Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st April 2016, 12:19   #21
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by championdaddy View Post
Not sure what the problem is ???

It has the genuine Rover rubber mats in........worth every penny !!
Those and the delaminating number plate and the incorrectly fitted rear seat base.
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 12:22   #22
aguy
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6

I think in the real world, all this level headed accountancy is totally meaningless.

Every top of the range Range Rover or Merc etc., will lose this kind of money within a very short time of being driven from the dealer but it never stopped people from buying them.

Hands up all you folk who, like me bought a MGR for around £1500 then proceeded to invest as much again to get the car to exactly how you wanted it?

So I have £3000 in mine, I won't ever get it back, I don't want it back. I enjoy what I have. Would I buy this car in question? No. But I would never berate the seller or the buyer who might fall in love with it and pay over the odds.
It happens all the time in every walk of life.
Old 21st April 2016, 12:24   #23
johnnyb44

Rover 75

Do you think that classic Rovers may eventually increase in price a lot more now that they are no more. God I wish I hung on to my Capri..It would of been worth a small fortune now.
Old 21st April 2016, 12:30   #24
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

I find it offensive to be honest.

I saw a 75 for sale recently, over £10,000 and it had kerbed wheels and a filthy engine bay.

Maybe my expectations of what you should expect when paying well over the odds for one of these cars is different to everyone else's?

At the very least I would expect them to be 100% damage free, mint condition, a service stamp in the book for every year it has been out of the factory and for it to be clean!

To be honest on top of that I would expect it to be original. Not messed with, no bad paint job or aftermarket anything.

These adverts for frankly rubbish cars at top prices making a mockery of our cars which are in most cases better anyway.
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 13:28   #25
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post

I saw a 75 for sale recently, over £10,000 and it had kerbed wheels and a filthy engine bay.

Maybe my expectations of what you should expect when paying well over the odds for one of these cars is different to everyone else's?

At the very least I would expect them to be 100% damage free, mint condition, a service stamp in the book for every year it has been out of the factory and for it to be clean!

To be honest on top of that I would expect it to be original. Not messed with, no bad paint job or aftermarket anything.

These adverts for frankly rubbish cars at top prices making a mockery of our cars which are in most cases better anyway.

I agree, there is no shortage of good cars available for far less money, and if I wanted one as a museum piece, that one has far too many miles on the clock.
Someone asked how old, to be worth that sort of money, however, it's not about age, it's all about supply and demand, so how long until there are perhaps less than 1000 worldwide. Or put another way, more people on this forum than there are cars. Then original factory spec will become all important, and finding a car that has been well preserved, and not messed about with, will be like finding a hens tooth.
Fair enough, if you can afford to store that car away in a suitable environment, it might well be just what a future collector is looking for, but on the other hand, with inadequate storage, 20 or so years from now, I t might equally have rusted away by then.
Polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 13:34   #26
Sidetops

Land Rover Freelander 2

Don't knock the price, it only serves to help raise the values!
Sidetops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 14:02   #27
Bigcul1
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Con SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post

Why get so worked up? If it sells for that price it sells. If it doesnt it doesnt. All the dealer is doing is starting from the top and probably working backwards. Same as what anybody would do surely? If a dealer does not present the car properly then the sale has less chance. More fool them. I find no problem whatsoever for this advert and this price. If there is a willing buyer the rest is irrelevant.
Bigcul1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 14:48   #28
Fifer
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE + 1947 Morris 8

For that sort of asking price I would have thought that there would be at least one picture of the engine bay.

I wonder how much the original owner got for it? Not anywhere near as much as that I bet.

Fifer.
Fifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 15:27   #29
jonathan63
This is my second home

CDTi Conniosseur SE HLNav Tourer and a Personal Line CDT Conniosseur SE Tourer..for the time being.

At first sight I thought, here we go, must be the last 75 to leave Longbridge. They didn't even have time to put the finish colour paint on it before the plant shut down. Then I saw it was a 2000 reg.
jonathan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 16:33   #30
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifer View Post

I wonder how much the original owner got for it? Not anywhere near as much as that I bet.

Fifer.
£500-£700 if he was lucky
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote