TOAF USERS"
At this moment there are 2 or 3 threads with TOAF chatter on but ending up with almost fall out`s.
Them peeps that are not using TOAF can keep away or at least leave us to learn and refrain from posting, any off topic posts can get reported to the Mods to deal with
Ken.
Yes I agree totalyy. Lets have a TOAF thread where the mods put all the TOAF how to's /questions / answers in one thread and any post that deviates in that thread just gets deleted, surely this has gone far enough.
Old 17th May 2016, 11:59   #57
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post
Perhaps you should have another read of the thread in the commercial members lounge, it is outright bullying based on no evidence. The traders have practically forced the green team to take action, despite them saying there is no evidence they are trading.

If you aren't going to mention the other non paying traders, perhaps you should let this one go too.
Why should I mention them?

This thread isn't about them, you brought it up.........you do the honours !

Strange how my reading of the commercial forum has many Mods in complete agreement over what was going on but you choose to gloss over that

I have said all along that there is nothing against TOAF or any other such diagnostic tools but if money is changing hands (which it is) then have the good grace to pay the traders subscription.

That goes for anyone doing the same on here, if you wish to name and shame them then that is your choice, may I suggest you start another thread on it though
Old 17th May 2016, 12:06   #58
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Why should I mention them?

This thread isn't about them, you brought it up.........you do the honours !

Strange how my reading of the commercial forum has many Mods in complete agreement over what was going on but you choose to gloss over that

I have said all along that there is nothing against TOAF or any other such diagnostic tools but if money is changing hands (which it is) then have the good grace to pay the traders subscription.

That goes for anyone doing the same on here, if you wish to name and shame them then that is your choice, may I suggest you start another thread on it though
I am not the trader crying about people not paying their fees. Pick on all of them or stop picking on one.

What a complete joke.
Old 17th May 2016, 12:09   #59
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post
I am not the trader crying about people not paying their fees. Pick on all of them or stop picking on one.

What a complete joke.
Yes you are Rich!
An argumentative joke at that !
Old 17th May 2016, 12:22   #60
neilyh
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

hi all.

I have asked the mods to close this thread as its gone completely off topic and away from my OP.

Neil
Closed Thread