Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd April 2012, 19:18   #11
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

I have a spare set of front pads and bigger discs new available. They are minted pads and lbp discs. Brand new.

Last edited by Departed 32016; 22nd April 2012 at 19:58..
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2012, 19:37   #12
Tinyflier
Avid contributor

ZT 190+ 2.5 V6

I had Black Diamond (grooved) discs and their Predator pads fitted all round recently (courtesy of MotoBuild). Not the cheapest solution but they are very good indeed. Progressive and strong and perform very well from cold.

David
Tinyflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 07:26   #13
Trophy Blue Tourer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T Trophy Blue CDTI

I fitted Black Diamond front discs and pads last march (2010) also from moto build !

I had some credit with him after returning suspension and brake parts that I had never got around to fitting to my R800 vitesse - I had them in the garage for 12 months or more!! - so Kudos to Darren at motobuild for doing the swap!! - you couldnt ask for a more helpfull guy!!

That was around the 131/132K miles mark (mot time so it stuck in my mind)I've just popped out and had a squint at them and the pads are only about 35/40% worn and ive just clocked up 152K milage so I'd say they seem to wear well!! and only just starting to show the slightest sign of a wear ridge on the disc now!!

As Tinyflier say's they work well from cold and will provide progressive (and massive if you want/need it) braking!! - I barely need to rest my foot on the pedal and tense it in normal braking it really is that good!! also the black finish is still evident on the hub and there isnt much evidence of any rust !!

For the rears I went to MTEK for the disc/pad set!! also very pleased!! no rust showing and about 25% wear (guess!! - might be slightly less worn) fitted at the same time - IMPORTANT NOTE!!! the black finish on the MTEK discs is a high temp paint which the pads take off in a couple of days or so!! but DONT FORGET TO REMOVE THE PAINT FROM THE HANDBRAKE SHOE WEAR AREA!!!! or you will be doing the job again very quickly!!
just don't ask how I know!!

Noise/dust? no noise/squeals from either end although the fronts give quite a nice just audible "wiere" if your braking hard - dust is less than normal if anything although you do of course still get it!!

Cost's !! front's were about the £130-ish mark and the rear's (vented)about £85/90-ish - I think!! (I'd recomend you opt for the black finish on the MTEK's - Standard on the Black Diamonds) thats for a disc/pad set in both case's - were they worth it/would I recomend them?? - OH YES !!!!

Living in Milton Keynes they do get used fairly hard (the land of roundabouts and duel carridgeways I do so enjoy out braking youngsters in there "proformance cars" and a few BM's-Audi's etc!!)

HTH???

Andy

P.S a couple of pics from the conversion last year!!
P.P.S !! you get what you pay for!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brake conver (31).jpg (128.8 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg Brake conver (24).jpg (134.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Brake conver (36).jpg (133.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Brake conver (35).jpg (132.4 KB, 48 views)
Trophy Blue Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 12:33   #14
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Are those braided lines I see?

Those look sexy, I have to say...
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 20:50   #15
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Ok, they look awesome... but are £189, just for the discs Can't really justify that...
Old 25th April 2012, 09:37   #16
Trophy Blue Tourer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T Trophy Blue CDTI

The hose's are Black Diamond as well as it happens!! - also from motobuild!!

I just had a look on his web site and your right the prices have shot up a bit!!

I would try giving him a ring though and see if you can have a go at asking for some discount!! - try the old im writing this up on the owners club site gambit and see if he will flex a bit !!! i'd go for discs and pads for the same price as the discs personaly!! particualy if your thinking of getting the (stainless) flex hoses as well !! - I sent old hoses to black diamond direct to get the correct sizes IIRC !!

Having had the Black Diamond discs and pads on now I dont know if I would fit anything less err "reputable" to be honest!! - I do know I would hate to save money and lose the brakes I have now!!

Its already looking as if the pads will have a 40/50k mile life span and the discs probably twice that and as im planing to keep the car long term I think that is probably best value for money way to go!!

Umm I think you know what i'm trying to say!! LOL! - i will get off me soapbox now!!

Andy
Trophy Blue Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 09:57   #17
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Out of interest, roughly how much did you pay for the front discs / pads & hoses, so I know what to be aiming for?
Old 25th April 2012, 10:02   #18
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

hiya i just got new discs and pads for the £100 mark mintex brand tho the pads sent where wrong.190 hoses are showing out of stock on eurocar parts rimmers dont have any.anyway found some genuine ones on the bay for £29.99 the pair posted they have one set left btw.as for discs with 30%of at the mo i think go eurocar parts for pagid or ate
Old 25th April 2012, 15:01   #19
car13
Avid contributor

MGZT road MGZR wifes & MGZS race car

Default Brakes

Have to say I have no issue with ebc I use there oem discs and pads on all my MG's over the years. I also use there groove and dimpled on my race car with yellow pads.

We have no fade on them but thats because we use ebc high temp fluid. It amazes me how many are still driving there road cars on original fluid. Its a service item and should be changed every 2 years as it absorbs water and the fade you get it the fluid boiling. Best improvement you can do to any car for performance is change roll bar bushes and brake fluid (standard is fine and not expensive) and it will transform any car.

That aside EBC in my mind offer great products.

Stopping power is relative we push 230 bhp out of ZS which is 1100 kilos with driver. We will get through 2 sets of fronts and 1 rears a season which is about 20 hours running. We use there blue pad for enduro work which are great and we have run 19 hours on fronts. But with any more aggressive pad they will eat disks.

If you are stuck I bought for my CDTI ZT a full set of EBC oem front dics rear vented (they are more money as dont sell many) the solid is widely used on other cars) rear shoe front and rear pads yours for £200 all boxed ready to go + postage

Last edited by car13; 25th April 2012 at 15:03..
car13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 16:35   #20
MisterTomez
Gets stuck in

'00 BMW 535i Auto M-Sport, '99 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto

I've gone from Black Diamond discs which were good although extremely expensive to Mintex discs and pads (£100 altogether) and while they're perhaps not as good as that, there's no squeaking and neither do they fade with exuberant driving. Unfortunately 190 discs whatever brand seem to be at least twice the price of the standard size.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Trimmed like a first class cabin on the Titanic...before it sank." ---------- "The LPG'd, civilized psychopath."
MisterTomez is offline   Reply With Quote