Who are most of his detractors?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 17:54   #22
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Well, for a start how about politicians, civil servants (although none have actually broken cover), journalists, bloggers, reporters, spin doctors, 'Leave' activists, local political committees, ordinary people on forums who slag him off anyway because he's a 'toff' (and no, he's not). It's like a snowball rolling down a hill.

I don't have any kind of presence on twitterface etc (never even been on any of them) but I'll bet it's rampant on there. Pretty soon it will legions of the general public believing all the rubbish put out by the above. All of a sudden everything from dawn to dusk has become political dynamite - don't even blow your nose in public. Precious little thought given to the niceties and manners we used to take for granted. We are unrecognisable and there are much more relevant issues that need attention.
Old 8th April 2016, 18:21   #23
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Well, for a start how about politicians, civil servants (although none have actually broken cover), journalists, bloggers, reporters, spin doctors, 'Leave' activists, local political committees, ordinary people on forums who slag him off anyway because he's a 'toff' (and no, he's not). It's like a snowball rolling down a hill.

I don't have any kind of presence on twitterface etc (never even been on any of them) but I'll bet it's rampant on there. Pretty soon it will legions of the general public believing all the rubbish put out by the above. All of a sudden everything from dawn to dusk has become political dynamite - don't even blow your nose in public. Precious little thought given to the niceties and manners we used to take for granted. We are unrecognisable and there are much more relevant issues that need attention.
Thank You

Exactly how I feel - And I never voted for him......
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 18:36   #24
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
Getting interesting now , Cameron admits to benefitting from his fathers offshore financial dealings to the tune of £35k, what more is there to come out ?
I'd love to contribute to this thread but worried I might breach club rules on political opinion.
What I will say is, club members really do believe "we are all in this together" not so sure about the guy who coined the phrase.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 19:53   #25
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
This is all fast becoming an unedifying Witch-hunt by the ignorant and envious.
How unkind!

The issue is actually about a proportion of the public expecting their political leaders to behave exactly as the said leaders preach others to do so.

The debate in relation to tax havens and hiding of wealth moved on from one of technicalities to moral standards around 2010. Our PM has been a driving force behind that change and has publicly taken the moral high ground on the matter. That is why resonable people expect him and his family not to now hide behind claims that these are "private matters".

The political persuation of the individual are irrelevant in this instance.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 20:09   #26
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

An interesting thread.

Like or loathe David Cameron it would have been better if he had been open and honest at the outset.

Continue to keep it civil chaps.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 20:15   #27
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
How unkind!

The issue is actually about a proportion of the public expecting their political leaders to behave exactly as the said leaders preach others to do so.

The debate in relation to tax havens and hiding of wealth moved on from one of technicalities to moral standards around 2010. Our PM has been a driving force behind that change and has publicly taken the moral high ground on the matter. That is why resonable people expect him and his family not to now hide behind claims that these are "private matters".

The political persuation of the individual are irrelevant in this instance.
Nail on head! 👍

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2016, 03:17   #28
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

>>>OK - so I hold a few quid in an ISA to avoid tax and that bars me from holding Public Office?<<<

Nope, but as above, you haven't been ranting on about moral conscience etc have you...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2016, 03:45   #29
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Also, an ISA is a government, BoE and tearsury backed initiative intended to encourage individuals to save. It is not a mechanism for avoiding tax as no tax is required to be paid. It also is not a means of hiding individual wealth.

So, an ISA actually has no relevance to this thread.

Last edited by MSS; 9th April 2016 at 03:53..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2016, 05:12   #30
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

It`s no wonder threads get closed when posters are attacked.
If you want to argue then argue the point the OP`s make and not what you think of them for making it.
Think of PMQ`s they might call each other in a subtle way, so argue the point not the person (member) for making it and maybe we as adults will be allowed some political content. I like to see everyone's views, in fact if I was looking for help, lets say voting, I would more likely be swayed by my peers than any debate on the tele.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote