Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th March 2011, 15:57   #1
tezzer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Default induction kit?

Hi all, Im interested in fitting a induction kit to my ZT 1.8T, was just wondering whether or not anybody on here has done this if so was there any problems along the way in fitting etc?... i asked a few members at the meet yesterday but without much luck, but were still very informative on most other probs i had!, so im putting it out there for more feed back... on my 1.8 i have sensors going into one of the pipes so i wasnt sure what i would do about that, im assuming it senses something but i really havent got a clue what there for or if they can be removed without doing any damage or put up a warning light, please HELP!...
many thanks Tezzer
tezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 16:42   #2
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

There is is this one http://www.performance-filters.co.uk...8_p1547037.htm

Haven't fitted it so i can't comment on it's performance.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 17:03   #3
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

i have fitted the panel type K&N which fits in the standard box,quiet a nice purr on tickover,they claim extra BHP and better performance from a leading name.

these induction kits which require modification of the air intake pipes and sensor mountings can cause problems.i have found some that are excessively loud and for the fuel economy loss and no real gains in performance a bit disappointing.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 17:16   #4
r44flyer
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi 135+

Get one of these...
http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/IT...ex.html?page=1

and connect it with this...
http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/AI...316/index.html

and any silicone reducer and jubilee clips you might need.

With a metre of the ducting you can route the filter to somewhere that gets lots of cold air. I did this on my old 620ti, worked very well, and ITG filters are very good.

Can't comment on the sensor as I don't know the engine. Is it between filter and turbo? Are you sure it's a sensor and not just a breather hose?
r44flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 17:27   #5
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

hi terry i would leave well alone ,when they play up they cause all sorts of problems , funny enough we had a polo in today for an mot it had one on the owner told us the car might not pass the emissions .. he also said it is hard to start when the engine is warm ,cam sensor springs to mind but no when we opened the bonnet we saw this indution kit he fitted lol lol lol , was all loose just fel off hahahahaa,, ithout it the car started start away and the idle was alot more smoother , i told him to fit a polo one back on and if its the louder note he wants just get a sports back box that is bigger than the one he has so will b more throaty ... by the way it passed the emissions,so i guess its a case of your car you do as you like with it ,, i wanted get one on my car bu was advised not to do it ..anotherreason but i just cant think of it at the moment ...

Last edited by chrissyboy; 7th March 2011 at 17:41..
chrissyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 19:31   #6
tezzer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

thanks for all the comments and advice chaps, maybe i will give it a miss then and just fit the k&n flat panel filter in the box, thanks again.. im defo gonna get myself a new twin tail back box though
Old 7th March 2011, 19:38   #7
tezzer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by r44flyer View Post
Get one of these...
http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/IT...ex.html?page=1

and connect it with this...
http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/AI...316/index.html

and any silicone reducer and jubilee clips you might need.

With a metre of the ducting you can route the filter to somewhere that gets lots of cold air. I did this on my old 620ti, worked very well, and ITG filters are very good.

Can't comment on the sensor as I don't know the engine. Is it between filter and turbo? Are you sure it's a sensor and not just a breather hose?
to be fair im not sure what it is its coming out of one of the big air pipes going down towards the cold air take feed...
Old 7th March 2011, 19:56   #8
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzer View Post
thanks for all the comments and advice chaps, maybe i will give it a miss then and just fit the k&n flat panel filter in the box, thanks again.. im defo gonna get myself a new twin tail back box though
they got a new branch of long life exhaust in forest hill now give them a bell for a price .
Old 7th March 2011, 20:06   #9
tezzer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
they got a new branch of long life exhaust in forest hill now give them a bell for a price .
nice one mate will do...
Old 7th March 2011, 20:10   #10
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzer View Post
thanks for all the comments and advice chaps, maybe i will give it a miss then and just fit the k&n flat panel filter in the box
I'm pretty sure that i will be doing the same.I'm tempted to go down the induction kit route but i would like to keep it fairly OE in appearance under the bonnet.An induction kit such as the Maxogen with a cold air feed to the front would certainly add a few hp and make a noticeable difference.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote