Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd April 2016, 10:32   #1
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

Default euro car parts on 'the sheriffs are coming'

just watching 'the sheriffs are coming' are euro car parts are issued with a high court writ for neally £7000 for suppling faulty garage equipment .
steve1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 10:36   #2
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 10:55   #3
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Yikes I hope they're OK, I'm just about to place an order with them.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:40   #4
Walter
Posted a thing or two

zebadee

Unhappy Ecp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
I placed an order, it came had parts missing, sent back then after 10 days item sent again. Waited in for 4 days for replacement part, got email out for delivery by DHL, instead of a towbar got 10 inch empty box which according to ECP was my replacement towbar , had to send pics of empty box before they would refund money, I think ECP days are numbered

Last edited by Walter; 22nd April 2016 at 11:47..
Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 14:51   #5
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
they dug there heels in but coughed up eventually
steve1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 17:01   #6
DragonFly
Loves to post

Non 75

I don't think ECP are going to go to the wall because of £7k somehow.

For anyone that didn't see the programme...

Listening to the detail of the incident, it would seem that the customer wasn't happy with an EGR tester that he bought from ECP and wanted a refund saying that it was "faulty". ECP had it tested by the manufacturer who said that the unit was 100%, so ECP refused to refund the customer. Seems fair to be honest.

The customer wasn't happy with that and took ECP to court, but the court papers were served on EuropeCar by mistake, so ECP knew nothing about the case and didn't/couldn't defend it.

Although ECP paid the Bailiff's/Enforcement Agents (they had to because the EA's had a live writ), this money was later returned to ECP when ECP got the case "set aside" as they weren't served and given a chance to defend.
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 19:32   #7
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
I don't think ECP are going to go to the wall because of £7k somehow.

For anyone that didn't see the programme...

Listening to the detail of the incident, it would seem that the customer wasn't happy with an EGR tester that he bought from ECP and wanted a refund saying that it was "faulty". ECP had it tested by the manufacturer who said that the unit was 100%, so ECP refused to refund the customer. Seems fair to be honest.

The customer wasn't happy with that and took ECP to court, but the court papers were served on EuropeCar by mistake, so ECP knew nothing about the case and didn't/couldn't defend it.

Although ECP paid the Bailiff's/Enforcement Agents (they had to because the EA's had a live writ), this money was later returned to ECP when ECP got the case "set aside" as they weren't served and given a chance to defend.
As they say, the truth is out there somewhere and this post seems to be showing the truth!
ECP are a massive organisation, so perspective is needed, due to their size they are bound to get complaints but realistically they should be judged by number of complaints against number of sales and I reckon that's pretty low.
Me I've had excellent service from ECP, one time I had problem, I ordered rear discs using part number suggested on all sites for my Reg. Number, turned out all sites were wrong, only found out when I went to fix discs.
'Phoned ECP, explained that unlike all site suggestions, I need vented rear discs, they quickly located local branch with item in stock and arranged exchange.
Best of all, unlike most firms who knock 10% off paid price for return of opened boxes, ECP gave full credit for returned item against correct item.
Great British tradition, very few satisfied customers bother to publicise their gratitude but dissatisfied customers get maximum publicity!
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 19:42   #8
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

I've just bought the rear cat section for my exhaust from there, on the website, & Carparts 4 less website, it shows two versions of cat, one without a Lambda sensor, & one with. Now on the picture of the one with, it has a disclaimer saying "Not for legal sale to vehicles registered after March 1st 2001" but nothing on the one without the Lambda Now I thought this strange as my car (2002) has a Lambda fitted So I rang them up & gave them each product code & it turns out, the product code for the one without the Lambda, is actually for the one with so it's correct for my car. Confused, you will be Both pictures are with the wrong descriptions, so if I hadn't noticed Wonder how many people have bought wrong bits But, I buy a lot of bits from them & they've always been good
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2016, 08:28   #9
EuroCarParts
Premium Trader

European

Glad you guys watched to the end and saw the commentary, not everything is as it appears on TV :-)

No business is perfect, and mistakes can happen with any business however the positive thing is that forum members can contact both me and Seyi directly on here, meaning if something does go wrong, we'll do everything we can do fix it and avoid it from happening to any other customers!

Pat