Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd May 2015, 18:58   #1
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Default The best Speed Camera detectors

Hi.
As the title above suggests what's the best speed camera detector out there on the market. I have been using a Snooper s2 now for around 10 years and its saved me a good few times over the years by alerting me to a rogue camera on unfamiliar roads that I've travelled along..
I know some people's answers here will be " drive slower and you won't get a speeding ticket " but its easy to get caught out on roads you don't know. Talking to a passenger can momentarily take you eye off the ball and miss a speed restriction zone ect ect ect..
Sadly my snooper has died a death and im now on the look out for a replacement. At the moment I've been experimenting with some Android smart phone apps and while most have been total rubbish there are a few good ones that have turned my head. Sam cam is not to bad apart from being a little fiddly on the settings and the very annoying alerts it spurts out. Ez cam and Tom tom camera alerts also work reasonably well too but they both feel under developed on the software side of things to be used hassle free on a smart phone. The one that has stood out from the rest though is "Pocket gps" offering called Camera alert. This seems to pick up all the fixed cameras around my area but more importantly it also shows were all the potential mobile van and police hand held location haunts are as well. The alerts are tastefully advertised as well instead of some others that make you almost jump out of your seat and through the sunroof.
You can also notify other road users of radar/ speed traps that are not on the data base should you come across one. So back to my original question ,do any other members here have any such recommendations of a good speed camera detector.
My poor old snooper refuses to lock into a satellite signal nowadays ( ever since I've fitted a dash cam strangely enough ) so I'm now looking at alternatives.
P.S. I don't condone speeding in anyway but at the end of the day we all do it from time to time without realising it, as were only human.
Many thanks for reading
Johnny
Old 2nd May 2015, 19:48   #2
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

Im using waze navigation with speed trap allerts updated daily by other users as well as traffic information
flying_pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 20:09   #3
johnnyb44

Rover 75

I've tried Waze on my old phone but it ended up force closing the app..Its got some real good review's from its users so I may give it another try on my new phone..
Cheers buddy..
Johnny
Old 2nd May 2015, 20:22   #4
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

I got it few years now had it on my galaxy s2. Iphone 5 and now on lg g3 works perfectly fine only downside if yo traveling abroad it needs internet connection
flying_pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 20:25   #5
johnnyb44

Rover 75

I think my old phone was fairly low spec for it to work smoothly.
I'll definitely give it another try through