Notices

Old 25th September 2014, 04:48   #11
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
HaHa, I did once buy some 36" ape hangers, but never did use them, those T-Bars on that Suzuki are, if I remember right, 10" high.

Out of those 2 photos, I'll be going more towards that Sportster. Spent the last few days finding things on the net. When I finally find somewhere to supply to colour I want in a spray can, I plan on spraying the frame, tank, mudguards, side panels, bars, fork bottoms, possibly the wheels with stainless spokes or something, a few bits of the engine painted, and the main casings polished.

Not sure if I'm gonna go with a side mounted or standard numberplate, but have been looking at rear lights and indicators, which will also be sprayed green, and mounted on the rear part of the frame, preferably the bar that goes from the mudguard down to where the wheel bolts in. Front light will be almost back to standard (Damn! Wish I'd kept that light, would've saved me some £'s) a 7" light, main body of the light will be green with a chrome ring holding the lens in. Unsure on indicators, possibly something hanging from the handlebars, Harley style, though the standard Harley parts are too large, and their custom bits are far too expensive.

Exhaust will get wrapped, unsure on what silencer, but it'll definitely have more baffles in it than the current one!

Low handlebars, like those you've shown, or possibly just some straight bar. And maybe some gaiters on the forks. I think I've got some old haggard bags to chuck over the back.

*edit*

As for decals, being a Suzuki, I'm planning on cutting out a template of the old Japanese rising sun, and lightly spray it on the sides of the tank in white. Only lightly so it looks like it was done in a bit of a rush. And if I can cut it out finely enough, I might try and get a paragraph or 2 of Japanese writing, and put that on the top of the tank, or on the rear mudguard.
All sounds good Derrick/
A side plate does look the business imho
Here is mine

Before

After

(Road legal plate 6.5" x 6.5")

You could also add a tool bag behind it. I use mine for carrying my flask.

Side plate holders
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_...d=360758867400