Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th July 2023, 08:41   #1
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Alternative European source brushes

Fitted another fan last weekend, number 16 perhaps, and performed a PM on the old 3 speed motor, sure enough one brush totally missing. Sadly my Germain source no longer list brushes for the 75 but a local member found and fitted these: https://www.startmotor.se/sok/?submi...BR7hHjTH7IsL98

A new website is under construction with a view to providing an alternative in English at some later date.

They are the same dimension as the German ones, meaning ever so slightly oversized, but easily “adjusted” within 2 minutes with sandpaper. The retainers are interesting, I’ve not seen them yet but on occasion I’ve been concerned about the solder I’ve been using. Perhaps it might be possible to use a tiny self tapping screw, with a blob of solder on the top.

And more good news, these come in a packet of two, will ship anywhere in Europe, including UK, price includes VAT @ 25% but obviously postage will be added. Finally the price, about £10 (for 2) - or of course you could buy from ECP at £27 per brush + some ridiculous postage charges.
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2023, 13:03   #2
daveo138
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

They look interesting.

Microsoft's 'Edge' translation isn't the best, I'm afraid!

daveo138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2023, 14:45   #3
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveo138 View Post
They look interesting.

Microsoft's 'Edge' translation isn't the best, I'm afraid!

I'm sure you get the gist though. Swedes use the same word to describe carbon and coal, which I suppose is right, even Germans use the same kol but with a slightly different spelling.

But for us in Europe or rather the EU, I welcome this alternative to the money grabbing ECP, must work out a darn sight cheaper even for the domestic (UK) market.

An English version of the website is planned for later this year, but if anyone needs help ordering I'll gladly help, very gladly as it would deprive ECP of profits

Regards
Old 12th October 2023, 13:04   #4
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

An update, as the Swedish carbon brush source has a new website and the old link doesn't work.

New link: https://www.startmotor.se/produkt/82...12v,-20x10x5mm

Price still approx £10 for 2 carbon brushes, which experience tells me is all you'll need for a fan motor repair, includes VAT but not postage, but willing to ship all over Europe.

The note I added earlier about ECP's prices is still very valid.

Regards