Notices

Old 29th November 2016, 17:26   #1
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts
Angry Health again

Hi all.
No doubt many have noticed I am not around quite as much.
The last couple of months have been less than great.
The missus (rightly so) was unhappy at the amount of time I spent on here and a couple of radio forums but the biggest problem is my health again.
I have had numerous occasions of very fast heart rate, up around 140bpm occurring on a regular basis and out of the blue. At rest my heart beat drops to 40bpm and getting up is accompanied with dizziness and headache. I've seen my GP about this and he was going to arrange a day heart monitor, that was two months ago and I'm still waiting.
I go back on Friday but TBH I get the feeling he's not interested, fortunately I have a record of some of the instances over the last two months on a very good app I have on my phone.
The other problem is the orthopaedic surgeon will not consider my knee operation until the heart issues are resolved.
I also have prostate issues that have crept up and am suffering with depression. If this is my future OH dear.
Old 29th November 2016, 18:11   #2
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi all.
The missus (rightly so) was unhappy at the amount of time I spent on here and a couple of radio forums but the biggest problem is my health again.
I have had numerous occasions of very fast heart rate, up around 140bpm occurring on a regular basis and out of the blue. At rest my heart beat drops to 40bpm and getting up is accompanied with dizziness and headache. I've seen my GP about this and he was going to arrange a day heart monitor, that was two months ago and I'm still waiting.
I go back on Friday but TBH I get the feeling he's not interested, fortunately I have a record of some of the instances over the last two months on a very good app I have on my phone.
The other problem is the orthopaedic surgeon will not consider my knee operation until the heart issues are resolved.
I also have prostate issues that have crept up and am suffering with depression. If this is my future OH dear.
Good evening Trevor

If you feel your GP is not supporting you and your worried about your heart, get yourself back to the Golden Jubilee Hospital, where you had the heart bypass. It's open 24 hours. Sadly some GPs get burn out and all of them are fully stretched. Not making excuses for your GP. Given what you went through to have the bypass and the work carried out by the surgeons, it's not unreasonable to class your symptoms as an emergency. Don't have any doubts calling an ambulance. I am not ignoring your other problems, but your heart comes first.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 18:12   #3
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Chin up Trevor, hopefully the Newyear will bring better news. Deppression and Anxiety at this time if year can fuel heart rate spikes. Hope its nothing serious.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 18:16   #4
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Sorry to hear this Trevor. As said before, push your GP to do something or call ambulance or go to emergency and get it checked out. Try and deal with one thing at a time and not think of everything. I know it's hard, but it does help.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 18:40   #5
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Oh Trevor that is not good. A 2 month wait for a heart monitor for someone with your history is unacceptable. Get back to ur GP and tell them to move their butt's. Phone every day and make a pest of yourself.

Make a list of things that are bothering you and try and tackle them one by one rather than having everything hanging over you. As you tick each thing off or at least make a plan, you should hopefully start to feel a bit more positive about the future. Most importantly try and always count your blessings, a positive attitude can make all the difference xxx
Old 29th November 2016, 19:23   #6
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Hi Trevor,

Sorry to hear things aren't good at the moment but as the others have said, go and get your heart checked out and I'm sure things will start turning the corner for you.
I think Phil's advice is spot on and I trust his knowledge in such things being an ex health care professional .
He has given Ros and I loads of brilliant spot on advice in the past when we were dealing with Ros's Mums health and welfare.

As he said, contact the hospital where you had your surgery with your concerns and I'm sure things will get fast tracked for you.

Cheers,
Old 29th November 2016, 20:10   #7
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Hi Trevor, know how you feel, 8 weeks ago l rushed to hospital where I had massive heart attack. I must admit initially, when the medics told me how limited my life will be compared with previosly, I went into depression. However, my brain told me to forget my previous life style and find things I'll enjoy that I will the void.
So now I'm lying in my hospital bed impatient to get home and start my new life style. I hope you can do something similar. Concentrating on my new future and putting my past life on the back burner has done wonders for my rehabilitation. This approach might not suit you but I recommend you give it a try.
Hoping you can find a positive way forward.
Best wishes.
Alan
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 20:48   #8
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Thanks everyone.
You know the first 6-9 weeks after the bypass I was really doing great, the thought of getting the knee done too was was like getting a new lease of life. Then all seemed to be going down hill, I wasn't too bad at Gretna then fairly quickly it went all wrong.
At my last DWP health assessment the woman who carried it out was really concerned and since then it has got even worse. In the last two weeks I have had some troubles with the car and the small jobs I did made me feel awful.
I haven't ventured out since Friday which is bugging me, I've a friend coming tomorrow and the Doc on Friday but all of this is really worrying.
Old 29th November 2016, 20:55   #9
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Hi Trevor.

It sounds like you're in need of a pacemaker if everything else checks out. It's sometimes part of the journey after bypass, the low heart rate is a worry for me and it needs urgent attention. The recovery process and healing of the breast bone is still a long way from complete but, the slow bpm needs to be checked asap. I'd say please don't be afraid to be pushy and demand answers, it's your health and not theirs.
Good luck.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 09:53   #10
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi all.

Sorry to hear this bud,

GP's are a hit n miss at times as I said to you mine said he wasn't in a position to advise me go figure

I'd be pushing the matter with the GP & request to take it higher up the chain if possible.

If you need any help with anything bud give us a shout.