Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th April 2016, 10:05   #1
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts
Default "Benefit help for all"

Last month one member here was in a turmoil about his benefits, I passed on this link for him and anyone else, so In case you missed it here it is again:

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

Anyone, on any benefit can gain a lot of useful information from browsing this site. If you sign up you will get a monthly news email, you can also pay to subscribe and get more access (similar to here) you do not have to pay.
You never know when you might need some good honest advice.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 18:15   #2
kc13661
I really should get out more.......

Freelander Td4

It's a shame that so much is available to those on Benefits, yet those that work every day get nothing.

Before anyone starts a verbal war, I know there are genuine people that are entitled to benefits but so many people out there that do not want to work and are happy to live off benefits, especially when so much is available to them.

Suppose we will plod along and continue to contribute our taxes to enable this.......

Growing old is compulsory.... Growing up is Optional
kc13661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 19:28   #3
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc13661 View Post
It's a shame that so much is available to those on Benefits, yet those that work every day get nothing.

Before anyone starts a verbal war, I know there are genuine people that are entitled to benefits but so many people out there that do not want to work and are happy to live off benefits, especially when so much is available to them.

Suppose we will plod along and continue to contribute our taxes to enable this.......

You'd never have written THAT post if you were in my position!: mad:
Hopefully you have perfect health all your life and can put your finger up at those that need help.

I worked for 46 years and now get a drip feed from the DWP the way I have been treated is abysmal.

Letter back from the DWP today states that they have reviewed my case and have to remain in the work activity group of ESA, that's after submitting a letter from cardiology confirming my double bypass was to be done on 30/3/16, I have a degenerated left knee and am getting counselling for mental health issues.

I tell you once better I am campaigning for better care and support in society and will join anything to stop the discrimination of those that cannot help the situation they are in.
The country, society and prejudices from people stink!

Last edited by murphyv310; 6th April 2016 at 19:43..
murphyv310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 19:37   #4
steveo

None

Default Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hopefully you have perfect health all your life and can put your finger up at those that need help.

I worked for 46 years and now get a drip feed from the DWP the way I have been treated is abysmal.
Hi Trevor
Well said sir !!

I wonder if the same comment (second post) would have been made if anyone other than Ken had posted ,Doubtful
Thank you for trying to help the people that need it Ken
Regards
Steve
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 19:41   #5
freck
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post

I think that's a little harsh Trevor. I think what Keith was trying to say is that it's a disgrace that someone such as yourself who has contributed all their life struggles to get the help they need when they need it, whereas there are those who have not paid in all their life, or indeed at all, who seem to be given everything.
My sympathies are with you, I've recently returned to work after 7 months off after an accident, and it's only because I had to due to my statutory sick pay being stopped.

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more

This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers
freck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 19:58   #6
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Quote:

So I have both asbergers syndrome, a neurological condition, PTSD and psychosis (which I have regular attacks of), I have narcolepsy and sleep paralysis, a minor heart condition and regularly have lungs condition, which makes it occasionally extremely difficult to breath. I also have a condition called SUNDS which I let you do your own research into what that is!

I claim benefits and have had these reduced over the years to such a level which It is hard to live on them on the moeny I get and living day to day life. I have yearly medical checks which cause untold stress to me and have caused me it have relapses of my psychosis on a few occasions, and the stress is not good for my cardiac stability.

I get flack most days whenever I mention im on benefits to people, mainly because I'm not in wheelchair and don't have a physical abdomity. I'm glad you can work, I would have love to have been born to be able to work, as being without work is extremely boring and finding things to do with my condition is very restrictive, even leaving the house is a chore. But here's my story and too me and my friends which are in similar situations with their day to day lives, but I have to get on with it and with all the cuts and clamping down on scroungers it means that I have excess worry to worry about every single year and every time someone which works finds out im on benefits.

My carer drives for me because my medication makes me so dopey that I can't drive myself and without the medication I would be in a very nasty place. I part own the rover 75 and am driven around, but again I would love to drive myself and have the freedom but that won't happen in this lifetime because i'm disabled and out of all the struggles I have in my day to day life the most thing I hate is comments like the one above!

I know me telling the boards I have these issue will cause a fire storm but I tell you this I grow tired of caring or giving a tosh because so many people in my life have hammered me into the ground and it is not fair at all, in the slightest bit!.
Old 6th April 2016, 19:58   #7
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by freck View Post
I think that's a little harsh Trevor.
No I don't actually think it's harsh.
A report done last year for the govt actually stated that claimants who were known (or thought to) to be "working" the system accounted to be a very small percentage indeed.
Even the some in the DWP will tell you that if you are honest you have no chance of passing a health assessment.

My big gripe is in how unfair the system is. I have now no savings left, I got no help with transportation for hospital costs nor any other help toward getting to appointments (60 mile round trip) or anything toward my wife's expenses, right now she is on hold looking after me!
Old 6th April 2016, 20:21   #8
buckyhill
Loves to post

mg ztt and mg rv8 and mgtf

I had a quadruple bypass 5 years ago and paid for it privately. After I returned home in the bumf that I got it explained that I was entitled to a benefit, well I have paid all my life and thought it was about time I got something back. I sent of my claims form and received £60 pounds a week. The surgeon who had done 2500 bypass operations told me I needed time to recover and signed me of for six weeks and sent a letter to my own Docter to sign me of for a further six weeks. During this time I received a letter from the benefit people telling me I had to go for an accesment, well my benefit was stopped after a month, it seemed that a 20 year old Benefit guy new more about my health than a Harley Street surgeon and a Docter with 40 years experience.
buckyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 20:30   #9
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckyhill View Post
I had a quadruple bypass 5 years ago and paid for it privately. After I returned home in the bumf that I got it explained that I was entitled to a benefit, well I have paid all my life and thought it was about time I got something back. I sent of my claims form and received £60 pounds a week. The surgeon who had done 2500 bypass operations told me I needed time to recover and signed me of for six weeks and sent a letter to my own Docter to sign me of for a further six weeks. During this time I received a letter from the benefit people telling me I had to go for an accesment, well my benefit was stopped after a month, it seemed that a 20 year old Benefit guy new more about my health than a Harley Street surgeon and a Docter with 40 years experience.
How well said!!!!! It's far far worse now.
All I want is some time to heal, get better and get my knee done. Then and only then will I be able to work again, mind you I'll be 63-64 by then
Old 7th April 2016, 04:34   #10
steveo

None

Default Dad

Quote:

Hi again
My father died in 2000 at the age of 65
He was hurt mining coal to keep the likes of people like yourself warm, he got nothing from the NCB by means of compensation and very little from the government by means of a living allowance to keep a family on.

My mother worked full time and I started work straight from school and gave my wage(not board ) to my mum in order to help keep a roof over our head.

Not all people are scroungers!!
Regards
Steve
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote