Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th January 2019, 12:45   #143971
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I think I was "lucky" in that it was the side of my head that hit the ground . . . . hard . . . . and I mean hard, it actually bounced like a bleedin' ball! Being the side of my head the impact was spread over a larger area, had it been my forehead or the back of my head also the path at the foot of the steps where I "crash landed" is tarmac, has a bit of give in it.

On top of the headache and "phantom hat" syndrome I'm not into loud noises, when my other half is speaking to her family back home she has to shout as her mother is a bit corned beef, I have to leave the room or when the girls start playing Maya has a piercing "play" bark, can't handle that. Not into bright light either, normal daylight is just about ok but not the big ceiling light on in a room in the evening. Noticed I'm a wee bit ratty as well, tolerance level is very low, nipped at the girls several times as well as my other half . . . . sorry!
Could be a bit of delayed shock. We’ll keep the noise down on here and dim the lights if that helps.

Speedy recovery.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 13:01   #143972
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Its ok Bob, got me Stevie Wonder specs on

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 16:21   #143973
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev jules View Post

some men are like that they just like being licked into shape :d

Rev.
Pervert
Old 10th January 2019, 16:28   #143974
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I think I was "lucky" in that it was the side of my head that hit the ground . . . . hard . . . . and I mean hard, it actually bounced like a bleedin' ball! Being the side of my head the impact was spread over a larger area, had it been my forehead or the back of my head also the path at the foot of the steps where I "crash landed" is tarmac, has a bit of give in it.

On top of the headache and "phantom hat" syndrome I'm not into loud noises, when my other half is speaking to her family back home she has to shout as her mother is a bit corned beef, I have to leave the room or when the girls start playing Maya has a piercing "play" bark, can't handle that. Not into bright light either, normal daylight is just about ok but not the big ceiling light on in a room in the evening. Noticed I'm a wee bit ratty as well, tolerance level is very low, nipped at the girls several times as well as my other half . . . . sorry!
I didn’t realise it was the side of your head you struck. People like you and I Steve, both on blood thinners are more prone to bleeding and bruising. We have to be extra careful. I don’t want to scare, but if you have any doubts about what your GP said, get yourself to A&E and ask for a brain scan. Being agitated is a sign of a blow to the head. I expect the girls will be very understanding towards you, as they will know you are not your usual chirpy self. Doggies are so knowing.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 18:46   #143975
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I didn’t realise it was the side of your head you struck. People like you and I Steve, both on blood thinners are more prone to bleeding and bruising. We have to be extra careful. I don’t want to scare, but if you have any doubts about what your GP said, get yourself to A&E and ask for a brain scan. Being agitated is a sign of a blow to the head. I expect the girls will be very understanding towards you, as they will know you are not your usual chirpy self. Doggies are so knowing.
My lad is going back to the doc next week, as hos concussion headache hasnt subsided after 3 months. For a scan you have to be referred by the gp. He may have to go for one.
Old 10th January 2019, 20:13   #143976
coolcat
This is my second home

Not the healthiest of dinners tonight.........was proper tasty though

AdobePhotoshopExpress_2019_01_10_19:27:42 by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
Old 11th January 2019, 05:17   #143977
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Good morning all, good morning Jeff, I see your appetite has returned after your recent bout of the runs. The burger and greasy chips looks disgusting! Am jealous
Old 11th January 2019, 06:03   #143978
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Good morning all, good morning Jeff, I see your appetite has returned after your recent bout of the runs. The burger and greasy chips looks disgusting! Am jealous
Morning Phil - how are things in Africa?
It's another cool, grey looking ('cos it's not really light yet) up here
I'm just about to leave home to do the school run for my granddaughter - grandson is big enough, old enough and hopefully sensible enough, to sort himself out and get to to school on time nowadays.

After that - it's yet another visit to the hospital to see my sister's oncologist. I have to be realistic and say we aren't expecting any good news

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2019, 06:17   #143979
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Morning Phil - how are things in Africa?
It's another cool, grey looking ('cos it's not really light yet) up here
I'm just about to leave home to do the school run for my granddaughter - grandson is big enough, old enough and hopefully sensible enough, to sort himself out and get to to school on time nowadays.

After that - it's yet another visit to the hospital to see my sister's oncologist. I have to be realistic and say we aren't expecting any good news
Good morning Rod, I can’t appreciate the feelings you are going through today with your sister, the fears and the hopes. It must be a nightmare. Our thoughts are with you and the family at this worrying time.

Jessica has just gone out for a walk in the forest. I told her to take a stick in case of the snakes and monkeys. I have to go out shortly and get some welding done on the 4x4 front bumper as one of the fixings has sheered off. I had to have new stabiliser bushes fitted and it needed a new drive shaft after the safari, then a puncture, minor stuff.

Stay strong
Old 11th January 2019, 06:53   #143980
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
I am allowing myself one food treat a week