Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th April 2016, 18:14   #1
Si-monogram
Banned

MG ZTT TYPHOON 180, PPD 75 CDTI 160, METRO 1.3 A+, ABARTH TURISMO 595, MG ZS V6, 75 duotone tourer

Default Why so many issues?

Ok, so lets face it, we all made the best of an otherwise bad situation but this can't really happen again can it?

Why are the POL organisors not set up on the forums to keep all of us updated or, like studley car boot in redditch, theu have a dedicated hotline with a recorded message keeping you informed if the carboot is on or not. It's simple.

They checked the ground at 6am, no updates on here until nearly 2 hours later.
Friday lunchtime should've been the deadline for a decision on whether the ground was suitable for the mass of traffic. If the ground was that bad, it wouldn't have, by some method of magic, suddenly become suitable for us to drive onto.

This begs the questions, Why don't the event people join the forums and keep us updated on here? Why don't they set up, just for once a year, a dedicated hotline with a recorded update and finally, Why don't we just call for the event to be moved to a part of the year that is more forgiving weather wise?

It would have been very clear on friday if the event was going ahead and it would've saved a lot of folk a lot of money and effort.

Cheers, si
Si-monogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2016, 18:20   #2
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Why don't we just call for the event to be moved to a part of the year that is more forgiving weather wise, (Quote MR190)

Probably because there are so many other events on at the same time, be they at Cofton park, or elsewhere, moving it to a more weather forgiving time of year would mean another event having to change date, other clubs having to cancel their events to fit in with POL.other members of this club missing out on events they want to go to ,so they can attend POL.
Old 16th April 2016, 18:26   #3
Si-monogram
Banned

MG ZTT TYPHOON 180, PPD 75 CDTI 160, METRO 1.3 A+, ABARTH TURISMO 595, MG ZS V6, 75 duotone tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Why don't we just call for the event to be moved to a part of the year that is more forgiving weather wise, (Quote MR190)

Probably because there are so many other events on at the same time, be they at Cofton park, or elsewhere, moving it to a more weather forgiving time of year would mean another event having to change date, other clubs having to cancel their events to fit in with POL.other members of this club missing out on events they want to go to ,so they can attend POL.
What you're forgetting is that POL is one of the biggest events on the MGR calendar, i'm sure things like regional events will take into account such a large event if it means that people aren't messed about and have a better chance of good weather.

Cofton park does host other events throughout the year but none quite so big as POL. I used to live right across the road from the park for 4 years and POL and the party in the park were the only major events of the year.

all the best, si
Old 16th April 2016, 18:30   #4
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Answer..

Eleven years after the demise of the brand, and nothing has changed in the world of Rover, BL, Morris, Austin...etc. POL...P.OFF we're closed.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2016, 18:49   #5
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Why should event organisers join our group?
As club members we are piggy backing on an event our club has not organised, hence the usual disclaimer.

True perspective, 2015's meeting was a great success and whilst our club provided about 20% of attendees, that's not enough for us to criticise the organisers.

If you don't agree with my point of view, set a meet in April 2017 and pray for good weather. Hopefully you'll get good weather, if not, prepare for the flack.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2016, 18:54   #6
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Where do the other 80% of people come from ?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2016, 18:54   #7
Si-monogram
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjay View Post
Why should event organisers join our group?
i'd have thought that was clear? No? Ok, the reason i think event related people should join here is so that like this morning, they can just log on and post an update in the general section (which was teaming with activity at 6am this morning) and they can at least tell us directly whether the event is cancelled or not. It doesn't affiliate this club with organising the show but at least people like simondi aren't running around different social media sites waiting for a non existent update just so we can be kept waiting until the 11th hour to be told it's cancelled.

How does having them join on here make us connected with the organisation of the site?
Old 16th April 2016, 19:00   #8
Si-monogram
Banned

Most of us were told it was cancelled, period. I've missed out on seeing some good friends today as i was under the impression it had all been called off, only to drive to gaydon to be told it hadn't in fact been cancelled but kind of cancelled. I'm sorry but if that isn't poor event management i don't know what is. POL is the highlight of my motoring year and i am quite annoyed that updates weren't properly given to keep MGR enthusiasts in the loop.
Old 16th April 2016, 19:02   #9
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR190 View Post
i'd have thought that was clear? No? Ok, the reason i think event related people should join here is so that like this morning, they can just log on and post an update in the general section (which was teaming with activity at 6am this morning) and they can at least tell us directly whether the event is cancelled or not. It doesn't affiliate this club with organising the show but at least people like simondi aren't running around different social media sites waiting for a non existent update just so we can be kept waiting until the 11th hour to be told it's cancelled.
So you expect them to post updates to here, ,org, enthusiasts and countless other sites?

I agree it was a little shambolic. They should have a well-known site/method of getting the info out and do it quickly.

However it would be nice to think the events of the last few days won't happen in future to cause problems.

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2016, 19:04   #10
Si-monogram
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
So you expect them to post updates to here, ,org, enthusiasts and countless other sites?
yeah, why not? Not all of us use facebook which is where this info was being rumoured and drip fed from. Doesn't take 5 seconds to copy one ''POL cancelled'' message and paste it into the other owners clubs etc. And had you read my original post, you'd see that there are many other ways to communicate with the general public.