Notices

Old 30th March 2016, 21:30   #31
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguy View Post
This is a very annoying and upsetting activity for locals. Police can do something if they wish....THIS ...was one example close to where I used to live.

I think I'm right in saying also that some years ago a guy was almost decapitated when some unknown was so sick of it, they strung a wire across the track.
I know it sounds wicked, but, if they want to act like idiots, perhaps an idiot knows how to deal with an idiot. No sympathy whatever.
Old 31st March 2016, 18:00   #32
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
Keith

Would it not be a good idea to contact the Police Commissioner for your area, and tell them what you have done, and see what response you get from them

https://www.police.uk/northumbria/pcc/

It must be awful for you

Stu
I complained to my local M.P. about lack of policing and he sent the police commissioner to my house to here my complaint. He came into my living room slouched down on the settee and i mean slouched,one of my complaints was local lads riding horses through the high street leaving behind a trail of you know what. His reply was as follows, " the 1st day i visited Rhymney i was sitting by the window of the police station with a cup of tea and was very amused to some cowboys riding pass." He then proceeded to tell me of his great plan for the area, with no reference to any of my complaints.
We have 2 community policemen covering 3 small towns, 2 days in each town.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 19:26   #33
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc13661 View Post
Our residential area is generally good, however we do have an issue with youths riding off road motorcycles on local fields, and known to access these fields via public roads. Now the Police turn up the cycles scatter and the Police say they can't give chase for Health and Safety

So today as my wife is driving in, we get one of the cycles in front of us with no lights, registration, no protective helmets or clothing and on a public highway, so quick thinking I video the incident on my phone. Eventually as the youths realise they are been filmed they flee... upon my return home I report the incident to the Police who arrive at my house 2 hours later, and to their surprise, I present them with evidence in the form of video and an excellent still photo of the rider and pillion looking direct into the lens.

Now the farce bit.... The Police will do their best to trace the youths, and issue a warning on them or the bike, not to use it.... a second warning could result in Police action !

Now correct me if I am wrong, but if you or I drove our car down the road without insurance, we would be subject to the wrath of the law, we would face a fine, penalty points and our vehicle would be impounded.... so what makes us different to them?
Write to your local MP stating clearly the above and asking for his/her comments. afterall we live in a democracy
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 20:02   #34
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

IMHO the reason is the police know if they proceed against these youngsters they are likely to retaliate and beat the you know what out of the police.
On the other hand, the police know if they catch a kindly old 75 owner committing a misdemeanour, the Rover owner will say "It's a far cop officer you've got me bang to rights", then proffer their wrists for the handcuffs.
Obviously that last bit is an unlikely scenario as 75 owners never commit wrongdoings.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 06:45   #35
Mason6
Loves to post

V6 Classic SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjay View Post
IMHO the reason is the police know if they proceed against these youngsters they are likely to retaliate and beat the you know what out of the police.
On the other hand, the police know if they catch a kindly old 75 owner committing a misdemeanour, the Rover owner will say "It's a far cop officer you've got me bang to rights", then proffer their wrists for the handcuffs.
Obviously that last bit is an unlikely scenario as 75 owners never commit wrongdoings.
Sorry but that's absolute balderdash

There's a lot more going on in the background than the public know however if you keep complaining about these yootz something eventually will be done and the more complaints made the better!

It's an issue up and down the country, some areas worse than others, and higher priority will be given to those who're suspected of using stolen vehicles instead of lads who are (in their minds) just riding their bikes harming no one!
Now if you suspect the vehicles in use are possibly stolen well that's a whole new ball game!

Not entirely satisfactory to some however the 999 call handlers and POD operators will be prioritising other issues within the immediate vicinity and, yes unfortunately, a couple of neds tearing up the neighbourhood on off-road cycles is not high on the list for over-worked under-staffed bobbies!
That said it needs dealt with so keep at them, build your case, get the local cooncil environmental peeps involved also and if all else fails a box of carpet tacks from B&Q!

Rover 75 Contemporary SE CDTI in Starlight Silver which was the 49th out of 849 produced
Mason6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 10:35   #36
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason6 View Post
and if all else fails a box of carpet tacks from B&Q!
The problem there is, if you re read Keith's o p, they are riding on the roads, so the above, not such a good idea, as innocent motorists would suffer too.
Old 1st April 2016, 10:43   #37
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Then prosecute the parents for bringing the little scumbags into this world, in all probabilities the parents have no respect for other peoples properties, and were just the same when they were young.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 18:59   #38
Mason6
Loves to post

V6 Classic SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
The problem there is, if you re read Keith's o p, they are riding on the roads, so the above, not such a good idea, as innocent motorists would suffer too.
You're absolutely right Rich, forgot about them!

"Then prosecute the parents for bringing the little scumbags into this world, in all probabilities the parents have no respect for other peoples properties, and were just the same when they were young."

I totally agree and it's a major issue nowadays however with their war cry being "I know my rights .....!" it's hard to point them in any direction

Rover 75 Contemporary SE CDTI in Starlight Silver which was the 49th out of 849 produced
Mason6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 20:04   #39
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

We now have Police Commissioners, these are high salaried people that we actually VOTE into office and part of their 'job' is to hold their Chief 'Con' stables to account on issues that we citizens want to be taken seriously. So, write to him, petition him and at the end of your letter/e-mail just drop in the point that you voted for him last time and that you are making a serious complaint for ACTION
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 03:37   #40
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old. This may be the better forum as threads get ‘lost’ very quickly in the General Forum.

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote