Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th February 2007, 12:17   #1
tourerfogey
Banned

Default GRRRRRRRRR - some people

Travelled to look at some bits and pieces for one of my cars this morning (not the 75).

When I got there:-

A) He didn't have as many bits as he said he did
B) The parts were scrap and not in the condition he'd told me

and most infuriatingly,

C) He'd decided he wanted more than the price we'd already agreed!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRR
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2007, 12:27   #2
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

Some people, i remeber i drove to Bristol from kent to look at a car and it was pants i did't even stop i just turned the car round and come home.
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2007, 12:39   #3
BMC123
Posted a thing or two

2004 1.8 Connoisseur SE, 1999 XJ8

Yep... I drove across country with a mate to buy a Rover SD1 described as "immaculate" and it really was an Irish Rover, as it was 40 shades of Green :SHOCKED:
the outside really was a patchwork of colours, but strangely enough the inside was totally mint. as was the boot and engine/engine bay so although I was about to turn around as soon as I saw it, a closer inspection showed me it was just in need of paint, and I drove her for 5 years before selling it on to buy the black one I have posted pictures of before.

A few years on and I was looking for Jaguar, and went to view 6 cars one day, involving a 350 mile round trip, not one of the cars was as described, every single one had something pretty bad wrong with it, (Rust, oil in water, electrical faults, damaged panels, dodgy brakes/gearboxes) and I was so annoyed I wrote off to trading standards and reported 3 of the dealers for false advertising. felt a bit better after that
Old 10th February 2007, 12:47   #4
tourerfogey
Banned

I suppose I was fortunate in that I didn't have to travel too far and we worked it in with a visit to somewhere else close by - so at least it wasn't a totally wasted trip, but still very irritating. The worst part is that I got the impression the seller thought I was being unreasonable when I refused to go ahead with the deal!!
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2007, 19:28   #5
tigerchubs
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT+ in Yorkshire Gold

Ah my pet hate. When considering The purchase of a 75 I found a CDT Classic SE. In the ad the car was described as Immaculate. Both the woman and later the man both confirmed the car was as advertised, I said at this stage I had a way to come and didnt want to waste my time. So armed with the address my wife Lynn and I excitedly set off.

On arrival at the address there was no answer and no sign of the said 75. Just about to leave when this chavette appeared. I asked her about the car to be greated with the phrase "eh? we dont one a them but i'll ask me dad ees in bed"

At this stage the pressure release valve is about to pop, when I turn to look at my wife and see a rover 75 down the side of the house opposite No 27 not 26 as told 50 mins earlier. At this we both walk accross the road toward the rear of the car which appears a little grubby but sat straight. Here ends the good feeling. The car could only be described as a skip. The front bumper had been sprayed with carplan paint, with the headlamps blended in the same colour. The interior could only be described as an ashtray/kennel. It was on the floor, the seats, the door pockets the tinted windows were infact year of nicotine build up. I then asked the question about the 75 advertised to which the gimp who couldn't remember his own address stated thats it mate. After couple of expletives and an enquiry about Jeremy Beadles whereabouts, my wife lead me away before I declared war. To be honest I was gobsmacked how this guy kept a straight face.

Lynn proud of my acheivement and clearly relieved at my self restraint said "lets go and look at the conn se while we are up this way if its not much further" Thankfully I fell head over heels, the beauty tamed the beast. So the gimp did me favour of sorts.
Old 17th February 2007, 20:42   #6
mach1rob
Gets stuck in

Why do they do it? I like to think I describe my cars as honest as possible, and if it is a dog say so! Blimey, it doesn't take that long to wash hoover and polish it to get it looking its best, I hate a car I'm selling being dirty, and I hate going to view a filthy car I'm paying good money for. I can forgive it if it's a cheap fixer upperer I'm getting tho
mach1rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2007, 14:22   #7
tigerchubs
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT+ in Yorkshire Gold

I'm with you on that one Rob just a few hours work and a little honesty is all it takes.