Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th October 2010, 13:14   #1
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts
Default The 2010 NEC Classic Motor Show

I can now finally release an update on the state of play regarding this imminent event....The Rover 75 and MG ZT Owners Club will be at the NEC Classic Car Show 2010.

The Club's involvement was the brain child of Pete one of the Directors, and it was his self appointed task to follow through all the planning and preparation thereof, but as many of you will be only too aware, he has not been on-line since 30th August 2010, moreover he has not responded to emails, text messages or phone calls from any of the Club team, including the other Director Christopher.

After weeks of failed attempts to reach him, Christopher physically drove to his house to try and find him, which he did, and to the great relief of the rest of the team discovered him to be alive and well

For very personal and private reasons which he made clear to his fellow Director, reasons that have also been explained to me as Lead Moderator, It is my sad duty to report that Pete will no longer be playing an active part in the day to day running of these forums.

His duties and responsibilities have, by mutual agreement, been handed over to Christopher, and that includes what progress had been made regarding the NEC Event.

So to the matter in hand then, I and the rest of the team are working feverishly to get our presence at the show to be as rewarding as possible in the time remaining, and for all those who have been patiently waiting (as have we) for word of the event we truly apologise for the lengthy delay.

The public opening times for the event are:

Friday 1000 – 1900hrs
Saturday 0930 – 1900hrs
Sunday: 0930 – 1730hrs

The Club can be found at Stand No: 3C350 in Hall 3. Over the 3 days the event is running, the following team members have confirmed they will be present:

Christopher
Reebs
Dragrad
Phil
Sworks

Others may join, existing commitments depending.

We have a stand which is 4m x 30m, and has enough room to accommodate three vehicles.

Pete had originally stated that the club's S Reg Car would be present, that will not be the case I have to report. It is not in a fit state to be displayed currently, even as 'a work in progress', further more additional work is required to make it road legal to drive.

Also, the 'special car' that Pete eluded to will not be present, I regret to report. This he had hoped to have been the record breaking 200mph MGZT-T development car.

The cars you will be able to see displayed however will consist of the following:

1) A Dover White Rover 75 Club SE Diesel Tourer belonging to club member djw40

2) A Platinum Gold Rover 75 Connoisseur SE Long Wheelbase Limousine belonging to Jezzer 1

3) My Monogram Lagoon Supertalic MG ZT 180 SE Sports Auto

With these examples we believe we have a good representation of vehicle designs across the marque, with a Mark 1 Rover 75 with cloth interior, a Facelift Premium Grille Rover 75 Mark 2 with leather interior, and a fully loaded Monogram MG ZT with a rare cream leather sports interior.

We would like to sincerely thank both Dave (djw40) and Jeremy (Jezzer1) for the use of their vehicles, and you will be able to see them both there over the course of the three days too

The question of ticket price continues to be a very difficult issue to resolve, the NEC state in their exhibitor guide that a discount is available for Car Club members, and Pete stated such in his original thread, but I am still awaiting confirmation of this from the NEC, but thought it better to post now, rather than delay further, any update I will of course bring to you all in this thread.

We would dearly like to meet as many club members as can make the event, although we quite understand that at this late stage it will be difficult for some to commit, and I can only apologise again for that. In any event at least any non club members attending the show will be able to see some examples of our cars in the flesh, which has to be a good thing.
Old 29th October 2010, 21:41   #2
92 squadron
Drink 92 SQUADRON BEER

Jaguar X Type 2.2 SE Diesel estate Mem No789

See my earlier post for discounts
Old 29th October 2010, 21:57   #3
Wolves 75
I really should get out more.......

75 connoisseur SE CDTi

Well that's a relief, would have hated seeing an empty stand, well done Reebs, myself, WIDELOAD, and woolysox will see you on the Friday........

Old 29th October 2010, 22:26   #4
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Good choice of cars,nice to see the club represented at this years show.

I'm hoping to get along at some point.

Old 29th October 2010, 22:39   #5
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

Excellent, I'm off work that week, I'll have a run down on the Friday. Thoroughly enjoyed my last trip there.

Anyone thats not been before, wear some comfy shoes!
Old 30th October 2010, 07:07   #6
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Thumbs up

I must say a thank you to both Christopher and Paul for sorting this mess out To Christopher with his problems to go and dive over to Pete's to find what is going on and to Paul for all the chasing around that he must have done Perhaps now Christopher has broken the ice so to speak we will see him back on line again Well done to both of you
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
Old 30th October 2010, 07:49   #7
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

i am glad there is movement on this

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible

Last edited by starbug2; 30th October 2010 at 07:50.. Reason: spelling
Old 30th October 2010, 08:19   #8
djw40
Gets stuck in

Ford Kuga

From a personal point of view I am very pleased to have been asked to represent the club and I am looking forward immensely to the weekend and meeting as many members as possible.

Dave

Last edited by djw40; 30th October 2010 at 08:55.. Reason: Spelling
Old 30th October 2010, 08:30   #9
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

i'm hoping to attend this event,owing to my location i require the friday off work to travel down..should be a formality.

this should be a great event and a brilliant venue,also hoping to meet as many members as possible.
Old 30th October 2010, 12:34   #10
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

I will be going on the Friday too, it is a great show and if you can get there at all you will not be disappointed