Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: How did you hear about the 75 and ZT Club?
I got a club flyer on my car 15 0.83%
Internet search 1,447 79.77%
Linked from another website 169 9.32%
Word of mouth / recommendation 244 13.45%
Press Ganged 11 0.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1814. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3rd June 2015, 22:45   #581
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

with curvaceous, spacious and comfy versus sharp angular plastic tat..... give me old fashioned any day...
Old 24th June 2015, 20:55   #582
Skyblue

Rover 75 Contemporary SE Tourer

Smile

Hi all. Found this site on the web when considering whether or not to get the car about 18 months ago. Very useful site/forum with lots of very knowledgeable contributors. Apologies for not joining sooner but I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to social media and stuff like that. Already found the site useful for various things - like why the footwells were full of water shortly after I got it! Look forward to learning more useful stuff from here on in.
Skyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 20:17   #583
NRMOZ
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon X2

Thumbs up

First off, thanks for accepting me to the forum, and for the welcoming notes.

I found this website during an Internet search on how to fix a non working rear blind on my new / old Rover 75...

I have just acquired a 2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. It's my second Rover; the last was 45 years ago, a 1955 Rover 90. The 'new' car is quite superb.'

I'm working through a lot of the posts on the forum, and I'm gaining new insights into my car as I read more...

Many thanks for maintaining this site to the high level of information contained there-in.
NRMOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 20:39   #584
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRMOZ View Post
First off, thanks for accepting me to the forum, and for the welcoming notes.

I found this website during an Internet search on how to fix a non working rear blind on my new / old Rover 75...

I have just acquired a 2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. It's my second Rover; the last was 45 years ago, a 1955 Rover 90. The 'new' car is quite superb.'

I'm working through a lot of the posts on the forum, and I'm gaining new insights into my car as I read more...

Many thanks for maintaining this site to the high level of information contained there-in.
Welcome along Nick, there is an active overseas section, including the Southern Hemisphere members Take your time & have a look around
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 13:00   #585
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Hello all. Just got a 2004 75 the other week and was advised about this site from another forum
So far i have fixed my mirrors with info on here and i am hopefully about to get some new gaskets? for the rear lights.
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 18:43   #586
aggro64

rover 75 saloon

goggle brought me here
aggro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 19:22   #587
DRC66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 and 75 Tourer

After owning a 52 plate Rover 45 1.4 for the past 9 years and 123,000 miles and it drastically failing it's Mot at the end of July I needed another car. The 45 was a real workhorse and apart from normal wear and tear was extremely reliable so it had to be another Rover. I found a 52 plate 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE with 78,000 miles on the clock locally (Edinburgh). It had very straight bodywork, paint finish still excellent, as was the interior and had clearly been very well looked after mechanically. The car had only covered 4,000 miles per year over the past three. Did a deal and absolutely delighted. Performance, ride and build quality have really impressed especially as it's a 12 year old car.
Found the club whilst surfing the net as I didn't even know there was one although I have seen a few 75's and ZT's starting to appear at the classic car shows.
Anyway after a few days of ownership the ABS warning light came on and the speedo stopped working. It also overheated whilst city driving. Found the solutions to the problems in the technical forum and problems resolved. New sensor on the drivers front wheel and bushes for the fan.
Very impressed with both the 75 and the club.
Many thanks
Duncan
DRC66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 08:31   #588
Rocks

Rover 75 Saloon

Thumbs up New kid on the block

Greetings
I originally found the Rover 75 and ZT Club, when I lived in South Africa when searching to resolve a problem for my Rover 75 (2.0 Diesel - German model).
I have just bought a 2001 - 75 with low mileage. It has passed its MOT but I have a problem with the central locking system. It locks the doors but only opens the right rear passenger door and not the others. Looking for a solution for this.
I'm hopeful that somebody out there has a solution for this.
Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 09:21   #589
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Probably all 3 door lock solenoid assemblies are duff!
They are notorious
We change them almost on a weekly basis these days

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 08:22   #590
tomgraham
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE

Default tomgraham - how did I get here ?

I gave up asking my mother that question at a fairly early stage in life, but on this occasion I'm happy to answer this one myself.
Looking for general info about 75s I followed the link thrown up by google, and rather liked the look of the place. On paper I now own a 75 1.8, but don't ask me any more as I've never been in it, let alone driven it; I don't even live in the country the vehicle's presently located in. Car's in UK and I'm in Germany. When I find time I'll go over to collect it; then I'll have to get it TUVed (MOT) and taxed which will involve fitting new headlights, and if there's only one rear fog light, and it's on the wrong side, attaching a supplementary rear fog light. Obviously, as a partial nincompoop, I'll be heavily reliant on the knowledge and expertise that this Forum offers, so a big Thank You in advance.
Tom
tomgraham is offline   Reply With Quote