Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2016, 08:12   #11
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
I really don't know what to say about this fiasco, I'm between the devil and the deep blue sea!
The fact that TOAF has been discussed so much just about everyone and their aunt has downloaded it.
If it has effected the work the traders get then the damage is already done, possibly by niggling from both sides.
I feel the attitude from our Polish "friends" hasn't got off to a good start, I cannot accept they don't have a good reason to even subscribe to the club, ten measly pounds isn't a lot to ask is it?
I'm on the fence though regarding Traders fees and if the whole package is genuinely free without donations for unlocking certain features then its a very grey area!
Like I have said TOAF has been discussed a lot here and members can still download it even if the Polish chaps are banned.

What bugs me most is the scaremongering about "Bricking" cars & ECU's with Toaf,
I asked already how many cars and ECU's have been bricked, I got zero replies so perhaps a poll should be done and if there was any problem perhaps the members could answer the question, how did you get the problem initially, how did you resolve it and did you have to get a T4 operator to fix the problem.
These questions must be asked and answered in a truthful manner.
I wish though all this wrangling would stop and that's from both sides.

Incidentally the theft of Remaps is not on and if true I would not support TOAF at all. If they do their own without using maps from X part or the T4 guys well I am afraid it's down to competition but again these need to be FOC, one little thing that is chargeable then Traders fees must be paid, no argument!

Last edited by murphyv310; 16th May 2016 at 08:18..
Old 16th May 2016, 08:15   #12
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
It is a sorry read, we have lost one trader because of it and others may or may not follow !

These peeps have been part of the life blood of the forum and have got many a member out of a hole with their help (much of it unpaid)

Do we really want to lose this ?
I know I don't.

Having said that progress is good and so long as they follow the rules set down for all of us on here then all is fair and maybe the guys could all work together for the better good of all concerned
That's not how I read what is in that thread.
Old 16th May 2016, 08:17   #13
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post
That's not how I read what is in that thread.
It's certainly how I read it !
Old 16th May 2016, 08:18   #14
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
It is a sorry read, we have lost one trader because of it and others may or may not follow !
}
Who left because of it?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Old 16th May 2016, 08:19   #15
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

I find it a real shame really because it's a part of my auto knowledge that was sadly lacking & I would have loved to have got stuck in learning it (I still will, just somewhere else) The TOAF knowledge base is now fragmented around different sites which isn't ideal for any 75 owner looking for info but I do respect the clubs stance & everyone's views on the matter.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Old 16th May 2016, 08:20   #16
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I find it a real shame really because it's a part of my auto knowledge that was sadly lacking & I would have loved to have got stuck in learning it (I still will, just somewhere else) The TOAF knowledge base is now fragmented around different sites which isn't ideal for any 75 owner looking for info but I do respect the clubs stance & everyone's views on the matter.
All they had to do was pay a basic traders fee and then we wouldn't be having these conversations Ian
Old 16th May 2016, 08:21   #17
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
Who left because of it?
I'll leave that to the person in question to answer if they so wish .
Old 16th May 2016, 08:24   #18
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
All they had to do was pay a basic traders fee and then we wouldn't be having these conversations Ian
Yes but Jeff it actually could have effected the T4 lads even more, at least right now with all the wrangling that's going on some may have avoided TOAF, paying traders fees is an endorsement from the club now isn't it?
Old 16th May 2016, 08:25   #19
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi.
I really don't know what to say about this fiasco, I'm between the devil and the deep blue sea!
The fact that TOAF has been discussed so much just about everyone and their aunt has downloaded it.
If it has effected the work the traders get then the damage is already done, possibly by niggling from both sides.
I feel the attitude from our Polish "friends" hasn't got off to a good start, I cannot accept they don't have a good reason to even subscribe to the club, ten measly pounds isn't a lot to ask is it?
I'm on the fence though regarding Traders fees and if the whole package is genuinely free without donations for unlocking certain features then its a very grey area!
Like I have said TOAF has been discussed a lot here and members can still download it even if the Polish chaps are banned.

What bugs me most is the scaremongering about "Bricking" cars & ECU's with Toaf,
I asked already how many cars and ECU's have been bricked, I got zero replies so perhaps a poll should be done and if there was any problem perhaps the members could answer the question, how did you get the problem initially, how did you resolve it and did you have to get a T4 operator to fix the problem.
These questions must be asked and answered in a truthful manner.
I wish though all this wrangling would stop and that's from both sides.

Incidentally the theft of Remaps is not on and if true I would not support TOAF at all. If they do their own without using maps from X part or the T4 guys well I am afraid it's down to competition but again these need to be FOC, one little thing that is chargeable then Traders fees must be paid, no argument!
No scaremongering from me Trevor,

My entire argument has been about advertising a (not quite free) product without paying traders fees in direct competition to those that are paying to advertise their products/services .
I will never understand how this is seen as fair
Old 16th May 2016, 08:27   #20
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Yes but Jeff it actually could have effected the T4 lads even more, at least right now with all the wrangling that's going on some may have avoided TOAF, paying traders fees is an endorsement from the club now isn't it?
Nothing wrong with healthy and legitimate competition Trevor.

Something we all have to deal with in business