Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd May 2016, 17:55   #121
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by longer86 View Post
ZCS are codes which are only usefull to t4, when t4 are connected it knew car config and writing configuration to modules. If you haven't got zcs, t4 do nothing, because dont know what to do...

Second question... For now you dont have to do backup, because toaf do it automatically... I hope I helped you in this two cases
so if you update your car with new features like ultrasonic alarm, high line IPK, rain sensing wipers, xenon's, self levelling lights, headlight wash, FBH etc.etc. then it is best to keep the zcs up to date in case you need a professional diagnostic session or if there is some insurance / legal investigation into the car for any reason....?
Old 2nd May 2016, 17:56   #122
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Hi Richard
Is there something everyone should know?
No damage should occur to any equipment T4 or otherwise due to soldering pin 7 and 8 on a lead (not the socket)
I would also add that if someone is willing to plug a diagnostic unit into. Car and charge for it he or she should have the relevant insurance (or know how)to put it right be it the car or the equipment damaged
Regards
Steve
Hi Steve.
As Brian says nothing to do with Toaf, down to the owner of the car fiddling around with things that he has no idea of. Sadly Brian has had equipment damaged by someone being economical with the truth!
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:07   #123
Walter
Posted a thing or two

zebadee

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi Steve.
As Brian says nothing to do with Toaf, down to the owner of the car fiddling around with things that he has no idea of. Sadly Brian has had equipment damaged by someone being economical with the truth!
Trevor Get your facts right before making accusations of someone being economical with truth, the T4 disc was corrupted, that was reason , then someone smashed T4 machine into boot of car at 20 feet, wonder if this was how T4 machine was damaged .
Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:11   #124
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by A19_Graham View Post
That is up for debate.
It's not up for debate TBH as it's firmly the owner of the car that has done it wrong. Brian or any other operator would never know of this unless informed.

The same procedure of bridging pins will apply to BMW Scanner, Phils IPK & VT4 as well as TOAF. The problem is with the car owner for not being truthful, Poor Brian is the looser and some will jump on the bandwagon blaming TOAF but its certainly not their or Brians fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter View Post
Trevor Get your facts right before making accusations of someone being economical with truth, the T4 disc was corrupted, that was reason , then someone smashed T4 machine into boot of car at 20 feet, wonder if this was how T4 machine was damaged .
Walter I have no idea what you are talking about?? A corrupt disc cannot and doesn't cause a burn up!
So are you saying it was your car?

Last edited by Dragrad; 7th May 2016 at 23:53.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)
murphyv310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:20   #125
Walter
Posted a thing or two

zebadee

Exclamation

Quote:
Walter I have no idea what you are talking about?? A corrupt disc cannot and doesn't cause a burn up!
So are you saying it was your car?
If its one Brian was talking about--Yes-- he tried twice to run remap disc, it did not run, he took cd drive out of T4 machine, threw it into a field, the slammed his T4 machine into his car, screeched off then wondered why his machine was damaged I have never messed about with any devices, trying to plug into my car, as it has only had 2 owners and one was a vet cant see it beinf Toaf or anything else done to car .
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:25   #126
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Just out of interest, why is toaf getting all this grief?

After all when it comes to trading without paying...... Fingers could be pointed elsewhere to the tune of much higher monetary values.

It benefits everyone, even the T4 operators as it does things T4 cannot. So T4 guys can charge for using the toaf interface too.

Why are we not supporting this as an owners club? Work like this should be applauded. After all, other people sell things here that help everyone and don't pay trader fees.

Group hug?
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:27   #127
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter View Post
If its one Brian was talking about--Yes-- he tried twice to run remap disc, it did not run, he took cd drive out of T4 machine, threw it into a field, the slammed his T4 machine into his car, screeched off then wondered why his machine was damaged I have never messed about with any devices, trying to plug into my car, as it has only had 2 owners and one was a vet cant see it beinf Toaf or anything else done to car .
Hi
As we are both electronics engineers we discussed what had happened, I had no idea of whose car it was but I was told that the T4 machine was ruined by 12 v on a 5 v line caused by the socket being interfered with. This has caused a burn up in the machine, not necessarily seen straight away. I was also told that the owner did say he'd been fiddling with the socket.
I didn't mention any names on here but you've jumped down my throat for no reason, which I take exception to.
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:33   #128
Walter
Posted a thing or two

zebadee

Quote:

Hi
As we are both electronics engineers we discussed what had happened, I had no idea of whose car it was but I was told that the T4 machine was ruined by 12 v on a 5 v line caused by the socket being interfered with. This has caused a burn up in the machine, not necessarily seen straight away. I was also told that the owner did say he'd been fiddling with the socket.
I didn't mention any names on here but you've jumped down my throat for no reason, which I take exception to.
I was watching the T4 session on my car, it had not been messed about till that T4 session, if machine was damaged at Carters Bar it was the rough treatment of the operator not my car, don't think these T4 machine can be slammed into boot of car at distance and be expected to work, believe ex trader trying to link his damaged machine to this toaf apparatus but I have never seen toaf ,definetly never used on my car, so information you quoted is wrong without doubt Trevor.
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:34   #129
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post
Just out of interest, why is toaf getting all this grief?

Group hug?
Daveluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:37   #130
longer86
Taking time out

R75

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy.com View Post
so if you update your car with new features like ultrasonic alarm, high line IPK, rain sensing wipers, xenon's, self levelling lights, headlight wash, FBH etc.etc. then it is best to keep the zcs up to date in case you need a professional diagnostic session or if there is some insurance / legal investigation into the car for any reason....?
I don't know if I well understand you.
So I will give an example...
You have only from electro windows, you retrofitted rear electric motors, turned them on in Toaf coding, but you dont changed zcs that you have 4 electric windows. Everything works well, until you connect t4. T4 will read zcs and write proper zcs coded configuration. after session, your rear windows will not working anymore, because t4 writes config using zcs...
longer86 is offline   Reply With Quote