Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th May 2016, 08:53   #41
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post
I have stood by the club's decisions for years, as I am sure you well know. This decision is wrong.

The comments I have read that aren't in public view are two faced, pushy, and for the gratification of what seems like 3 or 4 traders, we have lost support of a tool that would help everyone for free.

I appreciate you may see it differently, but that is how I interpret what I have read.
The gratification of three or four traders, well i will hold my hands up to being one of those three, i want the polish guys to pay traders fees. Its as simple as that.
Old 17th May 2016, 09:01   #42
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
The gratification of three or four traders, well i will hold my hands up to being one of those three, i want the polish guys to pay traders fees. Its as simple as that.
Why?

There was so many users who were trading without paying trader fees, but nobody ever made a fuss about them?

I am not naming names, but a particular shed and I will only do 10 a weekend spring to mind.

They were in it for the money, and some still are, but have never paid a trader subscription, why single out the TOAF guys when so many others have paid as little?
Old 17th May 2016, 10:26   #43
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Why?

There was so many users who were trading without paying trader fees, but nobody ever made a fuss about them?

I am not naming names, but a particular shed and I will only do 10 a weekend spring to mind.

They were in it for the money, and some still are, but have never paid a trader subscription, why single out the TOAF guys when so many others have paid as little?
.......Your quite correct in that the rules should be there for everybody Rich.

Trading is trading pure and simple, the reason others have probably gone under the radar is just because they aren't actively promoting it all over the forum with many peeps asking questions so it largely goes unnoticed .

The rules are there and I think everyone should be bound by them in the same manner .
Indeed, many of these other 'non fee paying traders' have been reported in the past for exactly the same reasons.

The forum isn't run for traders and it's doing those traders who have gone above and beyond a great disservice to suggest that it is Rich

Most of us are on here every day answering peeps queries for help and assistance at no financial gain to ourselves .........we do it to the best of our abilities to help fellow members and owners of our fine cars
Old 17th May 2016, 10:36   #44
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
.......Your quite correct in that the rules should be there for everybody Rich.

Trading is trading pure and simple, the reason others have probably gone under the radar is just because they aren't actively promoting it all over the forum with many peeps asking questions so it largely goes unnoticed .

The rules are there and I think everyone should be bound by them in the same manner .
Indeed, many of these other 'non fee paying traders' have been reported in the past for exactly the same reasons.

The forum isn't run for traders and it's doing those traders who have gone above and beyond a great disservice to suggest that it is Rich

Most of us are on here every day answering peeps queries for help and assistance at no financial gain to ourselves .........we do it to the best of our abilities to help fellow members and owners of our fine cars
Still doesn't answer why pick on this individual person who wasn't trading anyway.

Let's have an open discussion about all of them. They all need to pay if we are doing this to one member.
Old 17th May 2016, 10:43   #45
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Still doesn't answer why pick on this individual person who wasn't trading anyway.

Let's have an open discussion about all of them. They all need to pay if we are doing this to one member.
In your opinion he wasn't trading .......in many others opinions they certainly were but doing it via the donate button back door!

If you wish to name others who are doing the same that is entirely your prerogative Rich.
Old 17th May 2016, 10:44   #46
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Quote:
In your opinion he wasn't trading .......in many others opinions they certainly were but doing it via the donate button back door!

If you wish to name others who are doing the same that is entirely your prerogative Rich.
As in the private thread, there is no proof of anyone paying anything, the whole fiasco is a farse.
Old 17th May 2016, 10:57   #47
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
As in the private thread, there is no proof of anyone paying anything, the whole fiasco is a farse.
So all those who paid donations who got their copies of TOAF before everyone else doesn't count then for starters?

I'm not getting involved in an argument with you as clearly we have differing opinions on the matter.

You obviously seem to think the traders are part of this 'mystical cartel' who are protecting their own financial interests over and above the help and commitment of the members and our cars so I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you otherwise .
Old 17th May 2016, 11:02   #48
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Quote:
So all those who paid donations who got their copies of TOAF before everyone else doesn't count then for starters?

I'm not getting involved in an argument with you as clearly we have differing opinions on the matter.

You obviously seem to think the traders are part of this 'mystical cartel' who are protecting their own financial interests over and above the help and commitment of the members and our cars so I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you otherwise .
Copies first for donations? It wasn't no copies for no donations.

You aren't getting involved in an argument because you are wrong.

I don't think there is a mystical cartel, you mentioned that. I do believe that if we are singling out individuals who should pay traders fees, you should man up, and whine about all of the people not paying, instead of hiding behind the other traders who agree in private and pick on one person. That is the actions of bullies.
Old 17th May 2016, 11:12   #49
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Copies first for donations? It wasn't no copies for no donations.

You aren't getting involved in an argument because you are wrong.

I don't think there is a mystical cartel, you mentioned that. I do believe that if we are singling out individuals who should pay traders fees, you should man up, and whine about all of the people not paying, instead of hiding behind the other traders who agree in private and pick on one person. That is the actions of bullies.
I don't think so Rich!

Bully, man up, right oh

If you want to chuck insults around be my guest !
Old 17th May 2016, 11:14   #50
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

I think this is crazy. The most likely thing that will kill off modern classics in a few years time is the complicated electronics and enthusiasts not being able to maintain them, projects like TOAF are essential if the 75/ZT's are going to survive long term. One of the big problems I had when I had the ZS and ZT-T was the lack of a local T4, this meant that repairing the ZS when it had an electrical fault was 100% pure guesswork and luck. Obviously since MGR went down the number of garages with working T4's has declined and discounting a bunch of idiots there are no T4 services local to me, so in that instance an alternative would have been awesome. The fact that they are prepared to put the time and effort into writing this software, which is no mean feat should be recognised and applauded and I think it's very counter productive to turn them away.