Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: London & The South
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th July 2016, 10:38   #11
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Howard View Post
In answer to my previous post, I have had good feedback and taking members view into account I am going to suggest that we do not look at separating The South and London but using it to our advantage. There is no reason why we can not have two meetings a month, one for the South (local) and one for the London area, if we, make the South (local) on the second Sunday of the month and the London area on the fourth Sunday of the month, this way everyone has the opportunity to attend either or both, it would need an organiser for each area and can be published in the normal way on the Club Website.
It would be up to members to put forward prospective venues, and maybe once in the year we could have a prestigious venue where we could all meet and have a great day out.
It can be discussed at our Sunday Meet at the New Inn, I look forward to your comments

i agree John there is no reason why we can't have two meets a month and that should keep every one happy see you on Sunday
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2016, 12:01   #12
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

Hi guys.
Just to add in some information that may, or may not have been considered in this subject. I was for a short period of time a Joint Regional Sec for the area I live and spread out into neighbouring counties. I was quite excited to take the role, and seemed a good experience initially, but some areas need to be closely checked prior to making such decisions.
1, The organising of such meets sometimes is relatively easy, other times it can become a real thorn in the side. For example - other commitments/family ETC. Seeking/booking venues and much more.

2, Much personal time is used to make arrangements, also the contact with members asking to be added to lists, booking tables/food requests, dealing with last minute cancellations amongst many more.

3, The RS role is in some ways quite a fun experience, but some may know that the club levies the responsibility firmly on the RS for all that happens at a meeting, & I for one only found this out almost by accident, there is no textbook way to run a meeting provided by the club & only a few guidelines. Other than that, the RS is the ambassador for the club.
So agendas like first aid, H&S with a valid risk assessment combined with endless other protective elements MUST BE CONSIDERED for each and every meeting.

So the questions run like this :

Would any of the agreeing members who are on the divide be happy to accept the role and duties as above on a monthly basis?

In fairness, I did resign due to many reasons which included some of the above, so was inspired by a small group to set up something quite simple as well as good fun. It initially seemed very active, but clubs these days seem to reflect very little commitment by members to even maintain attendance levels for a start, as well as the lack of knowledge of what truly needs to be done to pull off each successful meet.

So this is my view, with a recommendation to all considering the divide -
"Would you be happy to do the work required for the meetings, as well as becoming an RS to hold such responsibilities" ?

I have no intention of upsetting anybody here, but you need to consider what your asking of the RS.

Cheers JohnH.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2016, 12:28   #13
John Howard
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Default In answer

I have taken what you say on board, it is not now our intention to separate the two areas but to embrace them by trying two meetings a month, one South a one London, we will talk it over at our next meeting this coming Sunday....

Last edited by John Howard; 11th July 2016 at 16:33..
John Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2016, 13:22   #14
ken35
Regular poster

rover 75 tourer

Hi,
Hope to attend, but daughter just come out of hospital, will confirm in a couple of days, will be eating if we do come.

Ken Maddison.
ken35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2016, 21:59   #15
alan deacon
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Rover P5 Rover P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Howard View Post
I would like to bring to the attention of the members that I have been approched by some members to say they feel that monthly meetings should be confind to the south and not to incorporate the London area, becouse it is not my nature to be underhanded I feel I should bring it to the members attention, it is felt that London should have it`s own Area Coodinator, this would mean having a South Area Coordinator and a seperate Coordinator for the London Area, then our monthly meetings would be more localised. I will be attending our next meeting at The New Inn on the 17th July and would be pleased to get your feedback on how you feel about this idea?
Sounds sensible to me
Old 15th July 2016, 17:49   #16
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Sincere apologies Peter but for reasons you know about, I have to drop out of this event and a number of others.
I know a number of Moonstone fans will be disappointed by this decision but as Arnie says "I'll be back".
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2016, 18:14   #17
harrisop48
Passed Away

Rover 75 Tourer Club CDTi 2.0 2002 Royal Blue Paint JFM Trim LBB

Thanked 1,043 Times in 364 Posts

Alan,

No worries. Will see you soon. Take it steady.
harrisop48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2016, 09:59   #18
ken35
Regular poster

rover 75 tourer

Smile Sundays meet

Hi, just to confirm 3 for Sunday, all eating.

Ken35
ken35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2016, 15:56   #19
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

A few photos from today. It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway), thanks to Peter for arranging things and booking some nice weather (though it does look a bit cloudy in some of the pics).

Some men at work:

Still working!

See what I mean about cloudy?

Hey, Derek, I've fixed your grill.

This last pic could have been one of the nicest group shots I've taken so far. I had all 4 cars fully in the frame, with no other distractions. Just about to press the shutter when a Merc 4x4 drove into shot and parked alongside one of the '75s. Had to crop the pic to remove the offending car. A nice pic spoilt - I mean, fancy turning up to a pub car park and thinking you can just park in any old empty space.

No. 4 of 6

Last edited by Teflon; 17th July 2016 at 17:02..
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2016, 16:46   #20
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Cheers Peter for putting this together, superb photos once again Cliff,
Good to meet everyone, and cheers Rich for making your acquaintance up from Bristol..

Next get together at Duxford.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote