Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2016, 08:29   #21
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post
Well, there you go, I paid the trader fees, I have read what is there, and while I of course will keep that private, what a sorry read that was.
Spoilsport, does that mean I have to become a trader again to find out

Joking aside, I have no problem, and I do mean no problem with TOAF, simply the fact that they were trying to circumvent the trader system on this forum.

There has to be a level playing field for all, and despite the fact that the TOAF chaps seem to think that anyone with a T4 is simply "milking" fellow owners, I don't bear them any malice whatsoever.

I don't need to use TOAF, for any reason personally for obvious reasons, however not everyone is in as fortunate a position as me to have access to T4.

Both systems can (and should) be able to run alongside one another in complete harmony, but there needs to be an attitude change for that to happen

I rather think though that enough has been said on the subject for the time being

Brian
Old 16th May 2016, 08:33   #22
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Nothing wrong with healthy and legitimate competition Trevor.

Something we all have to deal with in business
Absolutely Jeff.
In the TV trade there was so many engineers that did home jobs and charge a fiver or a tenner that legitimate businesses like myself had folk coming in saying Joe down the road will do it cheaper than you can, I didn't stand a chance with all the expenses running a shop and not fixing the sets on the kitchen table or the customers floor!
Don't get me wrong I see what you are saying but right now the damage is done, so where do we go from here?
Old 16th May 2016, 08:44   #23
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Absolutely Jeff.
In the TV trade there was so many engineers that did home jobs and charge a fiver or a tenner that legitimate businesses like myself had folk coming in saying Joe down the road will do it cheaper than you can, I didn't stand a chance with all the expenses running a shop and not fixing the sets on the kitchen table or the customers floor!
Don't get me wrong I see what you are saying but right now the damage is done, so where do we go from here?
I would hope that the TOAF guys reflect on things and rejoin but paying their dues .........perhaps they and the other T4 operators could eventually work together in some capacity or other that would be to the benefit of all
Old 16th May 2016, 08:49   #24
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Spoilsport, does that mean I have to become a trader again to find out

Joking aside, I have no problem, and I do mean no problem with TOAF, simply the fact that they were trying to circumvent the trader system on this forum.

There has to be a level playing field for all, and despite the fact that the TOAF chaps seem to think that anyone with a T4 is simply "milking" fellow owners, I don't bear them any malice whatsoever.

I don't need to use TOAF, for any reason personally for obvious reasons, however not everyone is in as fortunate a position as me to have access to T4.

Both systems can (and should) be able to run alongside one another in complete harmony, but there needs to be an attitude change for that to happen

I rather think though that enough has been said on the subject for the time being

Brian
For the peanuts it costs, it is helpful to see all sides of people. Some threads in there would cause havoc if they got out!
Old 16th May 2016, 08:52   #25
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
For the peanuts it costs, it is helpful to see all sides of people. Some threads in there would cause havoc if they got out!
Yes this is true I do miss the Commercial Members Lounge decor, but I'm quite happy at the moment not being bombarded with a squillion PM's Rich

Brian
Old 16th May 2016, 10:25   #26
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Unfortunately Rich as your not a trader anymore you are not privy to what has been said about loss of income by traders in private.

I agree that the product as such is good and could be of benefit, what I don't agree with is them pretending it is free whilst taking donations and not paying traders fees on here like everyone else who trades has to
I have been a trader for some time and not been privy to these conversations, so what does this say about paying traders fees? If someone could fill me in that would be interesting
Kind regards mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Old 16th May 2016, 10:34   #27
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
I have been a trader for some time and not been privy to these conversations, so what does this say about paying traders fees? If someone could fill me in that would be interesting
Kind regards mick
I think you have to be either silver or gold trader status to use the commercial lounge......I maybe wrong though
Old 16th May 2016, 10:37   #28
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
Kind regards mick
Hi.
You need to pay more than the basic rate to be allowed into the traders lounge. Reminds me of first and third class rail travel! It's one thing that should be open to all trader subs levels!
Old 16th May 2016, 10:47   #29
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Quote:
There Will be a mad rush of folk paying silver rates for a month for a butcher's!
Old 16th May 2016, 20:14   #30
neilyh
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

Blimey - got quite excited when I logged on tonight and saw 3 pages of responses to my initial post - little did I release that WWW3 had broken out (again) on the back of my post.

Sorry if I have offended any registered traders or long standing members- my post was made in the search for a simple answer....I have made contact with Phil-T4 and will get my BBUS swapped out on the proper manner.

Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilyh View Post
Evening all.

Looking to retrofit a mk1 headlight washer setup. Any suggestions on what ZCS coding is needed to swap out the BBUS using TOAF please?

Thanks in advance.

Neil
Closed Thread